Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Organizing and storing extra blankets

Crv

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 2:51 pm
Does anyone have ideas how( what size,type of container or bag etc) and where to store extra blankets? This includes throw blankets or other fuzzy blankets that are not in use at the time? Thank you

ra_mom

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 2:54 pm
Crv wrote:
Does anyone have ideas how( what size,type of container or bag etc) and where to store extra blankets? This includes throw blankets or other fuzzy blankets that are not in use at the time? Thank you

Throw blankets are kept on the side of the couch in a pretty basket bought just for this.

Baby fuzzy blankets on bottom of linen closet.

Extra blankets for guests are kept on the highest shelf in the closet- the one that's almost impossible to get too. Works well for this.

amother
Azure

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 3:01 pm
If you have box spring beds, you can store blankets folded flat between the two mattresses.

amother
Mauve

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 4:05 pm
We got those bins that go under beds and keep them under our guest bed with extra blankets. We also have foot stools with storage space (from amazing savings) for throw blankets

Crv

Post Wed, Dec 02 2020, 12:13 am
Thanks so much everyone for your helpful responses!!

Amarante

Post Wed, Dec 02 2020, 10:04 am
For blankets that are not used often, I have the large heavy duty plastic bags which you deflate with a vacuum cleaner.. These take up little room. If you have unlimited storage, then plastic bins are great. However, with the plastic bags you can fit a lot more into a limited area because they are compressed.

My throws for beds and couches are a decorative element so they are either folded or draped.

Crv

Post Wed, Dec 02 2020, 10:20 am
Thanks for that! Can you possibly post link for the large bags? If not, do you know which brand makes them and/or where you bought it? Thanks again

Amarante

Post Wed, Dec 02 2020, 10:36 am
Crv wrote:
Thanks for that! Can you possibly post link for the large bags? If not, do you know which brand makes them and/or where you bought it? Thanks again

These are the ones I got from amazon. They come in different sizes but I got the Jumbo size for my bedding.

They were easy to use and work remarkably well as they are still deflated. I had put extra down comforters which I haven't used in a long time.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....76039

SingALong

Post Wed, Dec 02 2020, 10:46 am
Like others mentioned above, I use the vacuum bags for extra blankets and pillows, and store on the top shelf of the linen closet.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics