Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Fish
Salmon Packets With Shiitakes And Spinach

Amarante

Post Mon, Nov 30 2020, 11:19 am
These were amazingly tasty and so easy to make. The shiitake mushrooms add so much flavor without much effort as does the bit of sesame oil. And the spinach melts down nicely and gets infused with all of the flavors.

I used tin foil as it is easier to wrap the packages and I wasn't trying to impress anyone. Parchment is more elegant if you have guests. This was easy to scale down as I wasn't serving 8 people and would be easily scaled up to serve however many people you are feeding.

Salmon Packets With Shiitakes And Spinach

Excerpt From: Lorraine Wallace - Mr. and Mrs. Sunday's Suppers

Serves 8

4 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoons honey
2 teaspoons garlic powder
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Two 10-ounce containers sliced shiitake mushrooms
One 5-ounce bag baby spinach leaves
8 boneless, skinless salmon fillets, about 6 ounces each
8 teaspoons toasted sesame oil

1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Cut eight 12- to 15-inch squares of parchment paper.

2. In a small bowl, whisk to combine the soy sauce, honey, garlic powder, and lemon juice.

3. In a large bowl, combine the mushrooms and spinach. Pour the soy vinaigrette over the vegetables and toss to coat.

4. Lay out the parchment squares. Divide the vegetable mixture evenly among the parchment squares. Lay 1 fish fillet atop the vegetables. Drizzle ½ teaspoon of the sesame oil on top of each piece of fish. Fold parchment over the ingredients to enclose and make overlapping pleats to seal well. (You can also fold over the long sides of the parchment together twice, then roll in the short sides to form a pouch)

5. Transfer the packets to a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 10 to 12 minutes (the fish should be slightly firm and opaque throughout). Gently remove the fish from the packages and transfer to warm plates. Serve immediately.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics