Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Corona in young people can be bad
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
Maroon

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 11:48 pm
amother [ White ] wrote:
OP, were you at a wedding or similar?

I'm not OP but people are getting it without going to superspreader events.
This is sounding like the mentality of people who won't treat us in hospitals. I don't think you're going there, are you?

amother
Ruby

Post Fri, Nov 27 2020, 12:23 am
Dh is young and had it really really bad. No pre existing conditions, healthy and he was in the hospital for 2 weeks on an oxygen mask. It's no joke, it's dangerous, no one knows who's going to have a mild case and who is going to have it bad.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 27 2020, 3:51 am
ra_mom wrote:
OP are you able to go on a nebulizer? My family member had a similar case to yours (similar age range) and got much better once she was given this Albuterol treatment. Refuah Shelaima!!

We are all alternating albuterol and pulmicort in a nebulizer.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 27 2020, 3:52 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
I’m not smug, because I know young people who got it really bad. But I’m not going to worry about it either. When I get it I’ll find out. Chances are it’ll be mild. And if it’s not, then I’ll suffer. But I’m not going to lockdown over the chance I might suffer in the future.

I am also not pro lock down. I think people need to be smart and cautious though. Enough with traveling and big wedding or gatherings. If you have a cold stay home and get tested, don’t go out if you have any safek if you are sick, etc.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 27 2020, 3:55 am
amother [ White ] wrote:
OP, were you at a wedding or similar?

No, I teach in a school as does my husband. Their is currently a community outbreak where I am so it’s everywhere. I haven’t traveled in over a year. I don’t live in the tri state area.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 27 2020, 3:56 am
amother [ Puce ] wrote:
I too am curious to hear what neighborhood you live in. Any idea where you might have been exposed? Have you ever been exposed in the past 6 months? Ever tested for antibodies? Refuah shelaima

I had antibodies 2 months ago last time I tested.

mommy3b2c

Post Fri, Nov 27 2020, 6:24 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I am also not pro lock down. I think people need to be smart and cautious though. Enough with traveling and big wedding or gatherings. If you have a cold stay home and get tested, don’t go out if you have any safek if you are sick, etc.

Agree with all of the above. My son has a cold and we tested him for Covid and strep, both negative. Even so, I kept him home this week. I don’t attend weddings and I think people making large weddings are idiotic.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Fri, Nov 27 2020, 7:21 am
I don't agree with testing for covid in every person that presents with a cold. The winter is coming. Everyone is going to have a cold. All the viruses that existed before covid are still here. I do agree with taking precautions when you are sick, though.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 27 2020, 7:32 am
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
I don't agree with testing for covid in every person that presents with a cold. The winter is coming. Everyone is going to have a cold. All the viruses that existed before covid are still here. I do agree with taking precautions when you are sick, though.

My son’s first symptom was a cold. The breathing difficulties came a whole week later.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Fri, Nov 27 2020, 7:36 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My son’s first symptom was a cold. The breathing difficulties came a whole week later.

That's fine. However most people with a cold just have a cold.

princessleah

Post Fri, Nov 27 2020, 9:00 am
It's not "just like the flu." When is the last time you remember 250,000 Americans dying of the flu in the span of 7 months?

Also, there is life outside NY. While most of the people are arguing to "get life back to normal," there are outbreaks in a lot of the US. And don't be surprised when 2 weeks after Thanksgiving the numbers in NY shoot back up too.
Unless you live in KJ, you live among non-frum Jews and non-Jewish people as well, and your actions still affect society at large.

amother
Crimson

Post Fri, Nov 27 2020, 9:28 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
Corona is not a deathly disease. It just isn’t.

Mommy3b2c, Please list your medical credentials or public health expertise. In each Corona thread you give your unprofessional opinion and you play down the health risks of Corona and discourage people from taking common sense precautions to avoid the virus. Stop, just stop!

Everyone else please get you medical statistics and medical advice from health care professionals.

amother
Copper

Post Fri, Nov 27 2020, 9:34 am
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:
Mommy3b2c, Please list your medical credentials or public health expertise. In each Corona thread you give your unprofessional opinion and you play down the health risks of Corona and discourage people from taking common sense precautions to avoid the virus. Stop, just stop!

Everyone else please get you medical statistics and medical advice from health care professionals.

Yes she does!!!!
She has a difficult time with quarantine and wearing masks and doesn't want to, so she minimizes the risk to rationalize her behavior.

amother
Gold

Post Fri, Nov 27 2020, 9:40 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I had antibodies 2 months ago last time I tested.

But you weren't actually previously sick with covid, right? I mean, if you are who I think you are...

mommy3b2c

Post Fri, Nov 27 2020, 9:51 am
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:

Don’t be ridiculous. I never discourage anyone from taking common sense precautions. I say:
Wear a mask
Social distance
Don’t go to large events
Stay home if your sick

After that, mind your own business and stop spreading hysteria.

mommy3b2c

Post Fri, Nov 27 2020, 9:52 am
amother [ Copper ] wrote:
Yes she does!!!!
She has a difficult time with quarantine and wearing masks and doesn't want to, so she minimizes the risk to rationalize her behavior.

Please list your mental health credentials. 😂

gold21

Post Fri, Nov 27 2020, 10:00 am
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
But you weren't actually previously sick with covid, right? I mean, if you are who I think you are...

It's definitely not typical to get corona a second time within a year.

Like the vaccine, which has a 95 percent success rate (5 percent, despite being injected with antibodies, will go on to catch corona), I'd wager that about the same percentage applies to those who have had the virus already this year.

So you're in the 5 percent I guess. Or your previous antibody screen was inaccurate.

amother
Copper

Post Fri, Nov 27 2020, 10:00 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
Don’t be ridiculous. I never discourage anyone from taking common sense precautions. I say:
Wear a mask
Social distance
Don’t go to large events
Stay home if your sick

After that, mind your own business and stop spreading hysteria.

Actually, we have engaged in many an argument. It is hard for you, so you are willing to take the risk. You don't want to be a social leper, so you advocate others joining your in irresponsible behavior.
The problem with your saying, as you said above, that you think if you get it it will be mild and if not you will deal so you are OK with it, is that YOU SPREAD IT TO OTHERS, who may be at risk and not have it mild. Not all of us are as lucky as you.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 27 2020, 10:30 am
amother [ Gold ] wrote:

Correct.

amother
Lavender

Post Fri, Nov 27 2020, 10:59 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
I had the flu as a child and I was vomiting non stop for 7 days. I had chills and high fever and was to weak to lift my head. My mom was holding oranges to my lips so I can suck out the juice and not starve. I once had the flu as an adult and I was sick, but not nearly as bad.
All of my grandparents got corona and none of them Knew they had it. Two of them have prostate cancer.
My husbands grandmother currently has pancreatic cancer as well as many other health issues. She is very overweight and over 80 years old. Basically name any risk factor, she has it. She had corona. We only know about it, because she had antibodies. More children die of the flu then of corona.

Basically, corona is exactly like the flu. Some people die from it, some people don’t even know they have it.

I’m sorry that you are one of the people who is suffering terribly.

There is one important distinction between COVID-19 and the flu that people are neglecting to mention. The flu has a vaccine that is widely available. COVID-19 does not. Millions of people take the flu vaccine every year, which greatly reduces the numbers of people who get sick, as well as the workload of hospitals. Right now, we cannot treat COVID-19 like the flu because it is incredibly contagious and there is no other way to prevent it other than taking proper precautions. There is no way of knowing how sick others will get if you spread it to them. Just because in your experience it has been as bad as the flu, doesn't mean others will have the same experience. You mentioned upthread that your husband is a medical worker. I know from previous threads he is in Hatzalah and I sincerely hope you are not getting your attitude from him, as that would be very unsettling.
Page 3 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics