Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
What would you do? Help!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 11:27 am
I received a diamond bracelet for Yom Tov.
I took it out of the box and it was missing a diamond.
Went back to the store and they were very nice about it and said they would get me a new one.
Got the new one and it wasnt in fact new. They just replaced the diamond which was upsetting because I hadn't even worn it!
Took it back again... got a new one.
Now ive barely worn it, maybe 5-10 times and I looked at it yesterday and it's missing TWO diamonds.
Ive had jewelery way longer than this with no issue! This ive had what, a month??
Im embarrassed to go back again.
Should I get over it and just ask nicely for my money back??
Have you ever been in a situation like this?
What would you do?
I really dont want another replacement. Obviously the quality sucks!
Help!

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 11:28 am
Maybe they will let you exchange it for something else

Elfrida

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 11:30 am
I doubt you'll get your money back. Maybe a store credit.

amother
Mint

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 11:32 am
I would ask for it be exchanged or refunded. Sounds like they would have the courtesy to do so anyhow.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 11:32 am
Yeah I have a feeling they wont give money back but it was really expensive and just very upsetting.

chaya007

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 10:51 pm
If you have bought other items from this store and didn’t have any issues with the other items then I would encourage you to talk to them about getting a replacement or money back, citing that you have been a customer of theirs before. If this is your first time at this store, yeah maybe see if you can get store credit.

amother
Crimson

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 11:34 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I received a diamond bracelet for Yom Tov.
I took it out of the box and it was missing a diamond.
Went back to the store and they were very nice about it and said they would get me a new one.
Got the new one and it wasnt in fact new. They just replaced the diamond which was upsetting because I hadn't even worn it!
Took it back again... got a new one.
Now ive barely worn it, maybe 5-10 times and I looked at it yesterday and it's missing TWO diamonds.
Ive had jewelery way longer than this with no issue! This ive had what, a month??
Im embarrassed to go back again.
Should I get over it and just ask nicely for my money back??
Have you ever been in a situation like this?
What would you do?
I really dont want another replacement. Obviously the quality sucks!
Help!

Yes this happened to me with a ring from a very reputable jewelry store...same story like yours, first time it happened, they replaced the diamond but when it happened again I told them they needed to take the ring back and they did,

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 11:49 pm
Happened with my engagement ring, actually. Small diamond on the side fell out, had it replaced, then less than a year later lost another one. I was so upset! My husband brought it back to the jeweler who fixed it and tightened all of the settings and now kah it’s been good for many years!

challahchallah

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 11:54 pm
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
Happened with my engagement ring, actually. Small diamond on the side fell out, had it replaced, then less than a year later lost another one. I was so upset! My husband brought it back to the jeweler who fixed it and tightened all of the settings and now kah it’s been good for many years!

This is a good point. If you can’t get your money back, I’d have them tighten all the prongs. If someone skilled goes through and hand tightens everything, it very well may last quite a while.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 11:36 am
I ended up being able to give it back and took a different bracelet. He was nice about it. Was still pretty embarrassing though. For him as well.
Not really impressed with the new bracelet either but now I know not to buy real jewelry at that store!

Chayalle

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 11:38 am
Honestly don't think it's necessarily the store's fault.

My sister has a diamond ring with a bunch of small diamonds around it and they constantly fall out and are being replaced. I've heard this from other people too. I think these pieces have a design flaw.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 11:43 am
Yeah. Just shows the quality isnt all that great.
I dont think its the stores fault. Its the company that made it.
The price tag just doesnt add up to the quality.
My engagement ring is missing 2 small diamonds on the side right now, just have no patience to fix and ive already replaced a couple. It happens!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette