Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Shabbos coat?
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 8:13 pm
What's in style? The last one I bought was over 19 years ago when I was in high school. I don't go out much (no eruv, little kids) but I have a few simchas coming up and want to treat myself to a nice coat.

Links would be super appreciated... especially if they're reasonably priced.

Is fur normal? If yes, Aliexpress links?

I live in Brooklyn if that matters.

amother
Green

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 8:35 pm
Following

amother
Puce

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 8:37 pm
Zara - “textured oversized coat”. Can’t seem to post the link. This is what’s very in now. Coats with fur inside is nice the big fur mink coats are outdated. Oversized midi- long button down or wrap around coats are in.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 8:42 pm
amother [ Puce ] wrote:
Zara - “textured oversized coat”. Can’t seem to post the link. This is what’s very in now. Coats with fur inside is nice the big fur mink coats are outdated. Oversized midi- long button down or wrap around coats are in.

Thank you!

Looked at the zara coat. I'm not super thin and this style would make me feel huge, and I would feel like I'm wearing a costume.

Looking for something classic and classy; not super trendy but not dated either.

amother
Puce

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 8:50 pm
So if ur near 13th ave there’s so many stores that sell gorgeous wool and fur coats- black. Check out Taubers, Etcetra gift boutique u cld also check coat arcade. All on 13th

amother
Puce

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 8:53 pm
It’s also more accepted as the norm to wear short coats on shabbos in boro park now- so comfortable u cld get one and wear for both shabbos and weekday. Classic is velour/ fur and wool all in black never goes out of style

PeanutMama

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 8:54 pm
amother [ Puce ] wrote:
So if ur near 13th ave there’s so many stores that sell gorgeous wool and fur coats- black. Check out Taubers, Etcetra gift boutique u cld also check coat arcade. All on 13th

How much are the coats?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 9:01 pm
amother [ Puce ] wrote:

Thank you! What's the price range in these stores?

amother
Puce

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 9:03 pm
They range anywhere between 200-600 I assume. And the more fur there is the more $$ etc.
here’s another style that’s nice
https://www.nordstrom.com/s/ka.....black
It’s similar to my favorite -mackage- their wool coats are 750 and up. I wish.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 9:04 pm
amother [ Puce ] wrote:
It’s also more accepted as the norm to wear short coats on shabbos in boro park now- so comfortable u cld get one and wear for both shabbos and weekday. Classic is velour/ fur and wool all in black never goes out of style

Thank you! I'm trying to picture a velour and wool coat, but can't quite imagine it. I specifically don't want something that works for weekday too--I want something a little extra-looking, something with a little "wow".

amother
Puce

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 9:08 pm
I meant velour or fur lol sorry not both combined. Yeah so it’s wrap around Belted or button down in men’s cut, and midi fur. Or short fur, velour Etc. 13th ave has all.

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 9:10 pm
The local stores are a couple hundred to a thousand for shabbos coats, unless you get them at a major discount, which rarely happens.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 9:35 pm
I found some options on Macy's...please clue me in if these are good (fore reference, I'm in my early 30s, Flatbush, yeshivishe, and I dress sharp and classy, not so trendy):

https://www.macys.com/shop/pro.....14313

https://www.macys.com/shop/pro.....14225

https://www.macys.com/shop/pro.....96021

https://www.macys.com/shop/pro.....16539

PeanutMama

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 10:08 pm
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
The local stores are a couple hundred to a thousand for shabbos coats, unless you get them at a major discount, which rarely happens.

Oh my that’s PRICEY!!
how do people afford it? Genuine question!

I think I’m just better off to just keep shopping at non bp stores for a coat.... bc this is way too pricey and insane lol

I’m gunna faint.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 10:29 pm
Hashem_n_Farfel wrote:
Oh my that’s PRICEY!!

I think I’m just better off to just keep shopping at non bp stores for a coat.... bc this is way too pricey and insane lol

I’m gunna faint.

I rarely shop locally. I mostly purchase shells and tights at the Jewish shops. Also robes and wigs.

I enjoy finding pieces that suit my own style, rather than buying what's in frum style. And I get to spend less and have the ability to return items if I need to.

imaima

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 10:57 pm
I think you should try googling jacquard coats. They usually look great, but they may not be "in" in your particular area.

Also, look at Ted Baker stuff.

amother
Slateblue

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 11:18 pm
Not to hijack OPs thread but are any of these coats appropriate for a 20 year old? Or anyone have links to one?

mochamix18

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 11:37 pm
Hashem_n_Farfel wrote:
Oh my that’s PRICEY!!

I’m gunna faint.

During my single years in Brooklyn I always bought shabbos coats at places like Burlington, Century 21 and whole sale places like you find in Jersey Gardens.

thanks

Post Wed, Nov 25 2020, 2:15 am
You can add a fur collar or trim to a wool coat to dress it up. I did that on a simple cream colored wool jacket. Looks really nice.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Wed, Nov 25 2020, 3:35 am
I think the Macy’s coats look nice but I’m like you op, didn’t buy a shabbos coat in around 18 years!
Probably would look very flattering if it fits you well, you are wearing nice shoes and your shaitel looks good too.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics