Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Poll: do you like your job?
1  2  Next

Poll: do you like your job?
Yes - I love it!  
 46%  [ 67 ]
It's ok  
 43%  [ 62 ]
No - I hate it  
 10%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 144

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 30 2020, 9:32 pm
Do you like your job? Why or why not? Is it the actual work or other factors (for example who you work for or with, the hours....). If you could change one thing about the job what would it be?

amother
Ruby

Post Mon, Nov 30 2020, 9:34 pm
Most days I like it. There are hard days definitely, but even if we didn't need the money, I would still want to do what I do (maybe more part-time) because of the satisfaction I get on the good days.

Einikel

Post Mon, Nov 30 2020, 9:36 pm
I don’t love the work but my boss is really nice and so is the work environment.

amother
Orchid

Post Mon, Nov 30 2020, 9:39 pm
I dont love going to work because I am easily stressed and dont have much time to myself in general. I would prefer to never have to work if we didnt need the income. HOWEVER, I love my boss, love my patients, love the feeling of fulfillment I get from working.

Good Friend

Post Mon, Nov 30 2020, 9:57 pm
I love my job because I'm on shlichus and I feel like I'm doing my life's mission. We are the only ones in our city (almost only ones in the country) so we can do whichever classes and programs we want without having to answer to any local boss.
The difficult parts are
1. Living in the middle of nowhere in a foreign country (think kosher food supply challenges, having to homeschool our kids and send them away when they're still children, being far from family and friends, had to learn the language, etc.)
2. There's lots of pressure from ourselves to do the most we can for every Jew, and that makes for a lot of work of preparing and delivering many classes and events, and it's exhausting to work 24/7. (Yes I do teach several classes on Shabbos too, and I have little kids to take care of at the same time.)

STMommy

Post Mon, Nov 30 2020, 9:59 pm
4th option: I love what I do but hate where I do it (my specific workplace).
But I also love my colleagues so I'm staying put.

amother
Mauve

Post Mon, Nov 30 2020, 10:05 pm
STMommy wrote:
4th option: I love what I do but hate where I do it (my specific workplace).
But I also love my colleagues so I'm staying put.

Exactly this. Love my work, love my coworkers, hate my boss and his wife who treat the workers like garbage.

Rubber Ducky

Post Mon, Nov 30 2020, 10:26 pm
Love my work! Love making people's lives easier and more enjoyable, and getting paid for it. The hours are long but the boss is pretty good too — I'm self-employed.

I do kitchen and residential design (and sell cabinets). Well-designed space really does make your life more pleasant. I am blessed.

singleagain

Post Mon, Nov 30 2020, 10:26 pm
I love my job. It's got a lot of different parts. Technical invoices. Creative circulars. Interacting with customers.

But I hate that we are right now short staff and I'm overworked.

I do have though a really awesome boss so for that I'm very grateful.

amother
Tan

Post Mon, Nov 30 2020, 10:34 pm
although I do like my job (except certain parts can be impossible depending on my "shift") ...I still hate my job bec
1) theres too much "hw"/take home work so I work evenings and weekends leaving me very little time to be a mom and no time for myself

2) my bosses are nasty power hungry unrealistic, and evil ppl who pick on me and stress me out/pressure me trying to find something "wrong" with my work...if I didnt do abc then next time theyll say you did abc but you didnt do..etc....when I explain to them they are asking for an impossible thing, theyll tell me speak to my team(which I did already), or "figure it out, winners find a way" ....(one boss admitted she had no answer for me, but lied about this on my report).

4) my job has a long and expensive commute...its exhausting just traveling there....and I start early so its hard getting up early.

3) overall, I work for the $, if I didnt need the $, I would be happy not working....I have so much I can do with my time if I didnt work

if I didnt have to work, my life would be 75% less stressful...

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Nov 30 2020, 10:35 pm
Hate is not the word.
Burning, passionate loathing is more accurate.

amother
Rose

Post Mon, Nov 30 2020, 10:37 pm
I would love my job if it was 4 hours a day instead of 8-9.

amother
Babyblue

Post Mon, Nov 30 2020, 10:44 pm
I spent a lot of time and money on my degree, but I don’t really like my job, nor do I make a decent salary. Kind of stinks.

amother
Jade

Post Mon, Nov 30 2020, 11:24 pm
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
although I do like my job (except certain parts can be impossible depending on my "shift") ...I still hate my job bec
1) theres too much "hw"/take home work so I work evenings and weekends leaving me very little time to be a mom and no time for myself

2) my bosses are nasty power hungry unrealistic, and evil ppl who pick on me and stress me out/pressure me trying to find something "wrong" with my work...if I didnt do abc then next time theyll say you did abc but you didnt do..etc....when I explain to them they are asking for an impossible thing, theyll tell me speak to my team(which I did already), or "figure it out, winners find a way" ....(one boss admitted she had no answer for me, but lied about this on my report).

4) my job has a long and expensive commute...its exhausting just traveling there....and I start early so its hard getting up early.

3) overall, I work for the $, if I didnt need the $, I would be happy not working....I have so much I can do with my time if I didnt work

if I didnt have to work, my life would be 75% less stressful...
This sounds so stressful. What area of work is this?

amother
Salmon

Post Mon, Nov 30 2020, 11:45 pm
The title of this poll is "do you like your job" but then there's no option "I like my job." LOL

My boss is super laid back, and I love the field, but it's not at all my dream job. So I voted love but it's a an overstatement.

amother
Beige

Post Tue, Dec 01 2020, 12:02 am
I love what I do. I get great satisfaction from my job. Most of my coworkers feel the same.

I hate that my boss values only male employees.

My boss told me that he doesn't believe in titles, but the men he hired years after me were all promoted to VP of Whatever.

I have many responsibilities and I am bh successful. Unfortunately no one acknowledges my sucess.

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Dec 01 2020, 3:21 am
It's ok. I'm a nurse.

The big advantage of nursing is that you can move from one department to another and they are totally different so if you don't like one you may love another. My current one is ok, and I am optimistic to switch eventually to one that I will hopefully love. But I don't want to switch now because switching involves learning and I want to wait until I'm not pregnant to throw myself into learning.

momomany

Post Tue, Dec 01 2020, 5:18 am
I love my job. Im a labor & delivery nurse.

amother
Smokey

Post Tue, Dec 01 2020, 2:08 pm
I like my job, but I just don’t like working in general.

I’m a social worker.

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, Dec 01 2020, 2:31 pm
Nope. Hate it. I have advanced degrees/licenses but get treated like a secretary. Anyone doesnt want to do something -it gets shoved on me. The bosses/admin are power hungry, hate to see I am good at my job, when I tried to explain them my worth/how I contribute more to the team than others they shot me down and minimized all I do. "Anyone can do it" - so how come I had to fix all the.mistakes of my predecessor? And no one else can figure out how to do it?
I know its haughty to say but I am more capable and smarter than many of my coworkers- but I got hired because of my degree and experience, they got it because of who they are (personal connections etc. For instance I had to show a resume on hiring but they just got the job. They have no relevant degree or professional experience). But they are given more "power" and "decision making ability" when my suggestions or insight is shut down. I got shut out of a regular meeting because there were "too many people" but I am the only one who knows policies and the data as that is my job. Idiots got to go and share their non professional "insight". So they made my job harder to soothe some egos.
I barely get credit for things that take hours. Others get a "great job!", a notice posted about their capabilities in the employee workplace, they get to lead meetings. But without me doing my job the place halts. Anyone could do their job... it is brainless. Think sweeping the floor vs an accountant. (Not my fields. But with this analogy- they praise the floor sweeper and "head pencil sharpener" and ask their insights on how policy is made. Company wide email states how great they are. But not the one who does the work!!) I dont work for the kuddos but if you praise some, maybe the one who actually does their job deserves some?

My job makes me feel worthless. I hate it.
Loathe it. But I need the job and money.
Yep, that's life.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics