Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Is there like a professional who will train my child?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 25 2020, 9:29 pm
She’s 3.5 and totally not interested. She knows how to make in the toilet, has urinated and had bowel movements in the toilet at times. (although she is still scared to BM in the toilet on a regular basis) she knows what she has to do, feels when she needs to go, just refuses to actually go. This is a child with kidney problems so I’m scared to push her but she’s taking my attitude of not pushing her and running with it. I’ve tried prizes and charts and leaving her naked...help!

amother
Hotpink

Post Wed, Nov 25 2020, 9:46 pm
Following!! Same exact situation. I gave up Sad after two weeks of wearing underwear and begging him to let me know when he needs to go and dragging him to the toilet he’s back in pull ups today....

amother
Lime

Post Wed, Nov 25 2020, 9:49 pm
Is your child in school? How is she doing there?

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, Nov 25 2020, 9:49 pm
They all get there eventually. I know it's frustrating for now, but if you are sure that her kidney problem isn't causing her pain in any way, just let her be. She'll decide when she's ready.

ROFL

Post Wed, Nov 25 2020, 9:51 pm
There are folks who do professional toilet training. Where do you live ?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 25 2020, 9:54 pm
She wears diapers to school, her teacher is not really working with me on the training.... she’s the only one in her class still not trained and teacher doesn’t want to deal with it (I get her.) her kidney isn’t causing her pain now but I’m worried if I come on too strong and she’ll hold back, that can cause problems. I live in Lakewood.

#BestBubby

Post Wed, Nov 25 2020, 9:58 pm
Here you go: Professional Potty Trainer based in NYC.

https://www.nycpottytraining.com/

amother
Lime

Post Wed, Nov 25 2020, 9:59 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
She wears diapers to school, her teacher is not really working with me on the training.... she’s the only one in her class still not trained and teacher doesn’t want to deal with it (I get her.) her kidney isn’t causing her pain now but I’m worried if I come on too strong and she’ll hold back, that can cause problems. I live in Lakewood.

And the teacher doesn't mind changing her diaper? That'd good, most schools have a rule that the kids need to be fully trained. You're lucky.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 25 2020, 10:08 pm
The teacher very much minds. She doesn’t changed her wet and when she made dirty in school, she called me to change her.... really not a good situation. She’s only there from 9:30-2:00 and gets changed right when she comes home.

amother
Papaya

Post Wed, Nov 25 2020, 11:08 pm
Find out from the doctor exactly what might be dangerous/painful given her condition. In general kids don't like to intentionally cause themselves pain. So if holding will be that uncomfortable she won't hold.

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, Nov 25 2020, 11:36 pm
I had same with my dd. She was fully trained wet and gave me a very hard time dirty. She knew exactly what was supposed to happen. She was just stubborn/ afraid. Tried on and off for a yr. When she was 4 and I tried again it just clicked and went so smooth. Looking back at that hard year all I can say is she wasnt ready. It was definitely tough. Hang in there it will happen.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Wed, Nov 25 2020, 11:44 pm
I would take a break and try again soon. One of my sons toilet trained at almost four, he just wouldn't do. It before. Bh schools never gave me an issue. My kids trained at three mostly.

Makehumusnotwar

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 12:12 am
My son only became toilet trained just after his 4th birthday. According to the pediatrician this was entirely within the range of normal and was not at all concerned. Some kids are just on their own schedule.

amother
Ruby

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 7:17 am
In NJ a BCBA can help you with this as long as they have experience. Just be aware that no matter who you hire you will need to be very involved in the process or else she may go with that professional but not with you.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training