Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Most helpful or best household hack

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 2:29 pm
What is your most used or most genius or most helpful hack/tip in regards to any houshold management?

ExtraCredit

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 2:32 pm
There are a few running threads on this now.
Check out the thread “Best Tips”
I forgot the name of the other one. Kitchen hacks maybe?

amother
Tangerine

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 2:41 pm
Full-time housekeeper.

(We can all dream, right?!)

zaq

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 4:17 pm
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
Full-time housekeeper.

That'll work!

amother
Cerulean

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 4:22 pm
Ok.

Tip: imamother ONLY after-hours.

liveandlove.ima

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 4:27 pm
ExtraCredit wrote:
There are a few running threads on this now.
Check out the thread “Best Tips”
I forgot the name of the other one. Kitchen hacks maybe?

This. seems. like. a serious. thread. you. have. successfully. turned. mine. into. a. humourous. one. lol.
Here is a thread you may be referring to but is a funny edition
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....98720

liveandlove.ima

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 4:27 pm
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
Ok.

Tip: imamother ONLY after-hours.

Best Tip Ever.
now find me a tip on how to follow through with it

amother
Mint

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 7:07 pm
After a while so-called hacks become part of my routine and I forget they weren't always the way I did things. The only "hack" I can therefore think of is using expired nyc metrocards to:
scrape gunk, burned or otherwise, off pots and pans;
scrape gunk, burned or otherwise, off the stovetop;
scoop up junk from the bottom of the sink and/or swoosh water in the sink towards the drain like a squeegee;
smooth the surface of small wall holes that have been filled with spackle;
mark my place in a book;
scrape wax off candlesticks or other surfaces;
as a palette for mixing very small quantities of epoxy or paints;
as a spatula to get the last bits of any sort of non-food cream, paste or jelly out of a container;
any other job requiring a small, stiff, very thin edge that will not cut or scratch.

You could use it for other things like leveling off a measuring spoon, or punch a hole in it and use it as a tag for your key ring, but why would you bother?

I will be in big trouble when metrocards are phased out.

amother
Teal

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 7:14 pm
amother [ Mint ] wrote:
After a while so-called hacks become part of my routine and I forget they weren't always the way I did things. The only "hack" I can therefore think of is using expired nyc metrocards to:
scrape gunk, burned or otherwise, off pots and pans;
scrape gunk, burned or otherwise, off the stovetop;
scoop up junk from the bottom of the sink and/or swoosh water in the sink towards the drain like a squeegee;
smooth the surface of small wall holes that have been filled with spackle;
mark my place in a book;
scrape wax off candlesticks or other surfaces;
as a palette for mixing very small quantities of epoxy or paints;
as a spatula to get the last bits of any sort of non-food cream, paste or jelly out of a container;
any other job requiring a small, stiff, very thin edge that will not cut or scratch.

You could use it for other things like leveling off a measuring spoon, or punch a hole in it and use it as a tag for your key ring, but why would you bother?

I will be in big trouble when metrocards are phased out.

Idk if this is still possible but you used to be able to bring expired metrocards to a ticket booth in the subway stations and get a new MetroCard with the money that was on it Smile. So if it is, only do this with empty cards.

amother
Mint

Post Wed, Nov 25 2020, 6:28 am
amother [ Teal ] wrote:
Idk if this is still possible but you used to be able to bring expired metrocards to a ticket booth in the subway stations and get a new MetroCard with the money that was on it Smile. So if it is, only do this with empty cards.

My metrocards are all an even number of rides so there's no money left over, but it needn't be a Metrocard. Any stiff plastic card will do: an expired membership card to the museum, an old credit card, the frequent shopper card to a store that closed.

amother
Natural

Post Wed, Nov 25 2020, 6:51 am
Use the generic credit cards you get in direct mail marketing promotions. you know the ones that are stamped Jane Doe and 0000 0000 0000 0000

amother
Mint

Post Wed, Nov 25 2020, 9:39 am
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
Use the generic credit cards you get in direct mail marketing promotions. you know the ones that are stamped Jane Doe and 0000 0000 0000 0000

I'm always thrilled to get these in the mail and live in fear of their being discontinued. If Metrocards are being phased out and plastic bags virtually banned, can other types of cards be far behind?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics