Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Re: Boro Park food box

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 12:34 pm
Now that most schools are closed, I heard a few starting the boxes again.
Can u please post time and location

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 1:11 pm
The public schools are giving breakfast and lunch from 9-12 for kids in remote learning and then community meals for everyone from 3-5. I picked up today and there was lots of kosher food. The bagel, cereal, milk, cream cheese, jelly, apple juice, were all either OU, OU-D, Kaf-K, Star K, etc. There was also an apple which doesnt need a hechsher. The only thing that we couldnt eat today was a ready made sandwich and some chick peas in a cup but everything else was fine. Not sure if this is every day as I believe the menu varies but if you eat these hechshers then you can pick up food from the public schools in your neighborhood. They also have kosher meals but the menu is basically the same on a rotating basis so if you want more variety then you can try picking up the regular meals as well.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 3:11 pm

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 5:19 pm
Which Yeshivas / schools in Boro Park have food pick up?

amother
Apricot

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 6:02 pm
amother [ Dodgerblue ] wrote:
The public schools are giving breakfast and lunch from 9-12 for kids in remote learning and then community meals for everyone from 3-5. I picked up today and there was lots of kosher food. The bagel, cereal, milk, cream cheese, jelly, apple juice, were all either OU, OU-D, Kaf-K, Star K, etc. There was also an apple which doesnt need a hechsher. The only thing that we couldnt eat today was a ready made sandwich and some chick peas in a cup but everything else was fine. Not sure if this is every day as I believe the menu varies but if you eat these hechshers then you can pick up food from the public schools in your neighborhood. They also have kosher meals but the menu is basically the same on a rotating basis so if you want more variety then you can try picking up the regular meals as well.

Which public school in BP? Also how can we pick up meals for remote learning if the kids are doing remote and are busy from 9-12?

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 7:17 pm
amother [ Apricot ] wrote:
Which public school in BP? Also how can we pick up meals for remote learning if the kids are doing remote and are busy from 9-12?

I am not sure what you should do if your kids are home, maybe call deblasio and ask him to change the times? But I do think that the meals are the same for remote learning and community meals so you can pick up meals at either time.

The Kosher meal in BP they have from 3-5 at Franklin D. Roosevelt High School—5800 20th Avenue

For remote learning meals from 9-12 you can put in your zip code or address and a list of schools will show up. https://www.opt-osfns.org/scho.....esult

Same for community meals-- https://dsny.maps.arcgis.com/a.....f176f

amother
Powderblue

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 7:40 pm
the bp meals used to be provided at 47 and 18 Avenue. Its now been changed to 20 Avenue and 658 street, which is way out at the outskirts

amother
Babyblue

Post Mon, Nov 30 2020, 4:07 pm
I keep hearing from workmates about they are overflowing with food from these food boxes. My kids schools stopped.
Where can I still pickup in Boro Park??
Any place I can pick up even though knot a student there?

amother
Babyblue

Post Mon, Nov 30 2020, 4:13 pm
Would be a huge help for me

amother
Mint

Post Mon, Nov 30 2020, 8:28 pm
BUMP!

amother
Olive

Post Mon, Nov 30 2020, 8:45 pm
I believe Tomer Dvora, Rachmastrivka, and Boyan are all still giving. Bobov boys too, but for parents only.

amother
Mint

Post Mon, Nov 30 2020, 8:52 pm
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
I believe Tomer Dvora, Rachmastrivka, and Boyan are all still giving. Bobov boys too, but for parents only.

Days/times please? Tia!

amother
Mint

Post Wed, Dec 02 2020, 6:07 am
amother [ Babyblue ] wrote:
I keep hearing from workmates about they are overflowing with food from these food boxes. My kids schools stopped.
Where can I still pickup in Boro Park??
Any place I can pick up even though knot a student there?

Maybe you can ask them where they are getting their boxes from?

amother
Aquamarine

Post Wed, Dec 02 2020, 9:47 am
Please share who is still giving

amother
Olive

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 5:33 pm
Boyan has distribution now. I think Tomer Dvora/Bais Yitzchok is at 6 pm

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 5:39 pm
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
Boyan has distribution now. I think Tomer Dvora/Bais Yitzchok is at 6 pm

Is it only for their parents?

amother
Olive

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 5:41 pm
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
Is it only for their parents?

Boyan is open to the public at 5:45. TD is open to the public after the finish distributing to their families.

amother
Mint

Post Wed, Dec 09 2020, 11:25 am
Any boxes today? Times and locations please Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen