Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Whole family gets virus the same way?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 3:26 pm
I was diagnosed with Corona. It presented mostly as stomach virus symptoms, with a tad of cold, cough and loss of sense of smell. No fever. One by one my whole family is showing stomach virus symptoms, even my husband. No one has a fever. No one else lost their sense of smell yet. We did not test them yet. Just wondering if it's a "thing" that a whole family would get the virus pretty much the same way? Stomach virus symptoms is not the most typical way for the virus to present itself.
For what it's worth, we all share the same blood type.

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 3:41 pm
Yes pritty much we all had same symptoms including eye pain headache shivers fever sinus infection

Chayalle

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 3:41 pm
DH and I and my big girls had upper respiratory, flu-like symptoms, lost sense of smell. But my little one had none of that - though she complained that her stomach hurt, at the time the rest of us were sick. I wondered if she even had it. But yep, she has antibodies.

I don't know the girls' blood types, nor DH's for that matter.

amother
Peach

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 3:44 pm
My sister and her husband and whichever of their kids had it, each presented with different symptoms. Two were totally asymptomatic.

amother
Black

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 3:49 pm
My friends family each had it in completely different forms - one parent extremely sick and bedridden for a few weeks, the other parent extremely mild symptoms including loss of taste and smell for a day or two. Kids varied from fever, tired, to asymptomatic.

notshanarishona

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 3:50 pm
We all have it. Myself and my husband have almost identical symptoms, the kids have very different.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 3:53 pm
I'm wondering if they're all just passing around a stomach virus, unrelated to Covid. We don't plan on testing them for Corona, we'll just wait it out in the house. But we'll do antibody tests in a few weeks time so we'll know for sure.

Anyone get a funny burning sensation in their nose, and then it seems that the sense of smell is slowly returning?

amother
Bronze

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 4:33 pm
Nope. Me and dh very different symptoms. Kids had anything from no symptoms to one day fever.

amother
Plum

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 4:49 pm
My husband had fever and achiness. I had a cough and exhaustion, kid had stomach bug type symptoms (plus cough)

amother
Red

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 4:50 pm
No. My husband had no symptoms other than loss of smell and taste and my parents (we all had it the same time) had higher fevers and a more prolonged course. I’m the only one who had GI symptoms

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 4:58 pm
Many families did not get it together
I know a few spouses that had it months apart
2 of my kids living at home had symptoms back in April. They test positive for antibodies. Rest of family never had it.
Some families have been quarantine for months as each sibling gets it after 2 weeks of another one.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 9:53 pm
Notshanarishona- I just read this thread and then I started the other one about the moderna vaccine.

So too got the vaccine (or placebo) and now you have COVID?
That’s so frustrating!!

I hope you and OP are doing well

amother
Cobalt

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 10:05 pm
amother [ Powderblue ] wrote:
Many families did not get it together
I know a few spouses that had it months apart
2 of my kids living at home had symptoms back in April. They test positive for antibodies. Rest of family never had it.
Some families have been quarantine for months as each sibling gets it after 2 weeks of another one.

This is so odd considering how contagious it is supposed to be.
But I believe it because my teenage son had it and we didn't isolate him for at least 2 or 3 days after the start of symptoms. He sat alongside me for half an hour in a closed car - and none of us got sick b"H. And neither I, nor the other child we tested have antibodies. My son confirmed he was positive with a second test, so it wasn't a false positive.
The same happened with another family I know.

Looks like some people are just better at passing on the virus than others.

losingweight

Post Wed, Nov 25 2020, 1:31 am
We all had it with different symptoms. Some with no symptoms at all. Most of us had it at once.

amother
Mint

Post Wed, Nov 25 2020, 1:35 am
Only I got sick

amother
Bisque

Post Wed, Nov 25 2020, 2:41 am
IMO, the symptoms are likely the result of a stomach virus, not COVID, and they could also have COVID asymptomatically at the same time.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics