Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Looking for a seminar in Israel

javamirl1

Post Tue, Dec 01 2020, 10:50 am
Hello!
My doughter wants to go seminar in Israel for 4/5 months in November
She is looking for a very frum place
Can you please recommend? Thank you so much!

Elfrida

Post Tue, Dec 01 2020, 11:24 am
javamirl1 wrote:
Hello!
My doughter wants to go seminar in Israel for 4/5 months in November
She is looking for a very frum place
Can you please recommend? Thank you so much!

I'm a bit confused with this post. She wants to go to seminar in November, but you are posting this on 1st December. Do you mean next year?

When you say seminar, I'm assuming you are referring to an american seminary, not what the Israelis call seminar, which would be the equivalent of high school?

Most seminaries run a programme for a year. I'm not sure which ones would be willing to accept her in November and have her stay only until Pesach (four or five months). There are some seminaries that have a single semester programme, but starting in November could be difficult.

Can you tell us anything more about your daughter and what she is looking for in terms of learning and social environment so that we can be more helpful?

javamirl1

Post Tue, Dec 01 2020, 12:30 pm
Yes November next year
Maybe is called Midrasha and not seminar ?

LovesHashem

Post Tue, Dec 01 2020, 12:31 pm
Seminar is 9th - 14th. It's two years past high school as well.

amother
Tangerine

Post Tue, Dec 01 2020, 12:33 pm
Post high school programs generally begin in August or September. Where is she coming from?

javamirl1

Post Tue, Dec 01 2020, 8:27 pm
She is coming from South America. She will be 18 and wants study something only for 5 months because iyh she will date after that
Suggestions?

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Dec 02 2020, 11:18 am
Would Rebbetzin Holly Pavlov's She'arim work?

amother
Blue

Post Wed, Dec 02 2020, 11:28 am
My DD's midrasha had a few girls who came from south of the equator who came approximately January to January as their school year and schedule is different. She had a good friend from Panama who was on this schedule. Some of the schools have this built in with a specific class size on this altered schedule, as I know her HS friends who were on different programs had this as well.
She went to an MO school, not a BY so it is probably irrelevant on this site.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, Dec 02 2020, 12:25 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
Would Rebbetzin Holly Pavlov's She'arim work?

They only accept 18 year olds very rarely.

Success10

Post Wed, Dec 02 2020, 12:40 pm
Some seminaries have flexibility with Southern Hemisphere girls. You'd have to figure out what sort of seminary might work for you hashkafically and then contact them. Is Tomer Devorah still open? It seems like they might be accommodating. I'm not sure a proper Bais Yaakov place would accommodate a girl coming in the middle of the year.

doctorima

Post Wed, Dec 02 2020, 1:25 pm
I believe Neve has programs with flexible dates to accommodate women and girls coming when their schedules allow. Midreshet Rochel may as well. You could also see if the dates for Lahav's half-year program could work for her.

amother
Denim

Post Wed, Dec 02 2020, 1:29 pm
Michlalah in bayit ve-gan used to have different programs/dates for girls from different countries

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, Dec 02 2020, 1:34 pm
doctorima wrote:
I believe Neve has programs with flexible dates to accommodate women and girls coming when their schedules allow. Midreshet Rochel may as well. You could also see if the dates for Lahav's half-year program could work for her.

The baal teshuva seminaries are all more flexible with dates, but they don't normally take eighteen year olds. They are aimed at post college women, and expect the girls to be more mature and independent than the average eighteen year old. They don't protect the girls in the way the Beit Yaakov seminaries do.

They have high level learning in the advanced classes, and occasionally will take an eighteen year old if they feel that she is mature and independent enough to fit in with the other girls. I wouldn't recco.end them as a first choice though.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics