Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Can you get into Israel from USA for Shidduch purposes
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 25 2020, 8:14 pm
Hi,
Trying to find out info if parents of someone learning in Israel can get in to help finalize a shidduch? Parents are in the USA
Thank you

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Nov 25 2020, 8:17 pm
Most probably not. Right now its only israeli citizens and parents of israrli citizens with special permission after a baby is born and possibly a few other situations. But its all either israeli citizens or parents of israeli citizens.

amother
Blonde

Post Wed, Nov 25 2020, 9:01 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Most probably not. Right now its only israeli citizens and parents of israrli citizens with special permission after a baby is born and possibly a few other situations. But its all either israeli citizens or parents of israeli citizens.

Really? If someone is learning at the Mir or in Gruss and living there with his wife and they haven't made aliyah, her mother can't come if she has a baby?

blessedflower

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 1:54 am
My brother for engaged two weeks ago and my parents didn't come.

blessedflower

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 1:55 am
For a wedding it's not a problem, for the rest it's like shabbatiscoming wrote

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 2:00 am
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:
Really? If someone is learning at the Mir or in Gruss and living there with his wife and they haven't made aliyah, her mother can't come if she has a baby?

You could appeal, but there are no guarantees.

amother
Magenta

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 2:38 am
I have heard of two people who were given permission to go to isreal now for the birth of a grandchild due dec- jan

DrMom

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 2:40 am
For shidduch purposes? I doubt it. That loophole would be too easily exploited/abused.

At least for a wedding there is registration, and for a baby there are medical records. But a shidduch is not verifiable.

essie14

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 3:02 am
I got engaged in Israel 5 years ago, without our parents. We met all the parents on video chat.

amother
Cerise

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 3:27 am
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
You could appeal, but there are no guarantees.

Do you know for sure that only an Israeli citizen can have their parents visit for a birth? Trying to call Chaim Vchesed, but the hold time is longer than usual, and their website is not clear about this one detail.

I'm due in Feb, Be"H, and I am here on a student visa.

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 4:46 am
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
Do you know for sure that only an Israeli citizen can have their parents visit for a birth? Trying to call Chaim Vchesed, but the hold time is longer than usual, and their website is not clear about this one detail.

I'm due in Feb, Be"H, and I am here on a student visa.

Beshaa tova. No, I don't know for sure. I guess you could argue that since the baby will be Israeli, so they are coming to visit an Israeli grandchild Smile

amother
Cerise

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 4:49 am
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
Beshaa tova. No, I don't know for sure. I guess you could argue that since the baby will be Israeli, so they are coming to visit an Israeli grandchild Smile

Ha, thanks. I just heard back from Chaim V'chesed; they said we can apply for them to come, so we shall see!

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 4:50 am
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:
if they arent citizen I believe that is correct. But maybe someone will say otherwise.

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 4:51 am
amother [ Magenta ] wrote:
I have heard of two people who were given permission to go to isreal now for the birth of a grandchild due dec- jan
yes, but for citizens.

shirachadasha

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 5:10 am
Have they ever considered aliyah? The right time could be now Wink

LovesHashem

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 5:14 am
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
Ha, thanks. I just heard back from Chaim V'chesed; they said we can apply for them to come, so we shall see!

Never hurts to try.

amother
Crimson

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 5:18 am
My inlaws have been to Israel twice for grandchildren birth since August. No one is israeli citizen.

essie14

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 5:54 am
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:
My inlaws have been to Israel twice for grandchildren birth since August. No one is israeli citizen.

The baby grandchildren are citizens.

amother
Wheat

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 5:59 am
essie14 wrote:
The baby grandchildren are citizens.

No. I know a lot of people who have had parents come when no one (not even the baby is a citizen). Maybe you need a special permit but it definitely doesn't seem like a particularly hard thing to get.

Call Chaim v'chessed.

The biggest obstacle is that you have to do bidud BY YOURSELF for 2 weeks which is very expensive (because you have to rent something) and makes the trip very long

Another mom

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 6:22 am
I read ages ago about parents from England coming in, meeting with the couple in the VIP lounge and returning home! Of course from the US it's so much further and expensive.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions