Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
Source for babies smiling in their sleep?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
Blue

Post Tue, Dec 01 2020, 4:37 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
That's the way I was taught, too. I learned that they were connected back to back, so they didn't see each other's faces. That's why Adam thought he was alone. Hashem divided them so that they could relate to each other face to face (and why "missionary" is the preferred position for zex.)

As a side note, you should watch Lucifer. Lilith and Eve are both in it, as well as Samael and several other angels and demons. It's extremely well researched and written, with enough plot twists to keep you entertained.

I think I remember learning that "male and female" means a man, but that a man is only a man if there exists such a thing (or at least such a concept) as a woman. Could be wrong though.

馃幎馃幍Crime solving devil
It makes se-e-ense
Don't overthink it馃幍馃幎

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, Dec 01 2020, 5:28 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Wait. Lilith & Samuel's daughter married Chava's & Samuel's son? Married siblings?

Kayin wasn't Adam's son?

So glad I never heard this before.

Well the first few marriages had to have been siblings, there was no one else...

amother
Green

Post Tue, Dec 01 2020, 5:29 pm
ExtraCredit wrote:
Definitely the knife. Gotta be well armed just in case.

From a practical standpoint, I would prefer a gun when sleeping alone in the house, whether I had just gone to the mikvah or not. To stab an intruder, you have to be really close. I'd rather be able to shoot from a distance. Of course, if you're half asleep and the lights are off, you could shoot your own dh by mistake if he came home earlier than expected.

zaq

Post Tue, Dec 01 2020, 5:38 pm
ra_mom wrote:

Kayin wasn't Adam's son?

讜职讛指讗指讚指诐 讬指讚址注 讗侄转-讞址讜指旨讛 讗执砖职讈转旨讜止 讜址转址旨讛址专 讜址转值旨诇侄讚 讗侄转-拽址讬执谉 讜址转止旨讗诪侄专 拽指谞执讬转执讬 讗执讬砖讈 讗侄转-讛.

Neither the text nor Rashi makes any mention of any males in Chava's life, human or otherwise, apart from Adam and their sons.

amother
Blue

Post Tue, Dec 01 2020, 5:45 pm
Technically, a gun is probably less likely to go off by mistake than a knife is to cut you. But I'm not really comfortable with either.

amother
Green

Post Tue, Dec 01 2020, 7:23 pm
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
Technically, a gun is probably less likely to go off by mistake than a knife is to cut you. But I'm not really comfortable with either.

The tradition is under your bed, not under your pillow or in your bed, so the only way you'd be likely to injure yourself would be if you grabbed the weapon the wrong way while pulling it out from under the bed.

Alternatively, you could use a large heavy skillet. It still has the disadvantage that you have to get pretty close to your intruder, though not quite as close as with a knife, but it's not likely to hurt you unless you drop it on your foot.

ExtraCredit

Post Tue, Dec 01 2020, 7:46 pm
amother [ Green ] wrote:
From a practical standpoint, I would prefer a gun when sleeping alone in the house, whether I had just gone to the mikvah or not. To stab an intruder, you have to be really close. I'd rather be able to shoot from a distance. Of course, if you're half asleep and the lights are off, you could shoot your own dh by mistake if he came home earlier than expected.

That鈥檚 why the Halacha is a knife. To avoid such fatal mistakes!

ExtraCredit

Post Tue, Dec 01 2020, 7:47 pm
amother [ Green ] wrote:
The tradition is under your bed, not under your pillow or in your bed, so the only way you'd be likely to injure yourself would be if you grabbed the weapon the wrong way while pulling it out from under the bed.

Alternatively, you could use a large heavy skillet. It still has the disadvantage that you have to get pretty close to your intruder, though not quite as close as with a knife, but it's not likely to hurt you unless you drop it on your foot.

Why do I remember under the pillow, not under the bed? Anyone else?

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Dec 01 2020, 8:53 pm
Shiraz wrote:
Isn鈥檛 that why we put a Shir Hamalos card next to the baby to protect him/her?

I never heard that one, either.

All I was told, was if you say Shema when you tuck your child in bed, it protects them for the night.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Dec 01 2020, 8:58 pm
amother [ Emerald ] wrote:
Now that's a very respectful way to talk about a widespread kabbala-based minhag that most chassisishe kallos were taught. Mad

Maybe kallahs should be taught more about how to have relations, how to say "no" when they're not in the mood, and how to communicate when their DH is not touching them in the right way. Teach them about their rights as a human being, what their ketubah says, and early warning signs of abuse.

Get that part of the class covered, and THEN maybe we can talk about demons and knives.

No wonder so many newlyweds are confused and frightened.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Tue, Dec 01 2020, 9:06 pm
I heard babies smile when the malach is learning torah with them.

I never heard of waking them when they smile. Thats insane. And im def not doing it.

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Dec 01 2020, 9:27 pm
Huh?! This is the craziest thing I have ever read here! I never hear of Lilith before and I come from a very frum home and went to top Bais Yaakov schools and sem. Am I missing something here? This is common knowledge?! TMI Is there a real source for this?

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Dec 01 2020, 10:22 pm
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:
Huh?! This is the craziest thing I have ever read here! I never hear of Lilith before and I come from a very frum home and went to top Bais Yaakov schools and sem. Am I missing something here? This is common knowledge?! TMI Is there a real source for this?

THIS is the craziest thing you鈥檝e read here? I can link a few crazier ones LOL How bout the posts where people say that they ask their rav sx questions?
This is not common knowledge, and it鈥檚 something that rarely any (IF any) bais yaakov schools are teaching.

realsilver

Post Tue, Dec 01 2020, 10:56 pm
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:
I heard babies smile when the malach is learning torah with them.

I never heard of waking them when they smile. Thats insane. And im def not doing it.

The Malach learned with them before they were born

realsilver

Post Tue, Dec 01 2020, 11:03 pm
I did learn in 12 grade that there are sheidim that are specifically dangerous for babies and they were created bein hashmoshos. In a regular heimish BY. There鈥檚 even a tefilla (in back of a tehillim) you can say for babies to protect them from these sheidim.

That being said, we don鈥檛 say the names of the sheidim outright. The sheid with the s that people mentioned is the yetzer hara(the nachash ) and that鈥檚 why people are saying that he married Chava.

There鈥檚 for sure truth to all these stuff, to a certain extent but probably not something we should be going into depth about...

Frumme

Post Tue, Dec 01 2020, 11:10 pm
ExtraCredit wrote:
Why do I remember under the pillow, not under the bed? Anyone else?

Yes, I was also taught that the knife goes under the pillow. What would be the point if it was under the bed?

I was also taught it could be whatever knife. Even plastic Very Happy

amother
Mistyrose

Post Fri, Dec 04 2020, 8:37 am
I was taught that if it's mikva night and husband is away, put a plastic knife under pillow, or sleep with a nightlight open, or sleep with husband's shirt, or have a child in the room. Teacher didn't specify why, but she did mention it's more symbolic nowadays, not something we actually believe in.
For babies, there's a bunch of shmira cards. Specific ones for a boy or a girl that are hung up on each wall of the bedroom and a Reziel (not sure how to spell it) Hamalach sefer and/or a Noam Elimelech sefer that's put into the crib under the baby's mattress for protection.
I have heard also that anyone giving birth should also put any sefer under their mattress when giving birth as protection too. Not from sheidim, just generally doesn't hurt to have extra protection at a time like that.
Babies smiling in sleep, I have heard to tap them on the nose but I figured that as long as their are mezuzahs in the house, we are always protected

mom2mysouls

Post Fri, Dec 04 2020, 8:53 am
Tapping on the nose? For what reason?

My baby - two months old, smiles literally every minute in her sleep. I think I will let her be, and run do my laundry/cooking before she wakes up and cries again..

Scotty

Post Sun, Dec 13 2020, 9:26 pm
https://www.aish.com/ci/w/Lili.....s=hp3

Just got this today in my email. Either google is reading imamother over my shoulder or it鈥檚 bashert to post here after seeing this last week! Haven鈥檛 read article yet but I should think aish.com a reputable resource.

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Dec 13 2020, 11:28 pm
I know the author personally, very very reputable. He is a huge talmid chochom.
Page 5 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions