Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names
What do you wish you were named?
Previous  1  2

amother
Taupe

Post Mon, Nov 30 2020, 8:09 am
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:
Wow this is so similar to my names! My Jewish father and non Jewish mother raised me reform and gave me an English name that I went by, and the Hebrew name Sarah. When I converted I didn't want to be Sarah bas Sarah so I chose a name that matched my initials instead. But I still feel a connection with the name Sarah, to the point that I won't use it for a daughter because it would feel like naming after myself. And it gets weirder because when I was going through a certain situation and was told to change my name, one of the names I was told I could add was Sarah! Again I chose not to, because being (other name) Sarah bas Sarah wouldn't have been any less weird.

So bkitzur I sometimes wish I'd kept the name Sarah. But just in terms of what I wish I'd been named, my favorite names are Chaya, Rivka, Nechama, and Miriam. If I could go back and redo my conversion, I think I'd call myself Chaya Sarah.

Just seeing this, but my name is also Sarah and my father was also Jewish. Lol!

amother
Cyan

Post Mon, Nov 30 2020, 9:18 am
I love my name! It wasnt even planned. Just popped out of nowhere when my father gave the name. (I've heard many similar stories).

amother
Black

Post Mon, Nov 30 2020, 10:30 am
essie14 wrote:
Yeah, I have a friend whose parents did that and she finds it so annoying.
I have another friend whose parents named her Chaya Rochel and her English name is just Rachel to ostensibly make it easier but they only called her Chayala. So she would come to school and all the girls would call her Chayala and then the teachers would call out "Rachel Friedman" and no one knew who that was. (*actual names differ but same idea)

This is me. My second name is rochel/Rachel and my first name is a yiddish name that I dislike. My legal name is Rachel. I wish everyone just called me Rochel

yonabets

Post Mon, Nov 30 2020, 4:01 pm
amother [ Black ] wrote:
This is me. My second name is rochel/Rachel and my first name is a yiddish name that I dislike. My legal name is Rachel. I wish everyone just called me Rochel

Ask them to do it!

eli321

Post Mon, Nov 30 2020, 10:52 pm
I love the name chanah

amother
Amber

Post Mon, Nov 30 2020, 11:01 pm
I didn't always like my name, but I've embraced and it's who I am. No wishes for other names.

amother
Jetblack

Post Tue, Dec 01 2020, 4:57 pm
I grew up not liking my name very much. I see it is listed here as someone's favorite and it certainly was my parents' favorite but I never related to it. I wish I would have kept my nickname as I liked that better, more unique. Anyway, I have learned to find a lot of beauty and meaning in my two Hebrew names in my adulthood.

I used my favorite names for my 3 girls.
Amalya
Tamar
Sapir

Other names are newer for me so I wouldn't have picked them while I was growing up, I do like them a lot and they are popular now such as Noa, Shoham, Yael and Talia.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names