Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
SUPPORT OUR STORES List of frum stores w/ websites that ship
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 10:26 pm
amother [ Green ] wrote:
Shop wherever you want but again your advocating to support the "jewish shark tank ceo's" the revenue of junees is 21 million, oh nuts $ 780,000,double header 1 million, cry me a river for these stores. Lets not even talk about eichelrs.

You sound jealous, to be honest. If you don't want to shop local, don't, No need for the attitude.

But when you're in a pickle, it's your community member you'll turn to, not the CEO of Target.

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 10:26 pm
although shopping online is definitely more convenient please take a moment and think about the little stores who had to pay rent all these months , pay their employees, pay their vendors, purchase for next season and did not sell their merchandise. Shop local does not necessarily mean those big chain Jewish owned stores that stayed open and may or may not have lost money over the pandemic.
Remember the little guy, the in house store and your neighbor who are relying on you and me for their bread and butter.

southernbubby

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 10:31 pm
amother [ Green ] wrote:
Shop wherever you want but again your advocating to support the "jewish shark tank ceo's" the revenue of junees is 21 million, oh nuts $ 780,000,double header 1 million, cry me a river for these stores. Lets not even talk about eichelrs.

It's probably the high revenue businesses that support Hatzolah, Tomchei Shabbos, yeshivas, shuls, helping needy brides, etc. Some of that stuff that is sold at those places is stuff that we need. Walmart doesn't sell fancy cholev Yisroel chocolate.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 10:35 pm
amother [ Maroon ] wrote:
although shopping online is definitely more convenient please take a moment and think about the little stores who had to pay rent all these months , pay their employees, pay their vendors, purchase for next season and did not sell their merchandise. Shop local does not necessarily mean those big chain Jewish owned stores that stayed open and may or may not have lost money over the pandemic.
Remember the little guy, the in house store and your neighbor who are relying on you and me for their bread and butter.

I'll IY"H get back to update the list a little later, but wanted to respond to this:

I don't actually live in-town, so I can't shop local. But I can still do my part to keep more dollars within the frum community, hopefully trickling down to those stores too, by choosing to do my online shopping at frum-owned stores.

I figured I'd try to collect as many options as possible so that when I need to buy something, I can choose them instead of automatically checking Amazon and Target first.

ruchelbuckle

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 10:45 pm
Hi! I am the owner of one of the stores listed above. While I can't speak for Junees, DoubleHeader, and Eichler's, I am for sure not "raking it in"-- My business only brings in the low 4 digits each year! And corona hurt my business a lot, so I am bringing in on the lower end of that now!

so, please no generalizations. Thank you! Very Happy

amother
Plum

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 10:57 pm
amother [ Green ] wrote:

Do you know what the revenue of Target and Walmart are?? Way way higher than any jewish Store will probably ever be. Shop at non jewish stores no problem, but this argument doesn't stand.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 11:04 pm
Thank you everyone who has been sharing links! I'd especially love to see more in the housewares/electronics category. If you know of any more, please share!

southernbubby

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 11:33 pm
Kettleandcord.com which is a Crown Heights housewares store.

studying_torah

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 11:44 pm
Double check shipping times. I ordered something from a judaica store online & it took weeks to arrive with no tracking or follow up.

amother
Natural

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 11:46 pm
amother [ Maroon ] wrote:

Made an effort to do this this week- I got my valco stroller on sale and instead of ordering it from a Jewish store with a big online presence I got it from a small local store. The owner stands there himself all day trying to make a sale and was so happy... while they can’t keep up with orders....

ectomorph

Post Mon, Nov 30 2020, 8:22 am
Do any of the above offer free shipping? I love to patronize frum stores

Ihatepotatoes

Post Mon, Nov 30 2020, 9:46 am
amother [ Green ] wrote:

I wish a Mod could put this in a spinoff, because this whole thread should be about store info only. But all those stores you mentioned? They employ other Jews as workers. Those workers need to make a living too. While I am sympathetic to other complaints people have about shopping in frum stores, especially the fact that I've been more often than not treated very brusquely and grouchily by many of them, the idea that they are pocketing millions while the rest of us are wallowing in squalor just isn't true. Lots of them are struggling

southernbubby

Post Mon, Nov 30 2020, 10:25 am
Basically most Crown Heights stores ship due to the shluchim who live OOT and the housewares can be toveled prior to shipping.

The frum weekly circulars are probably almost all accessable online and many of the stores ship to other neighborhoods. Some products are not available in non frum stores.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 30 2020, 1:23 pm
southernbubby wrote:
Basically most Crown Heights stores ship due to the shluchim who live OOT and the housewares can be toveled prior to shipping.

The frum weekly circulars are probably almost all accessable online and many of the stores ship to other neighborhoods. Some products are not available in non frum stores.

I personally only like to buy on a website when I can see the price and factor in shipping. All the links in the original post have that. (Kettle and Cord unfortunately does not seem to have the shipping worked out on their site, anything I try shows up "an item in your cart cannot be shipped.")

southernbubby

Post Mon, Nov 30 2020, 2:49 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I personally only like to buy on a website when I can see the price and factor in shipping. All the links in the original post have that. (Kettle and Cord unfortunately does not seem to have the shipping worked out on their site, anything I try shows up "an item in your cart cannot be shipped.")

You can probably call them if you want that item. I used to order from Weinstein's when I lived in Detroit but Kettle and Cord is less of a hardware store and more of a housewares store. I agree that if a site is aggravating, people get discouraged.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 01 2020, 3:45 am
Updated till here!

I tried to note if stores offer free shipping, please feel free to add/correct and I'll try to keep the first post updated.

singleagain

Post Tue, Dec 01 2020, 7:44 am
Seasons kosher grocery store has several locations which help spread out the delivery

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, Dec 01 2020, 8:48 am
Focus camera

Prestige Time - luxury watches (does not have a storefront, but is owned by a frum person).
https://www.prestigetime.com/

Amelia Bedelia

Post Tue, Dec 01 2020, 10:13 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'd like to put together a master list of frum-owned stores of all types that have websites you can order from, and will ship nationwide. Please post your contributions below and I'll update the first post IY"H so it's easy to reference.

πŸ“š Books & Judaica

🎈 Toys

πŸ‘³β€β™€οΈ Hair Coverings

πŸ’ Food & Supplements
Note that grocery shipping prices tend to be very high.

πŸ‘Ά Baby

πŸ‘• Clothing - Children

πŸ‘ž Shoes

🧦 Hosiery

🧒 Clothing - Boys

πŸ‘” Clothing - Men

πŸ‘— Clothing - Women

🀰 Clothing - Maternity

πŸ‘©β€πŸ³ Housewares

πŸ–₯ Electronics

πŸ“± Kosher Cell Phones

Off topic, but I'm wondering why you consider the Flatbush Eichler's the "flagship store." Eichler's of 13th Avenue is more well-known; I'd quicker consider that one the flagship store, except that the two Eichler's have no affiliation to each other whatsoever.

Chickensoupprof

Post Tue, Dec 01 2020, 11:48 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Updated till here!

I tried to note if stores offer free shipping, please feel free to add/correct and I'll try to keep the first post updated.

Why didn't you post the EU stores? I will look for UK stores as well we also need to live Sad Tongue Out
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics