Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Movie to watch with my 15 year old DD
Previous  1  2

ruby slippers

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 10:13 pm
We just watched Enola. very cute movie- family friendly (girls wear pants though)- about the sister of Sherlock Holmes. Its a mystery/comedy

Also- The Sleepover.
an oldie but goodie- Parent Trap

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 11:43 pm
The queen of katwe

Sing and Shrek were very funny Animated

amother
Crimson

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 10:02 am
Jumanji--the girls wear very non-tzniut clothing, so not sure if that's an issue, but basically clean and a lot of adventure.

Gifted (not Gifted Hands, hah!), about a very academically advanced girl.

On Netflix, Enola Holmes.

If you don't mind a X-mas theme, Princess Switch on Netflix.

amother
Wine

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 10:09 am
If you like bad films, try Summer Magic. It's awful. I loved it.

amother
Wine

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 10:18 am
eema1 wrote:
We just watched Enola. very cute movie- family friendly (girls wear pants though)- about the sister of Sherlock Holmes. Its a mystery/comedy

Also- The Sleepover.
an oldie but goodie- Parent Trap

The Hayley Mills one or the Lindsay Lohan one? The former has a father awkwardly starting to try to explain the birds and the bees, and one of the pranks involves Susan getting the back of her dress cut out.The Lindsay Lohan one has one of the twins (I don't remember which) telling Meredith that she is not the right match because not everything is about s*x.

Aylat

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 10:27 am
DD 15 and I are watching Lost in Space together. 2 seasons, 10 episodes each on Netflix. Each episode is almost an hour, we normally watch one together motzei Shabbat. We are both really enjoying it!

As far as I remember there are 2 kisses in the whole show, one between awkward teens (and many episodes later they have a brief conversation about how that was the first time either of them had kissed anyone), and one between a married couple. The women wear 'regular' non-tznius clothes like t-shirts and trousers, maybe a tank top occasionally. There is a short scene in the second season in which it is implied that two women are married parents, but so subtly that someone non-aware might take them for friends or sisters.

Positive themes: family togetherness, not giving up, second-chances, becoming a better person. And complex ideas (more developed in the second season) about free-will, humanity, sentience, exploitation. My main beef with the show is that all the female characters are too skinny. They are also intelligent, independent, multi-dimensional (and a really creepy villain), but I wish there was a diversity of body types.

Last edited by Aylat on Tue, Nov 24 2020, 10:39 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Puce

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 10:28 am
How to steal a million - 1964 comedy,( but please research).

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 10:47 am
My son and I watch cooking shows like chopped and house shows like flea market flip
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics