Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Food preferences

blueberry6

Post Wed, Nov 25 2020, 11:24 am
My baby recently just started turning her nose up at certain foods. She's almost 8 months and she's been a pretty good eater until now, but over the past couple of days she seems to have developed some sort of dislike to random foods like vegetables, etc.
I just tried feeding her some sweet potato and she gave me this death glare and spit it out. it's really weird because she liked the stuff not too long ago. Is she old enough to actually be developing food preferences? Or could there be some underlying reason? I mean this is ridiculous. Sweet potato?? Like seriously
And I'm just getting really frustrated, so any insight would be appreciated!! Thanks!!

amother
Purple

Post Wed, Nov 25 2020, 12:20 pm
My baby never liked sweet potato. There are lots of other veggies for her to enjoy

blueberry6

Post Wed, Nov 25 2020, 12:48 pm
That was just an example - she's doing it to lots of foods. And she liked it two days ago!

MiriFr

Post Wed, Nov 25 2020, 1:57 pm
My baby did the same thing, and he’s freakin allergic to everything 🤦🏼‍♀️ The nerve
Check out Kids Eat In Color. She has a free guide

blueberry6

Post Wed, Nov 25 2020, 2:12 pm
MiriFr wrote:
My baby did the same thing, and he’s freakin allergic to everything 🤦🏼‍♀️ The nerve
Check out Kids Eat In Color. She has a free guide

Huh. Interesting. I'll def keep it in mind for when she gets bigger, but the thing is that she's not a toddler yet, and her eating habits seem to have completely changed over the past 2-3 days. I'm going crazy and I just don't know what to do with her bec she isn't eating. Is it possible that she's just decided she doesn't like all these foods anymore? Could it be a teething thing? I mean I don't know what the logic behind that would be, but you never know

MiriFr

Post Wed, Nov 25 2020, 2:25 pm
blueberry6 wrote:
Huh. Interesting. I'll def keep it in mind for when she gets bigger, but the thing is that she's not a toddler yet, and her eating habits seem to have completely changed over the past 2-3 days. I'm going crazy and I just don't know what to do with her bec she isn't eating. Is it possible that she's just decided she doesn't like all these foods anymore? Could it be a teething thing? I mean I don't know what the logic behind that would be, but you never know

It’s probably teething. Stay calm because she can feel your anxiety. She’ll eat when she’s hungry.
Can you try mashing the sweet potato with egg and cinnamon and turn it into a pancake?

trixx

Post Wed, Nov 25 2020, 3:54 pm
Just keep offering foods, no pressure, and maybe expand her diet a little. Let her feed herself too (baby led weaning).

Kiwi13

Post Wed, Nov 25 2020, 9:29 pm

They can definitely have strong preferences at that age! Here's a video of my daughter a few days before turning 8 months.

She likes carrots now, but oh boy did she hate carrot puree as an infant! Which is funny, because it's one of the sweeter baby foods.

camp123

Post Wed, Nov 25 2020, 10:33 pm
Could be teething.

blueberry6

Post Mon, Nov 30 2020, 10:05 am
Hey, just want to say thanks everyone for your advice/reassurance. I think she may have been a little under the weather because she had been acting a little out of it for a few days... Baruch Hashem I think she's pretty much back to normal now, and eating better again.
But I am definitely filing all this away if it ever comes up again (I hope not!). Thanks!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics