Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Do YOU make more than 200K
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 10:20 pm
BH! I am so happy to see that earning 200+ IS a possibility!! I appreciate this thread a lot.

amother
Slategray

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 10:38 pm
amother [ Firebrick ] wrote:
BH! I am so happy to see that earning 200+ IS a possibility!! I appreciate this thread a lot.

Caution: Most of us who are earning 200+ studied for close to a decade to get an in-demand degree or have a talent for business.

amother
Black

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 10:46 pm
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
I'm in a medical speciality, not in the USA.
I earn the equivalent of about 450 k in US dollars but I work between 50-90 hours per week, including calls on shabbos for life-threatening illnesses. It took 10+ years of education, and I am hoping to work less once we hire more people in my field..... Although if I work less, I'll earn less. But I would prefer to improve my quality of life. (I'm still at work as I type). Can't Believe It
what kind of physician are you?

amother
Wheat

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 10:54 pm
amother [ Black ] wrote:
what kind of physician are you?

Adult neurologist in general hospital and outpatient practice.

amother
Black

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 11:04 pm
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
Adult neurologist in general hospital and outpatient practice.
90 hours is a lot. I always thought Canada has a better work life balance than the US.

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 11:51 pm
rikkik wrote:
I was feeling pretty good abt my salary, then I read this thread, and now I feel poor.

Ha was thinking the same thing . I guess OP didn’t ask about those making under 200k so maybe that’s why those making under that amount aren’t posting .

amother
Slateblue

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 12:56 am
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
There's a very clear course for 100 dollars or so (didn't check the price recently) by a heimish yungerman that explains the details of Amazon.

You can listen to it and then decide not to go into Amazon. Its not such a big investment.

Amazsimple.com
https://www.mytradesimple.com/AmazSimple

It’s in Yiddish. Can you recommend a similar course given in english please?
Thanks soo much!

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 7:04 am
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:
It’s in Yiddish. Can you recommend a similar course given in english please?
Thanks soo much!

I was hesitant if I should post it because it is in Yiddish but I couldn't recall an English course that is so clear and concise.

Maybe try YouTube videos. But I have no idea how you can know which of them are true information and which of them are bs.
Sorry.

westchestermom

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 10:40 am
It seems like many people have the earning potential but have scaled back because of family. I'm only making $100k as a nurse because I get out of work before 3 pm to be home before the kids. I wouldn't reach $200k unless I was willing to work at least until 5 pm.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 11:21 am
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
Ha was thinking the same thing . I guess OP didn’t ask about those making under 200k so maybe that’s why those making under that amount aren’t posting .

I posted like this because on the other thread, it seems to indicate that anyone and everyone with any saichel can make 250K.
I firmly believe, that that is the exception. That there are a few people who Hashem has blessed then with tremendous Mazel and bracha, who can have an Amazon or photography business and make that kind of money. Someone who has gone to law /Medical school or is a CRNA and put in the time clearly, with Mazel, has that earning potential-but often, not always, at a work-life balance.
I want to know how many therapist actually make that kind of money-not have the potential, but actually billed enough hours-had the time and mental/emotional energy to make the money we speak of.
I for one, selected a profession where I do not make great money but have flexibility hours and do not have the life-death responsibilities. I consider that a work-life balance which I would make again.
It is the Amazon business which makes 3 million that bewilders me. They make it sound like it is a few hours a day and requires no hard work, investment of time or money or education. This is what I wonder how prevelant it is and what I am doing wrong with life.

amother
Puce

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 12:35 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I posted like this because on the other thread, it seems to indicate that anyone and everyone with any saichel can make 250K.
I firmly believe, that that is the exception. That there are a few people who Hashem has blessed then with tremendous Mazel and bracha, who can have an Amazon or photography business and make that kind of money. Someone who has gone to law /Medical school or is a CRNA and put in the time clearly, with Mazel, has that earning potential-but often, not always, at a work-life balance.
I want to know how many therapist actually make that kind of money-not have the potential, but actually billed enough hours-had the time and mental/emotional energy to make the money we speak of.
I for one, selected a profession where I do not make great money but have flexibility hours and do not have the life-death responsibilities. I consider that a work-life balance which I would make again.
It is the Amazon business which makes 3 million that bewilders me. They make it sound like it is a few hours a day and requires no hard work, investment of time or money or education. This is what I wonder how prevelant it is and what I am doing wrong with life.

Amazon is not few hours a day at all, but flexible hours!
There is lots of time invested, but if you start VERY slowly, then you don’t need to invest that much money, just keep reinvesting earnings.
Earning that much is not the norm on Amazon.

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 1:52 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I don’t know which thread made it sound like anyone can make 250k, but people who make money seem to think that it’s due to their hard work and forget that Hashem is the One who decides these things. My husband should be making that much, but Hashem has decided that our life path would be different than we intended. He’s very smart and hard working. And BH doing ok now although not making 250. Iyh one day!

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 3:19 pm
westchestermom wrote:
It seems like many people have the earning potential but have scaled back because of family. I'm only making $100k as a nurse because I get out of work before 3 pm to be home before the kids. I wouldn't reach $200k unless I was willing to work at least until 5 pm.

Yup, this is me too. I could have taken a more stressful job for the 250-300 range, but instead I took one that was more normal hours (40-45 per week) at right about 200k. Then, I had a baby and negotiated less than half time work for $100k. So, my income is going down over time as my family grows. My hourly equivalent is going up though so I hope to go back to making more once I don’t have tiny ones in the house.

amother
Sapphire

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 5:35 pm
Funny reading this thread, as an attorney who secretly fantasizes about starting a basement amazon business.

Silly question, but do amazon businesses mostly still get their products from China?

amother
Purple

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 5:39 pm
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
Funny reading this thread, as an attorney who secretly fantasizes about starting a basement amazon business.

Silly question, but do amazon businesses mostly still get their products from China?

Not necessarily. Some do. There are other ways to source products.
I know a CPA who is now running a basement Amazon business bringing in a lot more money than he could have hoped to ever make.

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 6:29 pm
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
another CAD drafter self employed poster. IF I had a full work load I could make 200k. I am self employed and I generally don't have enough of a workload to make 200k but if I was working full time I would. It's a very specific niche that I'm in. I charge per project based on the complexity. I can work 60 hours a week or almost 0, depending on work load. ( curious about the other CAD drafting couple about your niche, would you post your specifics?) I wouldn't say this is generally a super lucrative field, it's from Hashem that it works for me. And there were slow times and good times, it's not always a given when self employed.
I’m also a cad drafter! Do you mind telling me how much you charge hourly? (You charge per project, but what does the hourly amount work out to be) Thanks! Also how many years experience.

amother
Wine

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 7:32 pm
I do make more than $200,000 a year! oodles and oodles more... but only in my dreams LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL I don't even make half that, can't imagine what life would be like if I did!

I'm not complaining. I thank Hashem every day from the bottom of my heart that I have a job and we are able to pay for all of our needs and some of our wants too. We are careful about $ and we work it out, living as frugally as we can. No retirement or anything like that, and no family $$ to help, but that's ok - I know Hashem will continue to help us! in the right time we'll have more if He wills it.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 7:38 pm
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:

That’s where you get cheap stuff so probably.
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics