Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Boys and girls morahs in Lakewood
Previous  1  2

amother
Lilac

Post Mon, Nov 30 2020, 1:17 pm
People make aliya and put english speakers straight into hebrew speaking school at that age and all kids adapt. The people I know that did their kids picked up the language in 2/3 months. They should put the kid straight into school. Can they get english tutors where they live now to start teaching the kids english? They can get stories online, or find online programs that teach little kids english.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 30 2020, 1:25 pm
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:
People make aliya and put english speakers straight into hebrew speaking school at that age and all kids adapt. The people I know that did their kids picked up the language in 2/3 months. They should put the kid straight into school. Can they get english tutors where they live now to start teaching the kids english? They can get stories online, or find online programs that teach little kids english.

Do schools still accept new students for next year if they don’t even live there yet?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 30 2020, 1:29 pm
amother [ Maroon ] wrote:
I think these are pretty major deductions. Not for a bunch of anonymous amothers to make. For the 3 ye old boy I’m not too nervous. But holding back a 4 yr old can have pretty big effect..

What effects? She just turned 4. A few days ago. I think she will feel comfortable in an older 4 year old group. But could be I’m wrong.

There aren’t any 4/5 year old groups at all?

keym

Post Mon, Nov 30 2020, 1:36 pm
I hate to be rude and ask the obvious question.
Why are they moving to Lakewood?
They really don't seem to have done research on moving and living here, going by the questions being asked.
Lakewood is notoriously hard to get into school or even finding a good playgroup. Having children who don't speak the language will make it much more challenging.

Do they drive?
Do the parents speak English to teach the children some basics over the year?

A girl who's birthday is in October or November can get away with going to 4 yr old playgroup, however if she's bright it may not be a good idea.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 30 2020, 1:43 pm
They don’t want to move but have to for personal reasons. They can get someone to teach some English to her kids.

They only worry about morahs. Will it be possible to find morahs in March April for the following year?

amother
Lilac

Post Mon, Nov 30 2020, 1:52 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Do schools still accept new students for next year if they don’t even live there yet?

Yes they do. I moved recently and they accepted us for the next year before we even knew where we were going to live.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 30 2020, 1:58 pm
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:
Yes they do. I moved recently and they accepted us for the next year before we even knew where we were going to live.

Ok thanks.

Chayalle

Post Mon, Nov 30 2020, 2:01 pm
It's hard to know which school would be suitable for someone we don't know. And chances are greater that they would get in if they apply somewhere suitable. It would be good if they did some research, ask people who know them where they send.

sunnys

Post Mon, Nov 30 2020, 6:16 pm
Agree there’s no point in finding playgroups now if they don’t know which neighborhood they’re moving too. It makes a huge difference. There’s always last min openings. I was able to get my child in August. Obviously there’s no guarantees! Especially if she applies now she won’t be able to back out if it’s wrong neighborhood since teachers expect a deposit.

amother
Mauve

Post Mon, Nov 30 2020, 10:37 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
What effects? She just turned 4. A few days ago. I think she will feel comfortable in an older 4 year old group. But could be I’m wrong.

There aren’t any 4/5 year old groups at all?
Shell be fine in a 4 year old group. Really. Many schools wouldn’t even accept a november kid.

amother
Mauve

Post Mon, Nov 30 2020, 10:40 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Son is turning 3 in March.
Daughter is 4 now.
There are actually extra 4 year old girl slots in town. So that should be a non issue. 3 year olds is harder to find but things do open up, especially if they’re flexible. They already missed the first wave of registration. They should figure out where they’re living and then get on a bunch of waiting lists.

amother
Mauve

Post Mon, Nov 30 2020, 10:42 pm
keym wrote:

A girl who's birthday is in October or November can get away with going to 4 yr old playgroup, however if she's bright it may not be a good idea.
Whats get away with? I know a lot of schools aren’t taking November, even for younger siblings.

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, Nov 30 2020, 10:55 pm
Older 4 ye old groups fill up late bec parents don’t decide early always to hold back.

Both my daughters are November and it would have been a huge mistake to hold them back.

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, Dec 01 2020, 8:52 pm
3 year olds

4 year old girl

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries