Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Do you say to your children "I love you"
1  2  Next

How often?
Don't think I ever have/don't/wouldn't  
 0%  [ 1 ]
Special occasions-birthday/accomplish something impressive  
 3%  [ 5 ]
Weekly (maybe when you light Shabbos candles  
 3%  [ 5 ]
Daily (at bedtime or before school...)  
 92%  [ 145 ]
Total Votes : 156

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 01 2020, 7:48 pm
Based on the thread with the husband not saying "I love you". Wondering how people grow up/raise their children in regard to hearing and saying these words.

*** I had one more option in my poll but it disappeared.
Multiple times a day

SuperWify

Post Tue, Dec 01 2020, 7:53 pm
Many times a day.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 01 2020, 7:57 pm
SuperWify wrote:
Many times a day.

Me too!😘 (The kiss is me kissing my kids-teens when I tell them that I love them, not superwify, I'm sure she is awesome, but that would be boundaries and weird!)

Rachel Shira

Post Tue, Dec 01 2020, 8:07 pm
Probably 10 times a day at least.

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, Dec 01 2020, 8:10 pm
I don't count, but I say it a lot.
Honestly, it took me a lot of practice to get comfortable, because I never heard it growing up - or got a hug or a kiss, but I think I'm a pro by now.
My kids get a lot of affection, BH.

mom2mysouls

Post Tue, Dec 01 2020, 8:10 pm
All. Day.

keym

Post Tue, Dec 01 2020, 8:12 pm
Yup. At least when they leave the house in the morning, when they come home, and before bed.

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Dec 01 2020, 8:12 pm
I say it when they go off to school (good bye, I love you, have a great day) and at bed time (good night, I love you....)

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Dec 01 2020, 8:17 pm
I kissed DD as long as she would let me. As she grew up, I had to learn to draw back a bit and adjust to her new boundaries. Now I ask "Can I have a hug"?

If you shower your kids with love, words of affirmation, and appropriate physical touch, they will grow up knowing for sure that you love them.

I firmly believe in telling someone "Good bye, I love you!" when they leave the house, and a hug and kiss. If you don't say it and a tragedy occurs, you'll beat yourself up for it for the rest of your life. CVS you may never get another chance to tell them.

Even if you weren't raised this way, please do not withhold this precious comfort from your children! Your kids will never remember how often they had to wear clothes with wrinkles, or how often they had fish sticks for dinner. They will treasure your love for the rest of their lives - and they will pass it on to their children and grandchildren.

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Dec 01 2020, 8:20 pm
I was never told , not even pnce in my entire life, but I tell my kids I love them a bunch times a day. With those words and also with my actions (different things for each child).

hodeez

Post Tue, Dec 01 2020, 8:34 pm
Aaall day

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, Dec 01 2020, 8:51 pm
All day everyday. I hug and kiss all day too. My big ones not that often. But my five year old is made of kisses. And my big kids hug and kiss him all day too.

tymama

Post Tue, Dec 01 2020, 8:51 pm
Many many many times a day.

silverlining3

Post Tue, Dec 01 2020, 8:59 pm
Many times, I love you darling. And sometimes, I love you so much, along with a tighter hug, patting their back.

amother
Apricot

Post Tue, Dec 01 2020, 9:05 pm
I do all the time. I don't think my dh really does. My kids are very secure in his love. He shows his love in other ways.

lk1234

Post Tue, Dec 01 2020, 9:06 pm
Yes of course!!! This is where imamother starts getting super weird. What is the question????

OOTforlife

Post Tue, Dec 01 2020, 9:07 pm
Whenever I get the urge. Might be multiple times one day, then not for a few days or a week. Or it might be three days in a row.

I always say it back if they say it.

amother
Puce

Post Tue, Dec 01 2020, 9:41 pm
When my teens are a bit to much Iñl say "You are lucky I love you".
I usually say "love you, good night " when they go to sleep.

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Dec 01 2020, 9:51 pm
lk1234 wrote:
Yes of course!!! This is where imamother starts getting super weird. What is the question????

Definitely not a given. My parents never said I love you to me or my siblings. But than again they were children of holocaust survivors so I think that was normal for that generation.

lk1234

Post Tue, Dec 01 2020, 9:58 pm
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
Definitely not a given. My parents never said I love you to me or my siblings. But than again they were children of holocaust survivors so I think that was normal for that generation.

But you do agree that this is not normal, correct? Saying I love you to a child is a basic communication - it's like telling a mother that you need to make your kid breakfast. It's basic.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics