Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Please Help me regain SMELL and TASTE
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

ra_mom

Post Fri, Nov 27 2020, 12:04 am
Keep training with the jars containing a few drops of the 4 essential oils. BE"H you will get better.

bnm

Post Fri, Nov 27 2020, 12:15 am
Does your nose tingle? My nose had an almost painful tingle for many weeks after I had covid. One dr had a theory that it was the nerves.

amother
Magenta

Post Fri, Nov 27 2020, 12:21 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Wow!!!! Please!!!! Is there any way you can ask your friend for the recipe? Please!!! I'm desperate!!!

I made a few calls. Here you go:
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp crushed cloves
1/4 tsp ground cardamom
Mix with 8 oz boiling hot water.
Sip slowly. Keep mixing. Drink while hot. Drink the whole thing. (The flavor was extremely strong but totally worth it.) Only meant to be taken once. Forever. Hatzlacha. Good Shabbos.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 27 2020, 12:24 am
amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:
I don't want to be discouraging, but I had COVID in March, lost my taste and smell completely. for over a month I could not taste the diff btw. orange juice and coffee. It has been about 8 months since and have not gotten my smell back completely- everything smells like a weird combination of spoiled eggs and burnt onions. My DH also lost his taste and smell in March and still hasn't gotten it back completely either. It's devastating.

Can't Believe It no please no!!!! Crying

mommymommy

Post Fri, Nov 27 2020, 12:26 am
amother [ Magenta ] wrote:
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp crushed cloves
1/4 tsp ground cardamom
Sip slowly. Keep mixing. Drink while hot. Drink the whole thing. (The flavor was extremely strong but totally worth it.) Only meant to be taken once. Forever. Hatzlacha. Good Shabbos.

Thank you so so much!!! I daven it makes the difference. Never heard of cardamom, will buy that hopefully tomorrow iyH.
Thanks a million I so much appreciate that you did this for me!

amother
Magenta

Post Fri, Nov 27 2020, 12:34 am
mommymommy wrote:
Thank you so so much!!! I daven it makes the difference. Never heard of cardamom, will buy that hopefully tomorrow iyH.
Thanks a million I so much appreciate that you did this for me!

I'm glad I can help. Very Happy

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 27 2020, 12:38 am
I'm glad I can help. Very Happy

Thank you!!! I can't wait to try it!

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 27 2020, 12:39 am
ra_mom wrote:
Keep training with the jars containing a few drops of the 4 essential oils. BE"H you will get better.

Thanks im trying all day I'm begging these bottles and my brain to connect. I hope it will happen soon iyH.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 27 2020, 12:44 am
Did anyone try hypnosis? Wondering if that or/ acupuncture works....
I am just hoping the drink works and all will be ok, I need this behind me!

amother
Tan

Post Fri, Nov 27 2020, 7:20 am
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp crushed cloves
1/4 tsp ground cardamom

Can sugar to added to make it palatable? Can I use hot milk instead of water?

bnm

Post Fri, Nov 27 2020, 8:02 am
You are still recuperating. You only got sick last week. Please just focus on breathing and staying hydrated. Please be kind to yourself. I had a hard time drinking because water tasted funny but tea with honey was a different texture.

clowny

Post Fri, Nov 27 2020, 10:03 am
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp crushed cloves
1/4 tsp ground cardamom

Thanks. Will be trying it too.

amother
Magenta

Post Sat, Nov 28 2020, 8:38 pm
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
Can sugar to added to make it palatable? Can I use hot milk instead of water?

I don't think so. Sorry. But it really helped. Hatzlacha.

amother
Magenta

Post Sat, Nov 28 2020, 8:39 pm
clowny wrote:
Thanks. Will be trying it too.

Refua shleima.

amother
Bronze

Post Sat, Nov 28 2020, 8:43 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So im late to the game and just got covid last week. It has not been easy but nothing could prepare me for today. Day 7 and I lost my sense of taste and smell completely. I tried smelling essential oils - nothing just nothing. Grapefruit tasted like a water balloon nothing tastes nothing smells and I feel like I am losing my mind from it. I feel locked in a cage and need to break free. I'm scared of losing it cv! March! Nothing more precious than my baby's smell- I need to smell again fast! Please someone help me. I am in nj but will travel. Is there an acupuncturist or something I can do to get it back quickly? Please don't tell me its a waiting game. I know too many people just waiting since march! Please let me know what worked for you so orange juice can taste like orange juice again!
Thanks!

I am very sorry to read this and wish you a refua shleima.

In many cases, people lose smell with covid because the nerve is damaged and it takes time for the nerve to heal... and healing might go through phases where things smell or taste strange. Most people heal, it mostly takes around 6 weeks.

It's sad that so many people do not take this disease seriously and expose other people to consequences like those and even worse.

amother
Denim

Post Sat, Nov 28 2020, 8:49 pm
Go to an ENT and get a course of prednisone.

My husband lost his sense of taste and smell in March. Complained until Sukkos. A Sukkos guest told us to go to an ENT. We went to a great one. He gave my husband a course of prednisone and everything came back.

Now he says he can taste everything but the smell is fading a bit ... but he can still smell. People told us that the prednisone doesn't last forever but it lasts a while and then he can get another course if needed.

ra_mom

Post Sat, Nov 28 2020, 10:05 pm
amother [ Denim ] wrote:
Go to an ENT and get a course of prednisone.

My husband lost his sense of taste and smell in March. Complained until Sukkos. A Sukkos guest told us to go to an ENT. We went to a great one. He gave my husband a course of prednisone and everything came back.

Now he says he can taste everything but the smell is fading a bit ... but he can still smell. People told us that the prednisone doesn't last forever but it lasts a while and then he can get another course if needed.

I took prednisone with no results. It only works if there is inflammation. Not if there was damage to the neurons.

amother
Puce

Post Mon, Nov 30 2020, 2:59 pm
amother [ Puce ] wrote:
I'm still waiting since the week after rosh hashana when I lost my smell and taste.

So now everything tastes and smells disgusting!!!!
Uch!!!! Like totten something..

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, Nov 30 2020, 3:01 pm
I was born without a sense of smell and finally feel like the world understands what I go through

ra_mom

Post Mon, Nov 30 2020, 3:03 pm
amother [ Puce ] wrote:
So now everything tastes and smells disgusting!!!!
Uch!!!! Like totten something..

It's part of the process Sad
Page 2 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics