Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
Segula parnassa put challah on table before חצות ערב שבת ?
Previous  1  2

Rubber Ducky

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 9:24 am
amother [ Turquoise ] wrote:
We used to do that for years with the challa until one time dh said it needs to be on the table before. So we warm it up before the zman and before the 18 minutes one of my kids put it on the table .

amother [ Apricot ] wrote:
I have my challos in the oven from before the zman, then only put on the table before kiddish so we can have hot challah...

We do a bait and switch. We have 2 challahs on the table and swap one for a warmed up challah just before hamotzi.

self-actualization

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 12:58 pm
One of the takanos of Ezra HaSofer is that women should make their challah very early on Friday morning so that if there are poor people and they have extra challah they can give it to the poor people. (Dovetails very nicely with the amount of challah that must be made in order to do the bracha on hafrashas challah).

So...if you make the challah early and give to poor people, it is easy to see how that can lead to wealth. 1) Giving charity is supposed to bring wealth (aser bishvil shetisasher) and 2) you feel abundant and can make better decisions in life, 3) people think you are abundant and want to associate with you...
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics