Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
How much should I ask for? RE; helping an elderly person

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 25 2020, 1:21 pm
There was an elderly man that had no family. I helped him out with something and I put time into it.

The man was niftar and now I am trying to get money that first I laid out for something he asked me to buy him which I will get but the lawyer asked how much I want per hour for doing the thing that the man asked for.
I asked the lawyer how much is normal but he wouldnt give me an answer.

Anyone know how much I should ask?

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, Nov 25 2020, 1:23 pm
Well depends what... Picking up a prescription from a pharmacy and taking to all his apps are 2 different things...

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 25 2020, 1:31 pm
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
Well depends what... Picking up a prescription from a pharmacy and taking to all his apps are 2 different things...

Taking him to doctor appointments and taking his computer in to be fixed a few times.

TwinsMommy

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 7:21 pm
If it was less than ten hours I'd call it a chessed--- he's niftar-- don't make the estate pay. But if it was a significant amount of time, say hours each week for a year, then perhaps 15 an hour or so? Less than you'd want from a JOB but enough to compensate you some?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics