Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Where do you keep and put on makeup?

Where do you keep your makeup?
In the bathroom  
 35%  [ 71 ]
In your bedroom  
 41%  [ 82 ]
In a cosmetic bag  
 18%  [ 36 ]
I’m not so official about my makeup!  
 5%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 199

realsilver

Post Wed, Nov 25 2020, 11:45 pm
Where do you keep and put on makeup?

I’m a makeup junkie so I have quite a lot of stuff and keep it all displayed in my bathroom in a closet over the sink.
I usually do it at my bathroom mirror, but lately every time my toddler uses the bathroom and locks the door she uses the opportunity to play with, and/or trash my makeup Can't Believe It

I’ve literally had 50 dollar foundations poured out all over my counter!
So I’m thinking of switching to my dresser in my room. But dunno, would it get everything all dirty?
Or in a cosmetic bag? Just curious what y’all do.

mommyW

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 12:12 am
What about if I keep it in a cosmetic bag, that's in the bathroom in my bedroom? Which option of the poll do I choose?
Laugh

TravelHearter

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 12:16 am
I have a vanity table

realsilver

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 12:21 am
mommyW wrote:
What about if I keep it in a cosmetic bag, that's in the bathroom in my bedroom? Which option of the poll do I choose?
Laugh

Lol you got me there!

Ima Piano

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 12:25 am
I keep it in the bathroom in these organized sectioned plastic thingies in my vanity

animeme

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 12:41 am
Double

Last edited by animeme on Thu, Nov 26 2020, 5:09 am; edited 1 time in total

animeme

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 12:41 am
I keep mine in a bag and I use it wherever it's most convenient. OP, in your case, I'd keep it wherever I could lock it up. The dresser doesn't help with a toddler. Can you child lock your bathroom cabinet?

realsilver

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 12:43 am
animeme wrote:
I keep mine in the clear ziploc I put it in when I fly. I use it wherever it's most convenient. OP, in your case, I'd keep it wherever I could lock it up. The dresser doesn't help with a toddler. Can you child lock your bathroom cabinet?

I have a child lock everywhere else, but unfortunately this closet can’t be locked up.
Gonna have to change to a cosmetic bag and keep it in a bottom cabinet where it can be locked up!

silverlining3

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 12:49 am
Ya, I was stumped! I see bathroom, bedroom, cosmetic bag.. Well, I keep it in a traveling cosmetic bag in my dresser. You know that thin thin drawer?? Ya there! There's his and hers lolol

I put on makeup in my room. Besides dresser mirror, I have a mirror hanging behind my door. So if I needa see upclose I go there. Pretty convenient.

Ps I used to have tons of brands. Then once when I got super annoyed I threw out what I don't use, put what I use occasionally in an old cosmetic bag-in the back of drawer, and in a traveling bag what I normally use.

Edited some typo mistakes

Last edited by silverlining3 on Thu, Nov 26 2020, 1:09 am; edited 1 time in total

realsilver

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 12:51 am
silverlining3 wrote:
Ya, I was stumped! I see bathroom, bedroom, cosmetic bag.. Well, I keep it in a traveling cosmetic bag in my dresser. You know that thin thin drawer?? Ya there! There's his and hers lolol

I put on makeup in my room. Besides now dresses mirror, I have a mirror hanging behind my door. So if I needa see upclose I go there. Pretty convenient.

Ps I used to have tons of brands. Then once when I got super annoyed I threw out what I don't use, put what I use occasionally in an old cosmetic bag-in the back of drawer, and in a traveling bag what I normally use.

Thanks! This is what I want to start doing lol but I’m used do doing it in the bathroom I guess...

mom2mysouls

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 1:03 am
Mine is in the top drawer in the dresser..I have a cosmetic bag there (with stuff I use daily)
I go through it from time to time. Any extras is given away..
Mascara, eyeliners, and extras are in an upright organizer with compartments.

chanatron1000

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 1:42 am
It's better not to keep it in the bathroom because of the humidity and changing temperatures.

Crookshanks

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 9:14 am
Three plastic trays on the floor of my bedroom in front of a full length mirror.

MiriFr

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 9:24 am
I apply it in my car hehe
I keep an eyebrow pencil, mascara, and blush stick in the center console.
Everything else stays in a makeup trunk in my linen closet.

HH613

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 9:36 am
TravelHearter wrote:
I have a vanity table

Same. It’s so fun doing makeup there! But my toddler can and does reach it so she can’t be in my room unsupervised.

allthingsblue

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 9:58 am
I keep my makeup in an acrylic holder on a high shelf in my closet so my kids can't reach. I take out what I need and apply at a mirror/vanity.

realsilver

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 6:03 pm
MiriFr wrote:
I apply it in my car hehe
I keep an eyebrow pencil, mascara, and blush stick in the center console.
Everything else stays in a makeup trunk in my linen closet.

Lol I was going to put an option for the car.

mochamix18

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 6:10 pm
DH bought me one of those cute vanity tables for our 3rd wedding anniversary. It’s in my bedroom and I keep most of my makeup in the drawers and put on my makeup there. I think these vanities are considered more of a bat mitzvah girl gift but I’ve always wanted one and I love that he knew how much I would enjoy it.

ETA: yikes. Read through all the previous comments. I know sometime sooner than later a majority of the stuff on and in my vanity table is going to have to get locked away for child safety 😱

professor

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 6:20 pm
In a cosmetic bag that I take to anywhere with a mirror (bathroom, girls'room etc.)

MiracleMama

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 5:02 am
All of the above. I have so much makeup. I have some at a vanity table in my bedroom, some in my bathroom, a travel bag of makeup, plus at least a lip gloss in every purse.
Corona has cut down my makeup purchases somewhat (masks wreck lipstick and there hasn't been much of anywhere to go all made up) but I still have so much everywhere.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics