Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Back in Quarantine 😞
Previous  1  2

oneofakind

Post Sat, Nov 28 2020, 7:49 pm
Seriously retest.

ROFL

Post Sat, Nov 28 2020, 7:53 pm
Do you have a backyard. When the weather is good ( like last week had a few good days - go out and let them play in back yard.
Let them watch TV Lots of cartoons etc that they can watch.
Books. Have neighbors Bring you some new books for each child.
Maybe you can ask friends to lend you some games they have that will be new to your kids ?
Hatzlcha

amother
Seafoam

Post Sat, Nov 28 2020, 8:53 pm
If the school is ok with it, send them back after 10 days if everyone is negative. CDC is shortening quarantine time. We're doing 24 days because the elementary school insisted, but my high schooler went back after 14 days.

DVOM

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 11:19 am
Update:

Amazing, miraculous news!!!

Overnight results came back today....and it was a false positive! We don't need to quarantine!

I'm dizzy and disoriented from this emotional rollercoaster, but so so so grateful. I feel like a jail sentence was just commuted. A jail sentence was just commuted, come to think of it!

Thank you all so much for the prayers and support!

amother
Lemon

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 11:21 am
B"H! WOW! So happy for you!

Real good takeaways here...

chanchy123

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 11:29 am
Honestly, you can just hide in bed for a day or two. Since your husband is home, have him deal with the kids and the house and everything and just lock yourself in your room for a day or two of Ray if that’s what you need. You don’t need to be supermom you’re dealing with unusual circumstances and it’s ok to give yourself a break. You know you’re doing the right thing cut yourself some slack about your other responsibilities.
Posted before I read your update - but keep this in mind if this ever happens again.

amother
Plum

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 12:19 pm
DVOM wrote:
Update:

Overnight results came back today....and it was a false positive! We don't need to quarantine!

I'm dizzy and disoriented from this emotional rollercoaster, but so so so grateful. I feel like a jail sentence was just commuted. A jail sentence was just commuted, come to think of it!

Yup! basically explains why the rest of your community does not take this seriously.

amother
Rose

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 12:29 pm
amother [ Plum ] wrote:
Yup! basically explains why the rest of your community does not take this seriously.

This. Still don’t believe Covid is becoming more and more politicized?

(Yes I know of many tragic deaths in the beginning , but that doesn’t mean it still isnt politicized by our selfish lying politicians.)

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 12:30 pm
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
This. Still don’t believe Covid is becoming more and more politicized?

(Yes I know of many tragic deaths in the beginning , but that doesn’t mean it still isnt politicized by our selfish lying politicians.)

What's political about inaccurate rapid tests?

I know of tragic deaths in the last month.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 12:37 pm
That is great news!! Hug Cheers Compress

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 12:41 pm
I understood that children do not transmit the virus.

When I and my husband came down with covid a month ago we quarantined for 7 days from when we started showing symptoms.
I did go buy groceries since I felt better then my husband.

And I.did send all my children to school.
I was told its fine.

ExtraCredit

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 12:42 pm
DVOM wrote:
Update:

I’m truly happy for you! How are you celebrating? Cheers cake Popcorn Ice cream

amother
Mauve

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 12:54 pm
I'm happy you don't have to quarantine in the end but I'm confused about why it's all over the school. My kids' school is having weekly testing of 20% of students. They have a phone option for the kids in quarantine. They're a large, mainstream school so I assumed that was typical.

I'm not saying what they do is comparable to other places but if covid is running rampant the weekly testing ought to catch it.

chanchy123

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 1:00 pm
amother [ Papaya ] wrote:
I understood that children do not transmit the virus.

When I and my husband came down with covid a month ago we quarantined for 7 days from when we started showing symptoms.
I did go buy groceries since I felt better then my husband.

And I.did send all my children to school.
I was told its fine.

Where do you live and who told you this was fine?
Where I live, both of these things would be huge violations. Does your children’s’ school not have a querentaine policy, even if your state/country does not? Sounds very odd to me.

Last edited by chanchy123 on Sun, Nov 29 2020, 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Plum

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 1:13 pm
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
I'm happy you don't have to quarantine in the end but I'm confused about why it's all over the school. My kids' school is having weekly testing of 20% of students. They have a phone option for the kids in quarantine. They're a large, mainstream school so I assumed that was typical.

I'm not saying what they do is comparable to other places but if covid is running rampant the weekly testing ought to catch it.

Who says its all over her school? She came back negative.

SuperWify

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 1:25 pm
DVOM wrote:
Update:

I was just coming here to offer to send you dinner. I’m so happy to hear the good news!!!

amother
Mauve

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 1:34 pm
amother [ Plum ] wrote:
Who says its all over her school? She came back negative.

DVOM wrote:
But I know that most of y kids in our school are not testing, not quarantining. So how does it help to keep my kids home? Covids running wild in the school anyway.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics