Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
9th of the 9th of the 9th
1  2  Next

Geulanow

Post Wed, Nov 25 2020, 1:00 am
Does anyone know what some people base on that the ninth hour of the ninth day of the ninth month is an auspicious, merciful time? (9th of Kislev , today).

Elfrida

Post Wed, Nov 25 2020, 1:28 am
It seems to have come up suddenly. I've never heard if it before, but this year I've heard it from a variety of sources. (Probably other people will come on saying they always knew about it.)

In an interveiw on the radio last night, they were saying it came from a thousand year old kabbalah Sefer, written at the dictate of Eliyahu HaNavi. If that's true, it sounds like a reliable source, but I wasn't paying full attention, and didn't catch the name of the sefer.

amother
Cerulean

Post Wed, Nov 25 2020, 2:09 am
What time is considered the ninth hour?

Elfrida

Post Wed, Nov 25 2020, 2:25 am
In Israel, according to this same radio interveiw it will be approximately 13:40 - 14:00.

Chickensoupprof

Post Wed, Nov 25 2020, 3:41 am
9th as in evening or morning? If it is the morning I just missed it GMT/UTC +1

Elfrida

Post Wed, Nov 25 2020, 3:43 am
The ninth hour of the day, sha'ot zmaniot. In Israel it is early afternoon.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Nov 25 2020, 7:37 am
I hope it's auspicious. I'm getting an MRI today.

Think good thoughts for me!

jflower

Post Wed, Nov 25 2020, 7:50 am
FranticFrummie wrote:

Hatlocha! Hope results are good; will certainly be thinking good thoughts for you. Hugs.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Wed, Nov 25 2020, 8:10 am
*Nine minute time slot for Brooklyn, New York is: 1:45 pm to 1:54 pm* and for the tri star area.

*Rabbi Avitans clip & Summary*, please feel free to share

*B'shem Kol Yisrael - בשם כל ישראל*

*Tips to better prepare for the nine auspicious minutes on the 9th of Kislev (Wednesday, November 9, 2020)*

In addition to the video translated this morning, here are a few tips that will help you make the best of the short nine minutes that many great Rabbis and Mekubalim have said are auspicious for yeshuot and an abundance of blessings.

*Rav Avitan confirms that for those living outside Israel, the nine minutes must be calculated according to your city and not according to Israel time*. To calculate the nine minutes in your city, please see the .pdf file sent out this morning (Steps to calculating the 9 minute time frame in your city). We apologize, but although we wish we could, we cannot calculate the time slots for every city.

*1.*    Before asking for your prayers to be answered, it is wise to do a good deed with your fellow Jew and share this information so others too can benefit from this auspicious Eit Ratson.
*2.*    ‪Tuesday night and Wednesday is the Hilula of *Rabbi Dov Ber* from Lubavitch, son of the holy Ba’al Hatanya. It is important to light a candle in his honor. Rav Avitan shares a portion of his teaching and suggests it be read close to the time of the nine minutes on Wednesday.‬
‎ כותב רבי דובער:
"בעשות אדם את הטוב, גם במחשבה ודיבור, נברא מזה מלאך טוב להגין ולהמליץ טוב.כי ניתן ביד האדם לעשות זה השינוי בעולם למעלה. כי אם האדם בוחר במעשה חיים וטוב,אז מעורר למעלה המשכת שפע חיים וטוב ברוחניות ובגשמיות. במוח ולב מאירים בתפילה, ובפרנסתו שיצליח ויסיר ממנו כל מקטרג רע. ובזה ניתנה הבחירה דווקא בידי בשר ודם, שהוא מעורר על ידי בחירתו, שיאיר אור צח ובהיר בחסדים הטובים

Rabbi Dov Ber says:
When man does a good deed, be it through thought or speech,
*a good angel who becomes a defendant angel, is created*. Man is given the power, through his actions, to create change in Shamayim. If he choses to do good in life, then he is blessed with and abundance of blessings and success in both spiritual and material aspects. It is through man’s free will that he can bring good upon himself by doing good.

*3.*    Due to our bad deeds/sins, our Yeshuot may, G-d forbid, be delayed and our prayers are sometimes not answered. It is therefore important to precede the nine minutes with Rabbi Nachman of Breslev’s Tikkun HaKlali. Rav Avitan suggests you start saying it ‪around 1:15pm‬ and to mention that you are saying the
*Tikkun Haklali as a correction for all your past sins that way your prayers will be readily accepted*.
(The tikkun is composed of the following chapters in Tehilim: 16, 32, 41, 42, 59, 77, 90, 105, 137 and 150 טז לב מא מב נט עז צ קה קלז קנ)

*4.*   After saying the Tikkun, one should say chapter 119 according to the *letters of his/her name* ben/bat בן/ בת his/her mother or father’s name (depending on your tradition), followed by the verses corresponding to the letters of the word *מזל*.

*!!!IMPORTANT!!!* These segulot must be said before the auspicious nine minutes. Leave yourself enough time before they start so you can have the time to pray for all your needs.
Rav Avitan Suggests
A. read the Tikkun HaKlali,
B. read the teachings of Rabbi Dov Ber
C. say Tehillim 119 according to your name.

*5.*      It is a good idea to have a paper ready with all the things you want to pray for so as not to forget anything. Pray for health, a good livelihood, zivoug, shalom bayit, happiness, success, closeness to the Creator, faith, etc. Take the time to ask Hashem, in your own language for all your heart’s desires. Pray for yourself, your family, am Israel… These nine minutes go by very fast.

*May Hashem listen to and answer all your prayers speedily and for the best B’H!*

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Nov 25 2020, 8:24 am
There may be different opinions of sha'os zemanios and it definitely varies by location.
And don't forget the incredible power of our regular shacharis and brachos!

amother
Denim

Post Wed, Nov 25 2020, 8:30 am
By licht bentching it’s an auspicious time.
Rebbetzin Koledetsky said that her father Rav Chaim Kanievsky said to tell women to try to light ten minutes early. that if a woman lights candles ten minutes early (which is 28 minutes before sunset) then all her tefilos go straight up to heaven and get answered at that time (without any blockages).

cbsp

Post Wed, Nov 25 2020, 8:53 am
amother [ Denim ] wrote:
By licht bentching it’s a suspicious time.
Rebbetzin Koledetsky said that her father Rav Chaim Kanievsky said to tell women to try to light ten minutes early. that if a woman lights candles ten minutes early (which is 28 minutes before sunset) then all her tefilos go straight up to heaven and get answered at that time (without any blockages).

An auspicious? What

(sorry, it's just that suspicious has a completely different connotation)

amother
Denim

Post Wed, Nov 25 2020, 8:59 am
cbsp wrote:
An auspicious? What

(sorry, it's just that suspicious has a completely different connotation)

Thank you lol yes I meant auspicious!
Will edit that typo!
🕯 🕯
😊

Rappel

Post Wed, Nov 25 2020, 9:04 am
Elfrida wrote:
In Israel, according to this same radio interveiw it will be approximately 13:40 - 14:00.

Well, that's around when my migraine really kicked in. Auspicious is a two edged sword Punch

Rappel

Post Wed, Nov 25 2020, 9:06 am
FranticFrummie wrote:

Refuah sheleimah!

WitchKitty

Post Wed, Nov 25 2020, 11:01 am
Rappel wrote:
Refuah sheleimah!

And to you too...

I remember hearing about this in high school. It came out about mincha time so we said tehillim after mincha.

Rappel

Post Wed, Nov 25 2020, 11:45 am
WitchKitty wrote:
And to you too...

I remember hearing about this in high school. It came out about mincha time so we said tehillim after mincha.

Amen!

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Nov 25 2020, 12:52 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:

I took a bus for an hour into Jerusalem, waited around for an hour until my appointment (stupid bus schedule, I had to get there really early, or I'd be late.)

I went to check in, and they couldn't find my appointment in the computer! They had absolutely no record of me at all. On top of that, the MRI that I need is a special type, and they didn't have any appointments with those technicians until 3 months from now.

I'm hoping that this means that since my appointment disappeared, that means the lump disappeared too. A girl can hope, right?

momof2+?

Post Wed, Nov 25 2020, 12:58 pm
Oh my! That definitely feels very 'bashert'. I'm hoping with you! Feel good!

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Nov 25 2020, 1:48 pm
Geulanow wrote:
Does anyone know what some people base on that the ninth hour of the ninth day of the ninth month is an auspicious, merciful time? (9th of Kislev , today).

Unless someone posts a reliable source, it seems like one of the endless money-making segulos, which keep proliferating to induce desperate segulah seekers to donate to a cause.

(Tried and true auspicious times to daven include: Kallah under the chuppah, licht-bentching and mikvah - and they don’t require you to part from your cash. . .)
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics