Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
I got a call from dept of labor
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 10:11 am
QueensMama wrote:
So after rereading this thread it seems you left the job because conditions weren't optimal. You mistakenly thought it was enough reason to get unemployment. Now you've discovered it wasn't.

You can't change the past. Now you've learned.

I'm sorry, it's difficult to return money that might have already been spent.

Wasn't spent..bh

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 10:12 am
watergirl wrote:
This shows how there is so much confusion and people getting the wrong info from the wrong sources. How many threads were there here from TEACHERS(!!) saying they were quitting their jobs so they can make more money on unemployment? Someone said it well above. So many people left their jobs thinking they had it great and could get a windfall and now have this issue.

Or all those angry posts about how schools should have their teachers claim unemployment so the schools don't have to charge tuition. Or that schools were doing this than making a profit. Now you see how shortsighted that advice was. Did people think the government was just going to give give give with no oversight or checks and balances.

amother
Orange

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 10:17 am
watergirl wrote:
The teachers could have said thats why they left their jobs if it was true. If their claims are looked into like OPs is, they will have to prove the claim.

Oh of course (though that did apply to most). Most teachers, whose paychecks were lower than PUA + regular unemployment, kept working because they, rightfully, felt an achrayus to their students and schools. I was just responding to your apparent shock that there were teachers who claimed unemployment when their jobs were available to them.

QueensMama

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 10:18 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Wasn't spent..bh

bh!

Smile

watergirl

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 10:19 am
amother [ Orange ] wrote:
Oh of course (though that did apply to most). Most teachers, whose paychecks were lower than PUA + regular unemployment, kept working because they, rightfully, felt an achrayus to their students and schools. I was just responding to your apparent shock that there were teachers who claimed unemployment when their jobs were available to them.

I'm sorry, I thought it was clear that I was replying to someone else, and that I was discussing the people who applied for unemployment when they were not entitled to it.

QueensMama

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 10:22 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Boss screamed and yelled at me

That's awful. Sad

Unfortunately, it seems you need a paper trail showing you contacted them and gave them the opportunity to correct the situation.

Speak to a lawyer.

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 10:26 am
OP, did you get an official letter from them? At this point, it sounds like you can't keep the funds, but you should look into whether you can avoid a penalty.

amother
Orange

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 10:33 am
watergirl wrote:
I'm sorry, I thought it was clear that I was replying to someone else, and that I was discussing the people who applied for unemployment when they were not entitled to it.

Whoops sorry! I think I just got defensive on behalf of all those teachers who were overworked from watching all their kids and doing zoom and saying why don't I just go on unemployment if it'll make more money anyways.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 25 2020, 1:29 pm
All sorted out bh!
Spoke to them and only have to give back like 960$
Bh

Thanks all

Notsobusy

Post Wed, Nov 25 2020, 3:40 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
All sorted out bh!
Spoke to them and only have to give back like 960$