Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Stroller, car seat recommendation

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 02 2020, 8:36 pm
I am 7 months pregnant with my fourth child iyh. I have to buy a new car seat, since someone borrowed it two years ago and never gave it back to me. It was a graco. Recently my single stroller got stolen while I was on vacation, so I need to buy new one of those also. It was a city mini. And I have to get a crib since mine broke after my last child.

Anyways, I'm perfectly happy buying a new gear however I need to decide what to buy. I tend to go in out of the car a lot, I also take the baby to work with me in the beginning so I don't want any car seat that's way too heavy to shlep upstairs. I never had a "nicer" stroller And I'm deciding if it makes sense to buy one. I was very happy with my city mini honestly and had no complaints. (I have the double for over 8 years now in perfect condition heavily used)
what car seat or stroller would you look into besides what I had in the past?
Is there any "nicer" stroller that folds up and is easy to take in that of the car? am I better off just getting another City mini that worked for me in the past? (I would get the GT this time)
What's the difference between a Graco car seat or a maxi cozy or any of the other ones?
I don't think I want a doona honestly but I am open to suggestions and reasons why it would work for me...
Also, regarding the crib is there any specific cribs people buy nowadays? My last one was just a Graco crib from Walmart that I bought cuz I was kind of desperate. It was fine, and again I had no problems with that but I would look at something nicer looking also.

queen esther

Post Mon, Nov 02 2020, 9:03 pm
Following this!
I also have to buy new stroller and car seat. Had graco for both eight years ago and I was happy with it. I researched car seats and didn't find much difference between all the kinds, so think I'm sticking with Graco. But for stroller... Not sure either. I like the idea of being able to have a stroller be with a bassinet, which I never had before. Curious to see other replies here.

amother
Purple

Post Mon, Nov 02 2020, 9:06 pm
I have a doona and a yoyo and love them both. perfect for in and out of the car as theyre easy to fold and unfold

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, Nov 02 2020, 9:27 pm
There are a lot of great travel strollers out there for in an out of the car, and you can click the carseat into the frame. If you figure out which stroller you want, you might want to then find out which car seat is easily compatible. I got the cybex car seat because I got a cybex stroller (Priam). However I didn’t get a travel stroller yet, but I think I might get a cybex so I can use that with my carseat easily (the stroller I already bought is not lightweight).

amother
Yellow

Post Mon, Nov 02 2020, 9:48 pm
I got a maxi cosi car seat for my baby. Very light weight.
And I have a citi mini gt that I love!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 02 2020, 10:51 pm
amother [ Purple ] wrote:
I have a doona and a yoyo and love them both. perfect for in and out of the car as theyre easy to fold and unfold

My sister has the yoyo and I think it's a great travel stroller but doesn't look strong enough to use all the time honestly. I also found my citi mini closed almost as small as it.
The doona I am on the fence with. I would need to shlep it up steps every day and I am not so excited with my baby being in a car seat shale most of the day.
I hate figuring these things out....

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 02 2020, 10:51 pm
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:
I got a maxi cosi car seat for my baby. Very light weight.
And I have a citi mini gt that I love!

I was looking into it. What are the perks over a typical graco?

GLUE

Post Mon, Nov 02 2020, 10:52 pm
A few years ago Consumer Reports did a study on infant seats they found that they are all pretty much the same safety wise. The easiest car seat in and out of a car is usually the lightest, if you have very big infants maybe get a 30lb one so you can have it for longer.

There are Graco strollers that have bassinets

A city mini is a good stroller to put in and out of car. I loved my snap & go and used it when I had an infant seat.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 02 2020, 10:53 pm
queen esther wrote:
Following this!
I also have to buy new stroller and car seat. Had graco for both eight years ago and I was happy with it. I researched car seats and didn't find much difference between all the kinds, so think I'm sticking with Graco. But for stroller... Not sure either. I like the idea of being able to have a stroller be with a bassinet, which I never had before. Curious to see other replies here.

Never either had a bassinet or a stroller that can face me. I just don't know if it's worth it for just a few months. If I get an uppababy I can borrow the bassinet from my sister but I am nervous about taking it in the car all the time. I would have to buy two strollers.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 7:31 am
Bump

It's black Friday so looking to see what to get since a lot is on sale.

I looked at the maxi cosi. I would have to buy a base with it. I dont love the base model. I saw and was very expensive.
On the fence with the doona still.
No clue about stroller. Help!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 7:39 am
GLUE wrote:
A few years ago Consumer Reports did a study on infant seats they found that they are all pretty much the same safety wise. The easiest car seat in and out of a car is usually the lightest, if you have very big infants maybe get a 30lb one so you can have it for longer.

There are Graco strollers that have bassinets

A city mini is a good stroller to put in and out of car. I loved my snap & go and used it when I had an infant seat.

My kids are born small. Then get to the bigger end LOL and then end up tiny!

Sunny Days

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 7:51 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Bump

It's black Friday so looking to see what to get since a lot is on sale.

I looked at the maxi cosi. I would have to buy a base with it. I dont love the base model. I saw and was very expensive.
On the fence with the doona still.
No clue about stroller. Help!

I had the maxi cosi with the bugaboo fox. I specifically got that one because I needed a stroller with a lot of storage space/large basket (had a graco before which was decent in storage but too wobbly).

But this may be too expensive for you as well.

It’s not the quick fold like baby jogger but it wasn’t bad.

amother
Firebrick

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 9:24 am
Personally I would just stay with the city mini gt. It's a strong, fairly lightweight stroller. It folds almost as small and flat as the travel strollers. You could get the adapters to attach a car seat to it. There's also the option for a bassinet as well.
I don't find the travel systems are really worth the price tag. Best is a strong stroller that will last.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics