Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
Wrong info for direct $ app - who is responsible?
Previous  1  2

forgetit

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 11:47 pm
What does your rav say? Not sure the rav in question will get the full story from your perspective.
On the other hand, not sure we are getting the full story since we're lacking the provider's perspective.
But if its only $100, and you're otherwise, happy, maybe just ask her to split it (although it does seem like she should take the loss 100%, from the way you described the situation).

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 10:59 am
number wrote:
Yes it’s not a great choice on her part. Even if she’s in the right she should think about if it’s worth losing your business over a hundred dollars. Obviously not everyone thinks that way though. It should be a kapparah Hug

I don't think she thinks of it as losing my business... probably didn't realize how frustrated I was.

Either way, now the company tried to sign up for Venmo using that email, and it worked. They can't access the money because there's an open dispute on it, even though I tried to close the dispute. So now I need to get Venmo to close it. But B'H it looks like the money will go through and the issue will be resolved. So weird, though.

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 11:26 am
number wrote:
Something seems fishy. It took them a week to realize they wanted square and not Venmo. I wouldn’t be so quick to give in.

And there's a person with the same unusual spelling of the same name at the same organization, who isn't this person.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 11:32 am
Thanks for the update and hope the story has a happy ending. Just before you close the dispute with Venmo, make to first confirm with them that the money will go where it's supposed to - to your friend's newly created account - and not to the other people who signed up for it originally.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions