Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Monsey preschools

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 30 2020, 4:46 pm
Hi, which monsey area preschools do you recommend and how much is tuition per year?

amother
Honeydew

Post Mon, Nov 30 2020, 4:55 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Hi, which monsey area preschools do you recommend and how much is tuition per year?

What style are you looking for?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 30 2020, 5:13 pm
Mostly Yeshivish and/or chasidish parent body, very warm and caring morahs.

Spacious, cheerful, hygienic facility with windows.

amother
Blush

Post Mon, Nov 30 2020, 5:18 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Mostly Yeshivish and/or chasidish parent body, very warm and caring morahs.

Spacious, cheerful, hygienic facility with windows.

Chassidish & yeshivish are two opposites. You're either Chassidish or yeshivish. You either want a chassidish school or yeshivish school.

amother
White

Post Mon, Nov 30 2020, 5:20 pm
When you say preschool, do you mean before kindergarten? Or are you talking about kindergarten in formal schools?

Ruchy

Post Mon, Nov 30 2020, 5:34 pm
Esty Linkenberg on Harvest court. Or Pinkowitz on Herschel Terrace. Both girls only, pre-nursery and nursery.

amother
Blush

Post Mon, Nov 30 2020, 5:37 pm
Ruchy wrote:
Esty Linkenberg on Harvest court. Or Pinkowitz on Herschel Terrace. Both girls only, pre-nursery and nursery.

These are private pre school more playgroup type. They're not part of a school or in a school.
They're both chassidish.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 30 2020, 7:40 pm
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
Chassidish & yeshivish are two opposites. You're either Chassidish or yeshivish. You either want a chassidish school or yeshivish school.

I guess I was trying to say that we don’t want a crowd where the kids will be talking about television shows and movies and the mothers wear short skirts.

For our older daughter we sent her to a preschool with chasidish morahs but the families were a mix of very Torah focused yeshivish, Sephardic, chasidish, etc and it was a good fit for us. But it was in a different city.

To clarify, I am looking for the year before my daughter starts kindergarten.

amother
Blush

Post Mon, Nov 30 2020, 8:11 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I guess I was trying to say that we don’t want a crowd where the kids will be talking about television shows and movies and the mothers wear short skirts.

For our older daughter we sent her to a preschool with chasidish morahs but the families were a mix of very Torah focused yeshivish, Sephardic, chasidish, etc and it was a good fit for us. But it was in a different city.

To clarify, I am looking for the year before my daughter starts kindergarten.

I guess you're English speaking so you don't want a chasidish place. Which school is your older daughter in? Chofetz Chaim preschool might be a good option. They have from Pre nursery.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Nov 30 2020, 8:11 pm
I second Esty Linkenberg - I had a great experience there. She has a great understanding of this age kids, she's very organized, warm, nurturing.....

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 01 2020, 4:03 am
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
I guess you're English speaking so you don't want a chasidish place. Which school is your older daughter in? Chofetz Chaim preschool might be a good option. They have from Pre nursery.

Do you know approximately how much tuition is per year there?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 01 2020, 4:21 am
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
I second Esty Linkenberg - I had a great experience there. She has a great understanding of this age kids, she's very organized, warm, nurturing.....

Thank you.

This is an English speaking preschool?

Is it above ground or a basement?

How much per year?

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Dec 01 2020, 4:22 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Do you know approximately how much tuition is per year there?
I’m not 100% sure but someone once told me it’s about $400 a month (maybe a bit more)

amother
Blush

Post Tue, Dec 01 2020, 5:50 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you.

How much per year?

Linkenberg is a yiddish speaking school.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Tue, Dec 01 2020, 6:14 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you.

How much per year?

It's Yiddish speaking with a nice amount of Bais Rochel kids since Bais Rochel only accepts a limited amount of kids for nursery.

It is a few feet underground in an old house and I was a bit concerned a bout that but the pros outweighed this as for me this was the only con.
She's clean and efficient.

2 years ago she was approx $300 a month and she also offers transportation for a fee. She has extended hours for a minimal fee and has a curriculum for the extended hours - it's not just free play.

amother
Blush

Post Tue, Dec 01 2020, 6:17 am
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
It's Yiddish speaking with a nice amount of Bais Rochel kids since Bais Rochel only accepts a limited amount of kids for nursery.

It is a few feet underground in an old house and I was a bit concerned a bout that but the pros outweighed this as for me this was the only con.
She's clean and efficient.

2 years ago she was approx $300 a month and she also offers transportation for a fee. She has extended hours for a minimal fee and has a curriculum for the extended hours - it's not just free play.

Transportation is an additional $100 a month.

ShishKabob

Post Tue, Dec 01 2020, 8:54 am
Getting into pre school is like getting into a school. You should try all your options and see where they accept you first. I don't think in this day and age anyone gets to choose unfortunately. Good luck op!!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 01 2020, 9:40 am
Are there any other English speaking preschools that anyone would recommend?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics