Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
What did your teen take for Covid?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 11:02 am
My teen was recently diagnosed with Covid. The symptoms aren't that bad bh. The pediatrician is saying there's no meds for a teenager. He said he would give Hydroxychloroquine and zinc to adults only. Has anyone had a different experience? Thanks.

Just One

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 11:03 am
Why would you give anything? Bh if he's a healthy teen his body has the capacity to fight it off easily. If it makes you both feel better a good multivitamin and vitamin C will do the trick

Chayalle

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 11:28 am
My girls ended up with sinus pressure, and they took antibiotics.
So did my DH.

I didn't, and I'm the only one with lingering taste/smell issues. I keep wondering if the antibiotics helped with something that I didn't get.

amother
Cerulean

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 11:31 am
Antibiotics kill bacteria. Lack of smell is a result of nerve damage caused by the virus. I don’t think they are related.

Chayalle

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 11:34 am
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
Antibiotics kill bacteria. Lack of smell is a result of nerve damage caused by the virus. I don’t think they are related.

Did I get more nerve damage by continuous sinus pressure that I didn't treat?

amother
Cerulean

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 11:44 am
Chayalle wrote:
Did I get more nerve damage by continuous sinus pressure that I didn't treat?

That I do not know. I’m a well read CPA but my knowledge is limited, I am not a neurologist 😆

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 11:55 am
My teens took Tylenol

amother
Seagreen

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 11:55 am
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:

Where did u get this information from? Is it even true?

My personal experience is that when I get sinus pressure from covid I couldn’t smell. Once I was able to release the stuffy nose I was able to smell again. Nerve damage would cause more like bells palsy.

amother
Teal

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 12:10 pm
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
Where did u get this information from? Is it even true?

My personal experience is that when I get sinus pressure from covid I couldn’t smell. Once I was able to release the stuffy nose I was able to smell again. Nerve damage would cause more like bells palsy.

There are 12 cranial nerves. Nerve damage to nerve #1 would cause loss of smell. Nerve damage to nerve #7 would cause Bell’s palsy

amother
Purple

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 12:57 pm
My teen felt quite sick the first 2 days. I gave vitamins and treated shortness of breath with having dc breath in the vapors of boiling water with baking soda in it. BH after that dc was better and better.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics