Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Pandemic EBT - Are we still supposed to get?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 4:22 pm
In the spring everyone got pandemic money for each child. Even those who don't qualify to receive food stamps ( if I remembered correctly it was a total of 420 or so per child). Is this over? Or are we supposed to get more each month? Especially since school started?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 5:13 pm
Bump

Cheshire cat

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 5:16 pm
I think it was a one- time payout to make up for the days of enforced school closures before pesach

Would've been nice though...

amother
Lemon

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 5:17 pm
I don’t think so. At least, my sister has been complaining that she’s getting her normal amount and she needs more if schools shut back down.

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 5:30 pm
They said to keep the cards “in case” they will refill in the future , if let’s say we go into complete lockdown for a few months.

doctorima

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 5:32 pm
At the moment they're not giving more, but I've heard that there is a push to get more in early 2021, independent of income, though it's not guaranteed that it will go through.

Mashy123

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 6:08 pm
Gitty Rosenberg has a website for all pandemic related stuff http://chaiplus1.com/

amother
Cerulean

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 6:11 pm
I still haven't received the card for several of my children. They're still working on the first batch for those who fell out of the system by mistake.

Mashy123

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 6:18 pm
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
I still haven't received the card for several of my children. They're still working on the first batch for those who fell out of the system by mistake.

I don't get it why people post anonym on this thread

amother
Burgundy

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 6:38 pm
It might depend on the state. I’m pretty sure I got a letter saying that I will get starting from September and as long as schools are closed (I’m assuming public schools)

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 8:19 pm
If schools are closed a certain amount during a month, they might have their students qualify. Otherwise the expectation is that kids are getting fed in school.

miami85

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 8:23 pm
I never got mine. I called and emailed and nothing ever happened with my claim. I know other people got it.

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 8:25 pm
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:

I only received it for the children that were attending a school that year.
My yeshiva boys and toddler didn’t get one. I didn’t expect to, since I understood that it’s related to schools that were closed during the pandemic in NY.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 8:27 pm
Correct. It's for children who would have gotten school lunch either free or reduced (or alternatively if the percent of low income is high enough, every student qualified)

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 10:33 pm
I'm in an area that was a red zone recently which means schools were closed. Anyone know if the red zones are receiving money again? Anyone from Brooklyn red zone here?

amother
Blonde

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 11:37 pm
Do high school girls qualify?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 11:57 pm
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:

Yes.

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 12:05 am
Several months ago we received 840 dollars for our two eligible kids. The money went on my husbands Medicaid card.
A couple months later a card in the mail for my elementary school son for $420.
I did not receive anything from my high school girl she doesn’t get lunch in school but we qualify for free lunch. Am I supposed to be receiving $420 for her also?
Does anyone know? And I’m not sure why I received an extra $420 if I got for my son already .

amother
Plum

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 7:06 am
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:

Only if your daughter gets free lunch in school or you are already on food stamps.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 2:47 pm
No, only if she gets lunch in school. The school submits the list to the state.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries