Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
SAHM...

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 5:49 pm
If you have a 1-3 kids, is your house spotless?

amother
Ruby

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 5:50 pm
Spotless no
Clean yes
I have cleaning help also
Have 2 kids

amother
Khaki

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 5:55 pm
LOL no! I admit I'm a lousy housekeeper and just home this year because of covid stuff but I'm home with a toddler and a baby and my house is a mess. I try hard to tidy when I can but I can't seem to find time to do actual cleaning like vacuuming. The littles are afraid of the vacuum so I can't do it with them there and I can't do it during nap time. Last year when I was working, we were all out of the house all day, so I could clean up at night and it would stay that way mostly until the next day when we got home. Now we're all home all day making messes--more dishes, trash, toys, dirt tracked in from time outside, etc.

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 6:03 pm
What's your definition of a SAHM?
I work from home 15 hours a week and have a 15 month old home with me. My other 3 kids are out of the house all day. My house is much cleaner than when I was working out of the house, but not spotless by any stretch of the imagination
(I have 2 hrs of cleaning help once a week)

amother
Blush

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 6:06 pm
I used to be a SAHM when my kids were small and at home. I am blessed with 2. My house was never spotless. We were too busy baking, doing art projects, playing with toys, reading stories......
I don't know how anyone cleans ever!

amother
Puce

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 6:06 pm
I have 5 kids ka”h. Not always spotless, but for most of the day it is. Between 4-8 it’s usually messy and chaotic, once my little ones are in bed I start cleaning up from the afternoon craziness.

Edit: and for an hour or so in the morning it’s a mess after the kids leave to school, I take my time to enjoy a coffee on the couch with my phone before cleaning up.

amother
Pewter

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 6:07 pm
I have a playgroup in my house and I homeschool. Does that count as stay at home? I have cleaning help 3 days a week for 6 hours per day. My house is sometimes flying, sometimes neat, and almost never spotless.

tichellady

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 6:11 pm
Haha no. If anything when kids are home during the day the house will be messier than if they are out

SuperWify

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 6:12 pm
Um... nope. I work from home so there’s literally never enough time.

Only when I have cleaning help.

MiriFr

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 6:17 pm
I’m not a SAHM, so I hope I’m allowed to answer!
My house is always clean. There are toys all over the place from 3:30-7:30.
My #1 survival tip is anything that takes less than 2 minutes gets done now (aka as soon as it enters my head). Making beds, dumping a load in the wash, clearing crumbs off the table, even sweeping sometimes if it’s just 1 room, washing the dishes in the emptier sink.

amother
Brown

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 6:21 pm
Do you mean with or without cleaning help.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 6:46 pm
I've always thought stay at home mom was a mom staying home and not working.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 7:28 pm
I'm a stay at home mom, aka, not working. I'm home with a toddler, although I love it, no my house isn't always clean. I do try to clean up the most before going to sleep. Now that depends on what type of day, afternoon, previous night I had.

amother
Wheat

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 8:14 pm
I'm a SAHM, my house is a big mess during the day, toys everywhere, project supplies, play dough, piles of laundry, dirty dishes everywhere. When the kids are in bed I clean, can take about 1-2 hours. I go to sleep to a clean house Smile wake up, repeat of the day before.

amother
Orchid

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 8:35 pm
I have 2 kids. School age. My house is kept nicely under control bec I can clean it when they are out and it's easier to keep up that way. No cleaning help.

amother
Oak

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 8:40 pm
I'm a SAHM. My house is a mess and has been since this pandemic hit. My momentum has dragged. I have BAH 5 kids and the youngest is 1. He climbs into the kitchen sink and tries to cut lemons (he was right next to me! And needed stitches) he gets out of his stroller seatbelt. He won't nap. He doesn't eat. He unfolds laundry. I also have a 2 yr old at home. He's an angel.

I also currently in my first trimester of a bc pregnancy and have heartburn, nausea, excessive saliva, gas, and backpain.

Nothing is getting cleaned. Nothing gets folded.

My husband should be blessed. He stayed home last Friday and tidied up (man quality but that's ok) and made shabbos for our family.

Normally I can keep things presentable.

Right now is not normal.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics