Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Chanukah
Chanukah Games for family party...
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 1:47 pm
doodlesmom wrote:
Bumping this up

@peaslovencarrots has something called chalympics which is games that she plays with her family and is making it available to everyone for free. I dont believe she has posted it yet for this year but she said she will so follow her for more game inspiration and ideas.

baby12x

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 2:27 pm
I wrote this and it has some ideas in it

https://adimesaved.com/celebra.....udget

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 3:44 pm
We are not a very gamey family, too formal, so we usually just play anything that is fun and enjoyable.

One year we wanted to play the following game, but couldn't since my mom couldn't attend and party got cancelled. So not sure how it would work out. But I really liked the idea.

Everyone brings a mug that had a phrase, word, saying or whatever on it.

Everyone writes down every family members name once on a pc of paper and drops in 1 name in their mug, one who they think fit most the wording on the mug. Then everyone passes and keeps dropping in name most fit for the next mug. Until everyone gets back theirs.

The one who has their name most in the mug gets that mug to take home. If one has already a mug, the next most gets the mug.

erm

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 9:04 pm
Still looking for more game ideas for our chanukah party. Anyone have something fun to share?

dankbar

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 10:33 pm
Male/female game is fun.

Every one brings two items that serves same purpose/function in male & female version. One wrapped, one unwrapped. Wrapped items go into a bag. Bag gets passed around with music etc. When music stops, that person picks out one wrapped item & unwraps it. Whoever guesses the other version, wins both items.

Ex.
Hanger/chair to hang coat
Wool tzitzis/kitchen apron
Cig lighter/matches
Umbrella/rainbonnet
Tylenol/doctor

sky

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 10:09 pm
Didn’t see if anyone mentioned this yet.
Make your own Spot it game with family pics.
https://medium.com/@romain.via.....3a5fb

Memory game put cups upside down with matching prizes underneath. Take turns turning over 2 cups. If you get a match you keep the prize.

amother
Violet

Post Mon, Nov 30 2020, 4:22 pm
Ideas for Zoom Chanukah party:
1-Scavenger hunt. Can get ideas from googling it. Some ideas- can range from easy to hard-
Find a foreign coin, something striped, a book that starts with first letter of your name, something rough, etc, a puzzle piece , 7 of hearts playing card, etc.
2- scattergories- can play online too

amother
Cognac

Post Sat, Dec 02 2023, 8:49 pm
bump

sweetnsalty

Post Mon, Dec 04 2023, 10:13 pm
we play "minute to win it" games every year. google it. it uses household items, easy to play, HILARIOUS, FUN, LAUGHTER it's the best. I don't think anything beats it. There are so many (over 100 you'll be sure to find some you can do)

amother
Cognac

Post Mon, Dec 04 2023, 11:41 pm
sweetnsalty wrote:
we play "minute to win it" games every year. google it. it uses household items, easy to play, HILARIOUS, FUN, LAUGHTER it's the best. I don't think anything beats it. There are so many (over 100 you'll be sure to find some you can do)

Theres a few websites that came up for "minute to win it".

Can you please link to the one you like best.

Pandabeer

Post Thu, Dec 07 2023, 12:38 pm
dankbar wrote:
Male/female game is fun.

Every one brings two items that serves same purpose/function in male & female version. One wrapped, one unwrapped. Wrapped items go into a bag. Bag gets passed around with music etc. When music stops, that person picks out one wrapped item & unwraps it. Whoever guesses the other version, wins both items.

Ex.
Hanger/chair to hang coat
Wool tzitzis/kitchen apron
Cig lighter/matches
Umbrella/rainbonnet
Tylenol/doctor

Love this - can anyone add ideas to this list?

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Dec 07 2023, 11:25 pm
Game: I am going to a Chanukah party and I'm going to bring...
Rules: one person says, for example " I'm going to a Chanukah party and I'm going to bring blueberries, but not grapes. I'm going to bring bananas, but not apples." The next person (or everyone else) has to figure out what's the rule for what he's bringing and what he's not. The rule here is that he could only bring fruits that have 3 syllables, so the next person could say, " I'm going to bring oranges, but not plums."
Each person could give any number of examples (more than 1 is funner, but more than 3 is maybe too many).
This could be easy, hard, funny, educational, Chanukah themed, not themed. You could write the examples down in advance or make up on the spot, you can play with points or without, everyone could answer at once or go in order, or one person says something and everyone writes what they think is the right answer & then read their answers.
You could use any verbs - see, meet, drink, sing, wear, say, etc. " I'm going to a Chanukah party & I'll meet Chaim, but not Gitty, Brocha, but not Faigy." ( For example if one is using their children's names & the rule is Hebrew names, but not Yiddish names).
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics