Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Why are girls wearing center parts?
Previous  1  2  3  4

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 12:26 am
You think it doesn't look good because your eyes haven't adjusted to it. If it stays in style, it will start to look normal and good.

Shuly

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 10:48 am
I love middle parted sheitels - no more annoying side bangs in my eyes!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 12:22 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
You think it doesn't look good because your eyes haven't adjusted to it. If it stays in style, it will start to look normal and good.

I think it doesn’t look good specifically on my daughter. She looks much better when her hair is brushed back (no part) in a pony. It does no justice to her face when she center parts her hair and wears a low pony. I have noticed other girls who recently changed their style to the center part. Some look fine. Some look like my daughter. It’s the look of just trying to be in style and fit in (but really doesn’t look good). Yesterday I was sitting in my car waiting for my kids and I spotted a teenaged girl who had a distinct center part. She had curtly hair and you can tell she had to work hard for that part as it was jelled on the sides. She sadly was not a pretty girl and all I thought was how much nicer she would probably look without that heavy center part. Sad how people would rather show the world that they are in style and not care to look nice.

Crookshanks

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 12:25 pm
I look the best with my hair parted in the middle. I wore my hair like that when I was single, and now my shaitel falls the same way. I cringe at my elementary school pictures with my hair all back or in a side part.

amother
Rose

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 8:43 pm
The evils of fashion are such that EVERYBODY does the same without paying any attention whether it suits them or not. I find this utterly rediculous as your hairstyle needs to frame your face well and suit you.
Not to look good but "have" the hairstyle that's "in" is madness.

dancingqueen

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 8:45 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I think it doesn’t look good specifically on my daughter. She looks much better when her hair is brushed back (no part) in a pony. It does no justice to her face when she center parts her hair and wears a low pony. I have noticed other girls who recently changed their style to the center part. Some look fine. Some look like my daughter. It’s the look of just trying to be in style and fit in (but really doesn’t look good). Yesterday I was sitting in my car waiting for my kids and I spotted a teenaged girl who had a distinct center part. She had curtly hair and you can tell she had to work hard for that part as it was jelled on the sides. She sadly was not a pretty girl and all I thought was how much nicer she would probably look without that heavy center part. Sad how people would rather show the world that they are in style and not care to look nice.

What looks so bad about it, in your eyes?

amother
Lime

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 9:43 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

My teen daughter also looks best when her hair is brushed back into a pony with no part. She thinks it's nuts that all the girls are wearing the center part low pony style regardless of how it looks on them, and she just wears her hair however she pleases.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 9:50 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Sad how people would rather show the world that they are in style and not care to look nice.

But they DO think they look nice, by wearing the latest style. I think they care very much, in their own way.

Every generation goes through this. We all look back 10 or 20 years and go "What on earth were we thinking?!"

Your daughter's daughters will wear something weird, and she'll be just like you, and she'll be really annoyed at how dumb something looks.

And on and on it goes.

Try to just live and let live, and you'll be a much happier person.

amother
Teal

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 10:12 pm
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
The evils of fashion are such that EVERYBODY does the same without paying any attention whether it suits them or not. I find this utterly rediculous [sic] as your hairstyle needs to frame your face well and suit you.
Not to look good but "have" the hairstyle that's "in" is madness.

Why? Why are girls obligated to look "good" if they don't want to?

Miri1

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 10:16 pm
I'm laughing because just this Shabbos I observed a group of girls walking down the street, and something struck me as a little off... like how is it that these cool girls are wearing those nerdy ponytails...
my mistake!! they're at the height of fashion, and it's I who got left behind somewhere because I didn't even know it LOL LOL LOL

amother
Rose

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 10:25 pm
amother [ Teal ] wrote:
Why? Why are girls obligated to look "good" if they don't want to?

Oh! and how they want to look good. But fashion blinds and deceives them into thinking that they only look good in the latest hairstyle.

amother
Teal

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 10:28 pm
Or maybe they have a different opinion of what looks good.

Chaya123

Post Fri, Nov 27 2020, 12:41 pm
Yes, I also don't like the center part but as soon as my daughter started high school, she joined the trend. I liked how she looked with regular pony much better but won't make her be diff than anyone else. It's a weird style, I agree.

pinkpeonies

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 7:26 pm
this isnt a new trend... it was newish when I got married 6 years ago and got all my shaitels with center parts... then it was actually brand new. center parts have been around a while now
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics