Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Do YOU make more than 200K
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Mauve

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 5:53 pm
amother [ Puce ] wrote:
Amazon business, I’m involved, but admittedly my dh runs it. The reason I am posting is because it would be possible for a woman to do it as well based on opportunity and amount of time needed, plus flexibility.
The business netted more than $3M this year. Bh. Bh. Lots of Mazel involved!

I'm curious how many products you sell in how many marketplaces?

I'm currently selling in most marketplaces and I've probably net about $1m this year. Curious what we need to get to your level.

amother
Puce

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 5:58 pm
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
I'm curious how many products you sell in how many marketplaces?

I'm currently selling in most marketplaces and I've probably net about $1m this year. Curious what we need to get to your level.

It’s not really about how many products, we sell many but our approximately 10 best sellers make up a majority of our profit.

Especially now in the pandemic, if you sell something essential and your product ranks well.

amother
Taupe

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 7:01 pm
I make over $200K as a C-Level executive. I am also a CPA but my job is people management and problem solving. I have been working for 30 years in 5 jobs including large accounting firms and other entrepreneurial companies that have eventually been bought by public companies, and have been paid at this level for approximately 15 years. Tremendous siyata d'shmaya and chasdei Hashem.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 7:51 pm
110k FT CPA. Live in Lakewood and work not too far from home.
Also get family health benefits and 401k match.

finprof

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 7:54 pm
Nope, I could if I worked on Wall Street but I decided to put my family first so lower paying academia it is!

amother
Forestgreen

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 7:57 pm
amother [ Puce ] wrote:
That’s like saying what’s involved in becoming a master chef, throwing a bunch of ingredients together and putting the oven on.....

Importing is one way to sell on Amazon but there is a lot more to it than most people can fathom.

Can you enlighten those of us who are not in the know?

amother
Tan

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 8:06 pm
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
Can you enlighten those of us who are not in the know?

There's a very clear course for 100 dollars or so (didn't check the price recently) by a heimish yungerman that explains the details of Amazon.

You can listen to it and then decide not to go into Amazon. Its not such a big investment.

Amazsimple.com
https://www.mytradesimple.com/AmazSimple

amother
Lime

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 8:14 pm
Wow, opens your eyes to a whole world!
( I’m a h/s teacher work 3-4 hrs A day officially many more at night dealing with parents, tutors other teachers etc Marking preparing etc doing this for 17 years and make 14k.
A total joke but love my job and that I’m on my kids schedule, can’t pay $ for those

Just boggles my mind how one of the most important professions make the absolute least...)

amother
Bisque

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 8:32 pm
amother [ Lime ] wrote:
Wow, opens your eyes to a whole world!
( I’m a h/s teacher work 3-4 hrs A day officially many more at night dealing with parents, tutors other teachers etc Marking preparing etc doing this for 17 years and make 14k.
A total joke but love my job and that I’m on my kids schedule, can’t pay $ for those

Just boggles my mind how one of the most important professions make the absolute least...)

No you're wrong. Parenting, which I think is THE most important job in the world, pays even less. Less then zero, actually....

small bean

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 8:43 pm
amother [ Puce ] wrote:
It’s not really about how many products, we sell many but our approximately 10 best sellers make up a majority of our profit.

Especially now in the pandemic, if you sell something essential and your product ranks well.

No 2 businesses are the same on Amazon. I don't have my own business but work with one. There were years we netted 40mm and years we netted 5mm. It's a lot about your specific business plan.

rikkik

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 8:45 pm
I was feeling pretty good abt my salary, then I read this thread, and now I feel poor.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 8:45 pm
amother [ Bisque ] wrote:
No you're wrong. Parenting, which I think is THE most important job in the world, pays even less. Less then zero, actually....

It pays. Just not in cash Smile

amother
Bisque

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 9:03 pm
amother [ Dodgerblue ] wrote:
It pays. Just not in cash Smile

You're right!!!!

amother
Lime

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 9:03 pm
amother [ Bisque ] wrote:

Hey, no need to be so tough.
I’m a parent too .
We’re talking about paid positions here..
chill

amother
Orchid

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 9:27 pm
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
I’m a social worker with masters degree and 30 plus years experience. I’m now in administration. $98k gross. For the amount of work I do and how hard I work, it should be more. But that’s how poorly social workers are paid. I’m at the top of the scale.

I am a LCSW. I've been in the field for about 15 years. Post graduate school, I specialized in a family trauma modality. I work very flexible hours, about 18 a week, and other 2 or 3 hours a week on training and supervision, and make about 120k a year.

mommy3b2c

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 9:42 pm
amother [ Smokey ] wrote:
Are any of you in Brooklyn and hiring??

I have a business in Brooklyn and I’m looking to hire someone.

amother
Slategray

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 9:49 pm
amother [ Dodgerblue ] wrote:
I'm sure that what you are describing does happen. But it's hard to judge from the outside unless you are very familiar with the person's industry and their particular place in it. It is not always a simple linear tradeoff between quality of life and earnings. In fact, I'd say it usually is not.

A person who can earn $200K can't automatically choose to work 50% of the hours for $100K or 80% of the hours for $160K, even if that might be perfect for his quality of life. Also, it is not always an option to stay at a certain level in some fields or even to move down. If you're not moving up, then you may be out. Young people entering the workplace rarely understand all of the dynamics that will someday constrain their choices.

This is so true. I earn 250K+ a year. If I worked less, I wouldn't be earning 150K or 200K a year. I would have been laid off several years ago.

amother
Wheat

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 10:03 pm
I'm in a medical speciality, not in the USA.
I earn the equivalent of about 450 k in US dollars but I work between 50-90 hours per week, including calls on shabbos for life-threatening illnesses. It took 10+ years of education, and I am hoping to work less once we hire more people in my field..... Although if I work less, I'll earn less. But I would prefer to improve my quality of life. (I'm still at work as I type). Can't Believe It

amother
Tan

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 10:05 pm
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
I'm in a medical speciality, not in the USA.
I earn the equivalent of about 450 k in US dollars but I work between 50-90 hours per week, including calls on shabbos for life-threatening illnesses. It took 10+ years of education, and I am hoping to work less once we hire more people in my field..... Although if I work less, I'll earn less. But I would prefer to improve my quality of life. (I'm still at work as I type). Can't Believe It

I hope that you are in EST and its not 3 am for you!

amother
Ruby

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 10:20 pm
amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:
Can you do longer hours? Raise your prices?

Where I live there is a shortage of playgroups and people would definitely pay more to get into one especially if it's a good one.

A friend of mine has a playgroup, has 12 two yr olds, an assistant and is open from 8-5. She does pretty well for someone that doesn't have to leave her house and can be home with her baby. Even after paying her assistant she still grosses a lot.

I already work long hours and charge the max I can which is why it's more like 40 now I only take a small size group and won't take a large group for legal reasons. It's definitely hard a work so full time and I really am caped out but won't make more working out of my house .
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics