Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Confidence building in a teen/Lakewood.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Nov 28 2020, 10:34 pm
My daughter would like to work on her confidence. She just turned 17. Looks and walks like she has all the confidence she needs. She came home from an outing tonight saying she has such a hard time meeting new people and she ends up blushing and not knowing what to say. I’m an introvert. Don’t reAlly know how to help her. It’s not the first time she mentioned it and wondering if anyone has any suggestions.
Should she see a therapist or life coach and how do I go about finding one? She feels like she has a problem making and retaining relationships. She has friends but not close ones.
Any advice appreciated.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 5:32 pm
Bumping up please.

amother
Maroon

Post Tue, Dec 01 2020, 9:58 am
Hi, I have a DD who is also an introvert, though she's not shy. She just moves in smaller circles, finds crowds more overwhelming. She has a small, close social circle.

I think it's great that your DD is aware of her needs and wants to work on it. I sent my DD to a social skills therapist for a few sessions back when she was a teen, and she really found it helpful. Therapist's name is Chava Ellinson. I'm just not sure she still does this in person (I think she runs an agency now) but worth finding out.

Another amazing therapist who works with teens and young adults is Noemie Amoyelle. I am familiar with her work and she's really fabulous and very experienced.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 4:02 pm
Thank you so much for your answer. I think chava ellinson runs an agency now. I’ll look into Naomi amoyelle. Does anyone have any further suggestions?
Thank you so much.

amother
Seagreen

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 4:13 pm
I second noemie.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children