Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Struggling on Shabbos

Rivka10

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 2:06 am
(Sorry, I'm not sure which category to post this in). I've been ill for about a year, and in the last three-four months have gotten worse. I hardly have energy for much. I'm struggling with not worrying or fretting on Shabbos. Usually, I would read or say tehillim, but now I'm often too weak to be able to read (or even to hold up a book! BH for my very light siddur!). Does anyone have any advice? Thank you 😊

blessedflower

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 2:20 am
I would say find someone to keep you company, but that's a problem with corona. I'm sorry no advise. I'm sending you tons of hugs and a refua shleima Hug Hug Hug Hug

Rivka10

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 2:23 am
blessedflower wrote:
I would say find someone to keep you company, but that's a problem with corona. I'm sorry no advise. I'm sending you tons of hugs and a refua shleima Hug Hug Hug Hug

Unfortunately corona does make it harder. Thank you for your reply and blessings Hug

salt

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 2:26 am
Do you enjoy singing? Sing all the songs you know off by heart - out loud. Happy fast ones, slow spritual ones, whatever you enjoy.
רפואה שלמה

Rivka10

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 2:33 am
salt wrote:
Do you enjoy singing? Sing all the songs you know off by heart - out loud. Happy fast ones, slow spritual ones, whatever you enjoy.
רפואה שלמה

That's such a good idea! I really do like singing... maybe humming wouldn't be too much exertion. Thanks for the idea Hug

jflower

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 8:48 am
Wishing you a refuah shelaima. Hope you get through each Shabbos with ease and serenity. Hugs.

behappy2

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 8:52 am
Can you go into your mind and imagine stories. Gardens and princesses and good food? Make up stories and images. Imagine flying on a cloud, reading in a garden with a perfect breeze. Picture what you would be wearing. If you could harness the imagination you could entertain yourself with your mind.

Feel better fast!

ra_mom

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 8:56 am
Refuah Shelaima B'karov Mamesh!! Hug
May Shabbos bring you Refuah and strength.

Tzippy323

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 8:59 am
I hear you loud and clear because I have similar issues. Recently, my daughter got me a foam “stand” for my iPad. It has several positions and is very light. Imagine my surprise when one of the positions was perfect for leaning a book. The tilt is right, and all I have to do is turn pages. Refuah shelaima, and look forward to Shabbos. I know that being alone is hard, I cannot even begin to tell you how hard it’s been for me, but remember, you aren’t really alone. HaShem is in every room with you!

blessedflower

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 10:27 am
Waw you are all so strong. I'm very impressed with the positivity

liveandlove.ima

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 11:36 am
שבת היא מלזעוק - ורפואה קרובה לבוא

Sorry nothing else to offer you other than some more Hug Hug Hug

Rivka10

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 1:55 pm
behappy2 wrote:
Can you go into your mind and imagine stories. Gardens and princesses and good food? Make up stories and images. Imagine flying on a cloud, reading in a garden with a perfect breeze. Picture what you would be wearing. If you could harness the imagination you could entertain yourself with your mind.

Feel better fast!

I'm not the best at it, I get distracted so easily! It's a good idea nonetheless. Thank you!

Rivka10

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 1:59 pm
Tzippy323 wrote:
I hear you loud and clear because I have similar issues. Recently, my daughter got me a foam “stand” for my iPad. It has several positions and is very light. Imagine my surprise when one of the positions was perfect for leaning a book. The tilt is right, and all I have to do is turn pages. Refuah shelaima, and look forward to Shabbos. I know that being alone is hard, I cannot even begin to tell you how hard it’s been for me, but remember, you aren’t really alone. HaShem is in every room with you!

That's a brilliant idea! I'll have to find something like it—I can't believe I haven't thought of it. Thank you! Refuah shelaima Hug

ra_mom

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 2:48 pm
Tzippy323 wrote:

Like this?
https://www.amazon.com/Flippy-.....=8-10

Tzippy323

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 8:11 pm
Not exactly the same as mine, but very similar. I don’t see why it wouldn’t work.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics