Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Do you celebrate thanksgiving
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 5:42 pm
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
Hamevin yavin-clearly you are new here.😉
Huh? I have no idea what you mean. Im a very long time poster :/

amother
Aubergine

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 6:31 pm
Hamevin yavin-clearly you are new here.😉
For those that dont speak hebrew, can you please explain what this means?

amother
Honeydew

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 6:34 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Huh? I have no idea what you mean. Im a very long time poster :/

I both know you are a longtime poster and you are one of my favorites. I am sorry that didn't come across.
I was trying to be cute and say "so what else is new".
What people on this site view as Halacha is astounding yet I am no longer even remotely surprised.

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 6:39 pm
I both know you are a longtime poster and you are one of my favorites. I am sorry that didn't come across.
I was trying to be cute and say "so what else is new".
What people on this site view as Halacha is astounding yet I am no longer even remotely surprised.
Ah, thanks honeydew amother. I was so confused. Glad its all good. And yes, I am also extremely surprised sometimes, at what I read here. Over the years that Ive been on this site, sometimes it gets more and more surprising. This one was one of those times.
And nothing to be sorry about, all good Smile

amother
Ginger

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 6:42 pm
We both grew up with it and it's a matter of shalom bayis to celebrate it and eat turkey. And then the turkey also goes into our Shabbos meals. Yes I know that people may not like the thought of using "leftovers" for Shabbos but bal tashchis, why let it go to waste, and besides it's a short Friday so why not? (I'm a BT for a long time already.)

amother
Honeydew

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 8:09 pm
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:

Those who understand will understand.

zaq

Post Fri, Nov 27 2020, 8:20 am
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:
We both grew up with it and it's a matter of shalom bayis to celebrate it and eat turkey. And then the turkey also goes into our Shabbos meals. Yes I know that people may not like the thought of using "leftovers" for Shabbos but bal tashchis, why let it go to waste, and besides it's a short Friday so why not? (I'm a BT for a long time already.)

It's not that you're eating Thursday's leftovers on Shabbat; it's that you made the turkey for Shabbat and taste-tested it on Thursday to make sure it was good.

amother
Lilac

Post Fri, Nov 27 2020, 8:35 am
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:

Y’know when people say “if you know, you know” ?
So that’s what it is, but the Hebrew version.

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Nov 27 2020, 10:23 am
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:

If it tastes better the next day or you have a great way to repurpose, no one would criticize for leftovers.

Considering that there is such debate over this, if you're going to say that it can enhance sholom bayis, especially with extended family, then for sure you'll get no flak from me.

princessleah

Post Fri, Nov 27 2020, 1:15 pm
There is a faction of Jews who DO believe that turkey is not kosher. Mostly descendants/adherents of the Tosfos Yom Tov. I had a roommate whose whole family does not eat kosher.
Page 6 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 Recent Topics