Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Brightstone wedding hall in Passaic NJ
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 27 2020, 12:17 am
does anybody have info on this hall?

amother
Orange

Post Fri, Nov 27 2020, 12:22 am
What info would you like?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 27 2020, 12:28 am
Is it considered a high end hall? upgrade options? what about the service?

amother
Pink

Post Mon, Apr 24 2023, 11:39 am
Bumping this. Has anyone used them. Were you happy. More expensive than Lakewood, but DD really likes it.... Curious if they follow through on what they promise. Do they have someone who can run the wedding on time? Are there surprise extras?

coloredleaves

Post Mon, Apr 24 2023, 11:43 am
Used them! They have upgrades! Even their basic plan is on the nicer side. Very receptive. Follow through with everything. Great experience!

amother
Pink

Post Mon, Apr 24 2023, 11:45 am
coloredleaves wrote:
Used them! They have upgrades! Even their basic plan is on the nicer side. Very receptive. Follow through with everything. Great experience!

Thanks- What florist did you use?
Everything seems to be adding up so quickly...

amother
Gold

Post Mon, Apr 24 2023, 1:00 pm
I used Main Street Florist in Monsey. It was great- very reasonably priced, gorgeous flowers, and I also got my bouquet from them.

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Nov 02 2023, 12:00 am
What is the price range per person?

amother
Seagreen

Post Thu, Nov 02 2023, 12:04 am
I hear it's beautiful and the caterers Glatt Geshmak amazing. They're probably a little more above average and lakewood might be less but the food is much much better

amother
Lawngreen

Post Thu, Nov 02 2023, 12:07 am
amother OP wrote:
Is it considered a high end hall? upgrade options? what about the service?

Is it high end? Compared to a Lakewood basement hall? Yes. Compared to the Rocklwohh? No. The food was good and the hall was nice

ruby slippers

Post Thu, Nov 02 2023, 12:07 am
[quote="amother Seagreen"]I hear it's beautiful and the caterers Glatt Geshmak amazing. They're probably a little more above average and lakewood might be less but the food is much much better[/quote
This past August it was 90- $95 a person and then there's an extra fee for Twilight and also if you want it on a Sunday there's another fee for that. It is more expensive than using a Lakewood hall.
The food was delicious though.

hamster

Post Thu, Nov 02 2023, 12:22 am
Experienced & well-trained staff. Food is good, upgrades available. Pleasant to deal with.

amother
Orange

Post Thu, Nov 02 2023, 12:25 am
Food was amazing, my family still raves about it. Loved our experience there.

amother
Blushpink

Post Thu, Nov 02 2023, 2:14 am
amother Lawngreen wrote:
Is it high end? Compared to a Lakewood basement hall? Yes. Compared to the Rocklwohh? No. The food was good and the hall was nice

What’s a Lakewood basement hall?? Those aren’t wedding halls, those are for brissim and vorts. Lakewood has magnificent wedding halls for significantly less expensive than the brightstone

amother
Lawngreen

Post Thu, Nov 02 2023, 6:40 am
amother Blushpink wrote:
What’s a Lakewood basement hall?? Those aren’t wedding halls, those are for brissim and vorts. Lakewood has magnificent wedding halls for significantly less expensive than the brightstone

They’re in 2 totally different parts of NJ though.

amother
Blushpink

Post Thu, Nov 02 2023, 7:42 am
amother Lawngreen wrote:
They’re in 2 totally different parts of NJ though.

Correct. I was responding to the other poster.
To answer the op, My brother got married in the brightstone, it is really beautiful and high end
They are significantly more expensive than Lakewood halls including lake terrace

amother
Grape

Post Thu, Nov 02 2023, 8:04 am
We just had a siblings wedding there. It was very nice. I wouldn’t call it high end, I think it’s similar to a lot of nice halls in lakewood. I haven’t been to bais faiga in years so I don’t know if it’s been redone, but it would be nicer than that. It’s nicer than the atrium in Monsey

It’s also not huge, so the chuppah takes place in half of the reception hall and after everyone waits essentially in the lobby while they arrange the tables.

The parking lot is also very small, though I believe they offered valet parking if I remember correctly (I was there early so didn’t use it)

Compared to Lakewood prices it will definitely be higher

The food was very good

amother
Seagreen

Post Thu, Nov 02 2023, 8:22 am
I'd rather good food and the hall little less nice.

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Thu, Nov 02 2023, 8:31 am
It's nice but small. If you have a lot of people it will be crowded

amother
Dustypink

Post Thu, Nov 02 2023, 8:43 am
amother Lawngreen wrote:

For the record, there are only two Lakewood wedding halls in basements, and the second one just opened in august.

They are mostly in schools though.

What makes food "good"?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics