Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Why Americans happy in israel but Israelies miserable in USA
  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

What are you?
Israeli in the US and happy  
 5%  [ 7 ]
Israeli in the US and miserable  
 3%  [ 4 ]
American in the US and happy  
 64%  [ 77 ]
American in Israel and miserable  
 2%  [ 3 ]
American in Israel and happy  
 24%  [ 29 ]
Total Votes : 120

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 4:05 pm
I’m just wondering. I’m Israeli in the US and I’m homesick and miserable. Every Israeli I know here hate it here and missed israel. And not from religious reasons. It’s the mentality it’s very different

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 4:10 pm
I'm married to an Israeli. He loves it here in the US.
I actually wouldn't have minded living there for a few years at the beginning of our marriage but he wouldn't hear of our. Doesn't like the mentality there

shev

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 4:10 pm
To me this doesnt sound true. I lived in Israel 12 years and really never felt like I fit in. The culture is so hard to get used to. I know I wasnt the only one that felt like this. But it could be we were in the minority and most Americans fit right into the Israeli culture.

amother
Powderblue

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 4:12 pm
The imamother PC answer would be because olim are now living in the kedusha of EY and yordim are not. You're making a huge generalization based on your own unhappiness and the claims of some American olim. I guess you never heard the song parody "Artza alinu, eizeh shtut asinu, anu rotzim lachazor..." In fact I know some people who did come back. The Israeli yordim I see don't seem unhappy at all. They seem rather gleeful.

Success10

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 4:15 pm
I'm an American in Israel and very happy. I don't see that option in your poll. As a side point, many Americans (and other olim) are not happy in Israel and some even leave. Many for the same reasons you mentioned for your own unhappiness, the mentality is just too different.

I'm hoping you do find peace with your situation, or better yet, return back home soon.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 4:16 pm
What about an american in Israel that is happy? Why is that not an option? Its afte 11pm here in Israel, so Im going to assume that MOST of our israeli/anglo posters are sleeping.
I have been living in Israel for almost 2 decades. I cant even imagine every going back to america to live. I would literally not fit in anymore.
But I am far from miserable living here in Israel. And Im not sure why you left out this option.

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 4:16 pm
Yes.
It’s because Israelis are considered nebby to Americans.
Why? I don’t know!
Signed,
An Israeli in America

But also my Israeli cousins wouldnt hear of dating Americans they think Americans are sleepy and boring.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 4:18 pm
shev wrote:
To me this doesnt sound true. I lived in Israel 12 years and really never felt like I fit in. The culture is so hard to get used to. I know I wasnt the only one that felt like this. But it could be we were in the minority and most Americans fit right into the Israeli culture.
From the people that I know that have made aliyah, from different countries, they are all very happy living in Israel and fit in very well. I do think you are in the minority. It also for sure matters what community you choose and if it is a good fit for you and your family (general you)

number

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 4:20 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
What about an american in Israel that is happy? Why is that not an option? Its afte 11pm here in Israel, so Im going to assume that MOST of our israeli/anglo posters are sleeping.
I have been living in Israel for almost 2 decades. I cant even imagine every going back to america to live. I would literally not fit in anymore.
But I am far from miserable living here in Israel. And Im not sure why you left out this option.
I believe the 3rd option was supposed to say that. It says American in us which doesn’t fit with the rest of the poll.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 4:20 pm
I need to correct the poll. I made a mistake I need to write American in israel instead of US. I don’t see an option to edit the poll

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 4:22 pm
number wrote:
I believe the 3rd option was supposed to say that. It says American in us which doesn’t fit with the rest of the poll.
And yet, that is the answer in the poll that is the most answered Smile

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 4:24 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:

Exactly Americans are very happy in israel but the Israelies I know in the US wish they can go back to Israel but can’t because of numerous reasons

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 4:26 pm
Double post

number

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 4:30 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
And yet, that is the answer in the poll that is the most answered Smile
I think most people are happy living where they grew up. It’s hard adjusting to a new culture and mentality. If Israeli in il had been an option it would have the same number of responses.

Besides it’s Sunday afternoon in the us so there are a lot Americans on Wink

amother
Rose

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 4:33 pm
amother [ Maroon ] wrote:
Yes.
It’s because Israelis are considered nebby to Americans.
Why? I don’t know!
Signed,
An Israeli in America

But also my Israeli cousins wouldnt hear of dating Americans they think Americans are sleepy and boring.

and Americans living on Israel are also considered "nebby". Very hard at times as Israelis don't have patience for Americans if you're hebrew isn't perfect.. even with me and I have very good hebrew.

Success10

amother [ OP ] wrote:
Exactly Americans are very happy in israel but the Israelies I know in the US wish they can go back to Israel but can’t because of numerous reasons

I think secular Israelis are happy in North America. That's the general impression I get. I might be wrong.

amother
OP

How can I add these options to the poll:American in Israel and Israeli in Israel.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 4:37 pm
Success10 wrote:
I think secular Israelis are happy in North America. That's the general impression I get. I might be wrong.
I also think this. I have chiloni family in america, in ireland, in other places too, and they are having a ball. There is nothing special about israel to them. Its just home and seeing family is a plane ride aaway, so its not a big deal to them.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 4:38 pm
amother [ Cobalt ] wrote:
I'm married to an Israeli. He loves it here in the US.
I actually wouldn't have minded living there for a few years at the beginning of our marriage but he wouldn't hear of our. Doesn't like the mentality there

I have Israeli friends that don’t like it in the US idk about men. Maybe men are not so emotional and social so they don’t really care.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 4:38 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
How can I add these options to the poll:American in Israel and Israeli in Israel.
edit your original post.
Page 1 of 6   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics