Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
S/o new mishpacha jr serial
  Previous  1  2  3  9  10  11

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, Jul 30 2019, 1:56 pm
I think if the whole serial would have been about 14 or 15 year olds, it would have been a different story.
Being they are both married/marriageable age makes it totally not ok. And not for a serial geared to teens!

LovesHashem

Post Tue, Jul 30 2019, 2:54 pm
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
I think if the whole serial would have been about 14 or 15 year olds, it would have been a different story.
Being they are both married/marriageable age makes it totally not ok. And not for a serial geared to teens!

1. It was a true story, they wanted to show case that.
2. I think if it was TOO relatable and too close to age it would of created copycat behavior.
3. It shows that this isn't a "cute high school drama"

amother
Forestgreen

Post Mon, Nov 30 2020, 3:04 pm

LovesHashem

Post Mon, Nov 30 2020, 3:10 pm
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:

Context? What is so bad in here? What issue?

amother
White

Post Mon, Nov 30 2020, 3:11 pm

Yes. My 5 year old makes me read the magazine to her and I cringe. Not only at this but the writing (IMO) all the way through is just horrendous. We’ve been reading the comic serials weekly for a year and Neither of us have an idea as to what’s going on

Odelyah

Post Mon, Nov 30 2020, 3:13 pm

Yeah I noticed that unfortunate title Sad I mean my kids have no clue BH but still

amother
Forestgreen

Post Mon, Nov 30 2020, 3:14 pm
LovesHashem wrote:
Context? What is so bad in here? What issue?

If you put the words of the title backward, it refers to an act that I fear even a vague explanation of would violate this site's rules.

amother
Cerise

Post Mon, Nov 30 2020, 3:15 pm

I believe op is referring to the "bang gang" which to me sounds a bit like a dirty rap group and doesn't conjure up the most appropriate visuals. However, I don't think most people see it that way OP.

amother
White

Post Mon, Nov 30 2020, 3:16 pm
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
I believe op is referring to the "bang gang" which to me sounds a bit like a dirty rap group and doesn't conjure up the most appropriate visuals. However, I don't think most people see it that way OP.

No she’s referring to gang banging. I can’t even believe imamother will let me write out that word.

Java

Post Mon, Nov 30 2020, 3:50 pm
Makes me cringe every time... idk who does Mishpacha's editing but they must be pretty sheltered

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Nov 30 2020, 3:52 pm
amother [ White ] wrote:
No she’s referring to gang banging. I can’t even believe imamother will let me write out that word.

This is the 1st time I'm hearing this term and hopefully kids don't know this term.
People with dirty minds automatically think that every other word is s-x related.

LovesHashem

Post Mon, Nov 30 2020, 3:55 pm
Ah. Now that's someone has mentioned it I see.
Bad choice in words. Reminds me of a Mishpacha story about Yedidim that compared it to Grand Theft Auto. I just thought that was a famous car game but mg brother enlightened me that it's a dirty disgusting game where you get rewarded for stealing car and raping.

The people this is going through must just be sheltered.

amother
White

Post Mon, Nov 30 2020, 3:57 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
This is the 1st time I'm hearing this term and hopefully kids don't know this term.
People with dirty minds automatically think that every other word is s-x related.

That’s offensive. I do NOT have a dirty mind. Gang banging is A term used in the context of rape and assault: it’s a criminal not s-xual term
Page 11 of 11   Previous  1  2  3  9  10  11 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room