Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Can you usually tell what background a poster is?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

Ihatepotatoes

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 9:33 pm
ExtraCredit wrote:
Was gonna have you check if you’re even human but then I saw your avatar and relaxed! Laugh

My love for donuts is proportionate to my hatred of potatoes before Pesach. (And it shows)

ExtraCredit

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 9:37 pm
silverlining3 wrote:
I'm dumbfounded. By this thread and the thread linked-where the op was banned.
Some of you have that 6th sense which I clearly DON'T have.

When I post anonymous, I don't think so much that people shouldn't figure out my background (I think there's enough of all walks on here) but rather shouldn't figure out who I really am, aka, my sn, by my writing style. Though I'm not sure I'm successful. Ha

I think I write very simple and don't alter so much under anon, making it easy to be identified. Or I'm simply self conscious. Haha don't mind me

I agree with you. If I’m anonymous I don’t need you to think I’m LWMO. It’s good enough if you don’t know it’s me.

number

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 9:50 pm
Live+Love wrote:
One question though, why junees sizing out of all the threads LOL
LOL LOL Laugh

That cracked me up.

Extra credit the next step is to name your links. Like this.

crust

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 9:54 pm
silverlining3 wrote:
I'm dumbfounded. By this thread and the thread linked-where the op was banned.
Some of you have that 6th sense which I clearly DON'T have.

When I post anonymous, I don't think so much that people shouldn't figure out my background (I think there's enough of all walks on here) but rather shouldn't figure out who I really am, aka, my sn, by my writing style. Though I'm not sure I'm successful. Ha

I think I write very simple and don't alter so much under anon, making it easy to be identified. Or I'm simply self conscious. Haha don't mind me

I, for one, don't try to place anonymous posts to its owner.

I will take a deeper look into the post if something in the post is bothering me.

amother
Maroon

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 10:50 pm
Live+Love wrote:
Or before transitioning to a... women LOL

delete

silverlining3

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 11:05 pm
crust wrote:

I will take a deeper look into the post if something in the post is bothering me.

You're quick. And most of the time your intuition is right, isn't it? Definitely a skill 😜

crust

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 11:07 pm
silverlining3 wrote:
You're quick. And most of the time your intuition is right, isn't it? Definitely a skill 😜

Ty
My point was that you don't have to worry every time you post anonymously that you have a whole charade of imas zooming into your post and analyzing it.

top mom

Post Fri, Nov 27 2020, 1:35 am
Live+Love wrote:
what a relief. I was afraid I was uninvited. or disinvited. or both Hee hee

Sorry for interrupting this extremely serious conversation, but when did this adorable emoji appear?
I'm liking it!
Hee hee Hee hee

ExtraCredit

Post Fri, Nov 27 2020, 1:37 am
top mom wrote:
Sorry for interrupting this extremely serious conversation, but when did this adorable emoji appear?
I'm liking it!
Hee hee Hee hee

I see a couple of new ones. Hee hee Covid-19

Last edited by ExtraCredit on Fri, Nov 27 2020, 1:40 am; edited 2 times in total

giselle

Post Fri, Nov 27 2020, 1:38 am
crust wrote:

🤔

crust

Post Fri, Nov 27 2020, 1:48 am
giselle wrote:
🤔

Taking a better look into this post. Something is off. Where are the other 3 fingers?
Troll.

amother
Burgundy

Post Fri, Nov 27 2020, 2:11 am
Live+Love wrote:
Or before transitioning to a... women LOL

Chalila! A chassidishe girl becomes a lady.

You can't always tell a poster's background, but sometimes it's obvious. T for ת is likely MO, misusing "by" or being "in the mood of" is Brooklyn/Lakewood, Yiddish syntax is Chassidish, and a BT may out herself by transliterating Hebrew in a way that shows she's heard a word but never read it.

But so what? It's rude to try to get at someone's identity, unless you think she's using a fake persona to harm someone else.

liveandlove.ima

Post Fri, Nov 27 2020, 2:19 am
amother [ Maroon ] wrote:
Or "catched"
Spied in one of your posts Tongue Out

Oy I feel so exposed now 🙈🙈 how can I ever move past this do I suspend account and start over? this thing is giving me anxiety Can't Believe It

liveandlove.ima

Post Fri, Nov 27 2020, 2:20 am
amother [ Burgundy ] wrote:

You can't always tell a poster's background, but sometimes it's obvious. T for ת is likely MO, misusing "by" or being "in the mood of" is Brooklyn/Lakewood, Yiddish syntax is Chassidish, and a BT may out herself by transliterating Hebrew in a way that shows she's heard a word but never read it.

But so what? It's rude to try to get at someone's identity, unless you think she's using a fake persona to harm someone else.

or a wither woman LOL

giselle

Post Fri, Nov 27 2020, 4:39 am

A lady driver?

zaq

Post Fri, Nov 27 2020, 9:02 am
crust wrote:
Ty
My point was that you don't have to worry every time you post anonymously that you have a whole charade of imas zooming into your post and analyzing it.

A charade of imas? Is that, in parallel to "a pride of lions," "a cackle of hyenas" or "a glaring of cats", implying that imas as a group are a bunch of phonies?

amother
Maroon

Post Fri, Nov 27 2020, 9:03 am
Live+Love wrote:
Oy I feel so exposed now 🙈🙈 how can I ever move past this do I suspend account and start over? this thing is giving me anxiety Can't Believe It

I'll delete my post - that wasnt' nice. I just couldn't resist!

crust

Post Fri, Nov 27 2020, 9:05 am
zaq wrote:
A charade of imas? Is that, in parallel to "a pride of lions," "a cackle of hyenas" or "a glaring of cats", implying that imas as a group are a bunch of phonies?

I wanted to leave something up to the imagination.

amother
Slateblue

Post Fri, Nov 27 2020, 9:26 am

You can't always tell a poster's background, but sometimes it's obvious. T for ת is likely MO

Or they can be Sephardic at any point on the spectrum. I'm a good example of this. I grew up in a very yeshivish family. I went to a chasidish seminary. Until I married a sephardi, I was often mistaken as chasidish. Now, I'm married to a well-known Sephardic Rabbi in the US. When you meet me it is pretty clear that I am Sephardic (the mitpahat and the bangles kind of give it away), but I am still not MO.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 27 2020, 9:27 am
Live+Love wrote:
or a wither woman LOL

What's that?
Page 6 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics