Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
What do your kids do from after school until bedtime?
Previous  1  2

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, Nov 25 2020, 11:48 pm
Quote:
Mine get home at 4 and bedtime for the older ones is 10. Younger ones do go to sleep at 8. Homework doesn’t take more than an hour and there are still many more hours left.

Following. Same situation here. Kids are home at 4.
My kids have no homework. They play with friends basically everyday, but that's usually until 6. We eat supper. My son learns with DH for about 30 minutes. But still leaves us close to 3 hours of nothing to do. They end up on electronics way too much

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Nov 25 2020, 11:52 pm
Games. Lots and lots of them. Mix of ages/parents at different times. Board, card, independent, cooperative, competitive. Every type that exists.

Lots and lots of phone use. My 2 oldest girls have "pen pals" which seem to be really phone pals. And then there are their friends from school who also call every 2 minutes.

Sometimes they bake.

Younger ones color a lot. They make their own "projects". 7 yo likes me to print out coloring sheets and he hangs them up everywhere after completing them. He also enjoys making signs for every upcoming birthday, yom tov, brother coming home from yeshiva,

We have a moonbounce now that we'll inflate for kids to get out energy.

Most enjoy reading too. Like for hours. Meaning there is no bedtime.

They never, ever, ever fight. No way. Not in my house. I don't know that of which you speak.
(Honestly, it's gotten so bad after months of being cooped up that we're learning about shalom at our shabbos seudos.)

imaima

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 1:36 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My kids are bored and end up squabbling a lot. Up until recently they still went out afternoons but it’s too cold and dark now. They do have homework which takes up some time but they still have lots of time to be bored and pick fights.
What do your kids do?

Asking the same questions. My kids had activities almost every night, but now all they wanna do is play video games.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 1:40 am
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
Really? Mine doesn’t have enough time to be bored. We get home at 5ish or later. Homework, then a bit of play. Dinner at 6:30 then a mad scramble of shower and bedtime at 8pm.

My younger kids go to sleep at 7-8 pm. My older kids go to sleep at 9 pm. They are home from school before 5. That's a lot.
My problem is that they feel like if there is nothing else to do, then they just play video games.

imaima

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 1:41 am
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
Games. Lots and lots of them. Mix of ages/parents at different times. Board, card, independent, cooperative, competitive. Every type that exists.

Lots and lots of phone use. My 2 oldest girls have "pen pals" which seem to be really phone pals. And then there are their friends from school who also call every 2 minutes.

Sometimes they bake.

Younger ones color a lot. They make their own "projects". 7 yo likes me to print out coloring sheets and he hangs them up everywhere after completing them. He also enjoys making signs for every upcoming birthday, yom tov, brother coming home from yeshiva,

We have a moonbounce now that we'll inflate for kids to get out energy.

Most enjoy reading too. Like for hours. Meaning there is no bedtime.

They never, ever, ever fight. No way. Not in my house. I don't know that of which you speak.
(Honestly, it's gotten so bad after months of being cooped up that we're learning about shalom at our shabbos seudos.)

I am moving in with you!

Rappel

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 1:48 am
Mine are 4 and 2 and baby. DS comes home at 2 pm.

I teach them music and ABCs. We do colouring, baking, and dance parties. They entertain each other with free play otherwise.

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 1:51 pm
They can listen to naki radio for hours while playing with LEGO or coloring etc. they also like to read. My daughter likes to bake. Another. Daughter likes to play school or store or house. My kids are ages 11 and younger

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 4:08 pm
imaima wrote:
I am moving in with you!

For the shalom talks or the lack of bedtime? LOL

amother
Peach

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 6:07 pm
amother [ Pumpkin ] wrote:
Though I'm struggling with the same issue, on many days we put on the music on high volume and dance.

My SIL told me she does this and I cannot imagine turning my home into a Chasuna Hall. This is make your children wild afterwards?

silverlining3

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 6:19 pm
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
My SIL told me she does this and I cannot imagine turning my home into a Chasuna Hall. This is make your children wild afterwards?

It's definitely a type.
I do it too, my kids love it. No, it doesn't make them wild, they just give out energy.

professor

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 6:25 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My kids are bored and end up squabbling a lot. Up until recently they still went out afternoons but it’s too cold and dark now. They do have homework which takes up some time but they still have lots of time to be bored and pick fights.
What do your kids do?

I will read this thread cause I need ideas!

My kids :
1) buold with Lego and fight over it
2) color and fight over the crayons
3)watch a movie and fight over who is blocking whom
4)hear stories on mp3 and fight over who holds the speaker
5) play with the train tracks and fight over how it's built
6) go for a walk with me and fight over who gets to push the baby carriage

amother
Sapphire

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 8:13 pm
I have told my kids that if they’re fighting, they’re probably too bored and then they get a job:) such as cleaning up a few toys, helping with dinner cleanup etc.
so far it’s been working, but to be fair, there are plenty of games and toys in my home BH and they really should have a pretty easy time entertaining themselves.

gold21

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 8:32 pm
professor wrote:

My kids :

Haha
Accurate

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 9:15 pm
They hop from neighbor to neighbor looking for friends. Usually they get sent away but hey, it keeps them out of my hair.

allthingsblue

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 9:23 pm
professor wrote:

My kids :

👍🏻
Too true!

I sometimes take them on errands but lately I don't want them to fall asleep in the car so I don't do that.
Baking and then eating the baked goods
Coloring
Facetiming relatives
Long bath time

amother
Fuchsia

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 9:26 pm
its definitely helpful when they can play with friends but right now the school is asking no playdates since they want to be able to stay open...
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics