Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed
Responsibility to notify of covid exposure
Previous  1  2  3  4

southernbubby

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 6:06 am
chanchy123 wrote:
I understand why people would want to avoid any official record that that are sick and since I don’t live in the U.S. it’s hard for me to judge this, but just because you don’t want to officially report your illness doesn’t mean you are not responsible to make sure everyone you may have contacted is informed. I have heard many accounts of inefficient contact tracing in Israel, I don’t think it’s my job to wait for a contact tracer to inform your contacts, you have to be proactive about it. I do understand how one or two contacts could fall between the cracks of you’re really sick and not thinking straight.

Obviously it only takes seconds to send a text, email or WhatsApp to anyone who may have been in contact with the infected person.
Unfortunately in the frum community, we have unlicensed child care and grooming services which can come back to bite the users of these services.

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 6:28 am
southernbubby wrote:
Obviously it only takes seconds to send a text, email or WhatsApp to anyone who may have been in contact with the infected person.
Unfortunately in the frum community, we have unlicensed child care and grooming services which can come back to bite the users of these services.

When my husband was sick we told everyone but forgot about 1 person.
Its not crazy to forget to inform one person. Everyone is human

doodlesmom

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 6:30 am
LovesHashem wrote:
The flu doesn't cause: decreased fertility, heart disease, lung issues and necessary transplants, kidney damage, long term breathing issues, heart palpitations, heart damage, and so much more side affects young and healthy people even in their 20's have experienced.

Say you are willing to take a risk to get all of this - since most people don't. But don't say there's no risk at all. Don't say it's just like the flu.

You misunderstood, she was pointing out that like the flu, this virus does not give lifetime immunity that’s all.

southernbubby

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 6:35 am
amother [ Firebrick ] wrote:
When my husband was sick we told everyone but forgot about 1 person.
Its not crazy to forget to inform one person. Everyone is human

Of course this can happen but probably not as likely with licensed businesses that have readily available contact information.
More and more restaurants and businesses are requiring contact information.
Nobody is calling anyone crazy and because the average person forgets, the responsibility should be primarily on the user of the service.

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 7:11 am
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
Of course it will end! There is a vaccine!

I’m guessing it will be something more like the flu shot, rather than let’s say polio. I don’t think the vaccine is designed to eradicate it, just to protect people from it.

amother
Hotpink

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 8:20 am
amother [ Oak ] wrote:
Nails is done fully siting down. I went last week to someone I know sanitizers everything between clients, had a window open, wore a mask and had a thick plastic partition between us with a hole at the bottom to stick hands through. I also wore a mask.

The plastic partition and sanitizing made me feel safe enough to go.

Listen, do what you feel comfortable with. But realize, nothing is without risk. Even with all those precautions if your manicurist would contact you a few days later that she has a full blown case just diagnosed, don't tell me it wouldn't make you concerned about having caught it, or wonder if you inadvertently carried it to someone else in your family.
If you are going to be in contact with vulnerable people, you need to be more cautious and aware of these things. Pretty nails are not worth the risk to me, as I am in regular contact with my parents. OP said she was planning a visit to her elderly father, so the wisest thing would be to skip the manicures for now.

amother
Oak

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 9:42 am
amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:
Listen, do what you feel comfortable with. But realize, nothing is without risk. Even with all those precautions if your manicurist would contact you a few days later that she has a full blown case just diagnosed, don't tell me it wouldn't make you concerned about having caught it, or wonder if you inadvertently carried it to someone else in your family.
If you are going to be in contact with vulnerable people, you need to be more cautious and aware of these things. Pretty nails are not worth the risk to me, as I am in regular contact with my parents. OP said she was planning a visit to her elderly father, so the wisest thing would be to skip the manicures for now.

The high risk people I am in touch with were okay and didn't feel like this was a risk. My DH is also somewhat high risk and being very careful and he was okay with this as well.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed