Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Gemachim/ help for making a wedding

amother
OP

Post Sat, Nov 28 2020, 7:31 pm
Hi
I'm looking to find out if anyone knows criteria for being able to get help from Tiferes Devorah l Killah?
Or are there gemachim that people know of?
Ty

Chayalle

Post Sat, Nov 28 2020, 8:03 pm
Why not call them and ask them? I've heard that there are different levels of criteria there, and it goes by need. For example, many Kallahs qualify to get what they need at cost price from them. Some get it more subsidized. And the most needy would likely get alot of free items.

Probably a Rav would be involved to vouch for a Kallah who really needs it.

amother
Blue

Post Sat, Nov 28 2020, 8:52 pm
Tiferes Deborah l’kallah has many levels
Free
Subsidized
Cost price
Financed

Your best option is to call them.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 7:00 pm
Thanks!

Is it something thats embarrassing to call? Will we need to supply our tax returns or bills ? I'm looking for as much info about the process to see if my husband would be comfortable . If anyone has applied and can share about the process, I would be grateful!

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 7:15 pm
https://www.tdlonline.org/contact
Call them and ask them without giving you name.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 7:49 pm
Ty

amother
Mauve

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 10:13 pm
Not OP, but do you need to live in a specific place (in-town) to get help from them? Can the financial help be anywhere? Or only specific halls, etc? I just don't know how we will pay for weddings in general. My kids aren't in shidduchim yet. We live OOT.

Crookshanks

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 10:19 pm
TDL is only for Lakewood Kallahs. There are takanah halls in Lakewood that have packages for anyone. Bais Faiga in particular makes many takanah weddings.

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 10:22 pm
what size is your daughter?
My friend told me she has fancy clothing to give away to a kallah.

Chayalle

Post Mon, Nov 30 2020, 10:54 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks!

Is it something thats embarrassing to call? Will we need to supply our tax returns or bills ? I'm looking for as much info about the process to see if my husband would be comfortable . If anyone has applied and can share about the process, I would be grateful!

I happen to know some of the people involved in TDL. It's not embarrassing. In fact, one of the reasons they are so successful is, they get their merchandise much cheaper due to the volume they order. So every Kallah getting her stuff from TDL is helping with that leverage power. Many Kallahs pay cost price, and they have donors for those who don't, so it's not embarrassing to call them.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries