Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cookbooks
What cookbook would you buy?
Previous  1  2  3

What cookbook would you buy?
Peas love and carrots  
 13%  [ 20 ]
Between carpools  
 56%  [ 84 ]
Raizycooking lekovid shabbes  
 8%  [ 13 ]
Balabuste choice 3  
 18%  [ 28 ]
A new cookbook by Vera Newman  
 2%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 149

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 5:59 pm
Why don't you go on the bcp site and look through the recipes to get an idea of the style? Now that so many cookbooks are coming from bloggers and such it's a lot easier to know what to expect before you buy it. It's really individual and a matter of taste.

MangoSmoothie

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 6:27 pm
I just got Dinner Done the between carpools one and I love it! But I really don't like to cook and try to do everything as easy and quick as possible, so the cookbook is made for me.

mybusyima

Post Wed, Nov 25 2020, 12:38 pm
MangoSmoothie wrote:
I just got Dinner Done the between carpools one and I love it! But I really don't like to cook and try to do everything as easy and quick as possible, so the cookbook is made for me.

Haha, same here! I'm the laziest cook ever! Loving dinner done! The only thing that bothers me is that most of the cake recipes have so much sugar in it! Any cake that has two cups of sugar in it is sure to be gobbled up by the kids!! I made a few cake recipes and put in less sugar than called for, but I never know if the sugar is needed just for sweetening, or also for the texture?

Fave

Post Wed, Nov 25 2020, 2:19 pm
amother [ Emerald ] wrote:
Between Carpools is not the I never heard of these ingredients type of cookbook.
I have it they just came out with it this week. They are all super easy recipes with very typical ingredients you usually have in the house anyway
Love their recipes!! Ive never been so excited for a cookbook before!!

Does it include many recipes that they don’t have on their site?

real israeli

Post Wed, Nov 25 2020, 8:07 pm
Fave wrote:
Does it include many recipes that they don’t have on their site?

Yes.

I got it and am loving it. Made two different chicken recipes, two side dishes, two salads and one 9x13 chocolate chip bar recipe and so far every one of them came out delicious.
Disclaimer though - I have nothing against barbeque sauce, terriyaki sauce, onion soup mix and the likes... I want quick, easy, different and delicious. The Dinner Done provides that, using only ingredients that I heard of and know where to locate in the grocery.

Fave

Post Wed, Nov 25 2020, 8:12 pm
real israeli wrote:
Yes.

I got it and am loving it. Made two different chicken recipes, two side dishes, two salads and one 9x13 chocolate chip bar recipe and so far every one of them came out delicious.
Disclaimer though - I have nothing against barbeque sauce, terriyaki sauce, onion soup mix and the likes... I want quick, easy, different and delicious. The Dinner Done provides that, using only ingredients that I heard of and know where to locate in the grocery.

The 9x13 chocolate chip bar recipe is on their website for awhile already. I don’t know which chicken and salad recipes you are referring to, but my point is that I don’t want to spend $ on a book that I already tried most of its recipes because it was posted on the website previously.

cnc

Post Wed, Nov 25 2020, 9:32 pm
I LOVE millennial kosher .
I live Miriam pascals as well.

real israeli

Post Wed, Nov 25 2020, 9:49 pm
Fave wrote:
The 9x13 chocolate chip bar recipe is on their website for awhile already. I don’t know which chicken and salad recipes you are referring to, but my point is that I don’t want to spend $ on a book that I already tried most of its recipes because it was posted on the website previously.

You are right, it is. As is one of the chickens and sides I made. Both salads were new and so was the other chicken. I'd guess about 50% of the book is new recipes.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics