Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Mothers of older Bais Faiga girls!
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 02 2020, 10:41 am
How does your daughter go to school with her period???
Is there any comfortable, discreet way to change a pad?
DD has a sweater with a deep pocket but school rule is they can only wear the uniform sweater.
What does your daughter do??
Right now I can only think to take her late and pick her up early on day 1 and 2. Any solutions????

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, Dec 02 2020, 10:45 am
When I was in school I would double my pad in the morning. This way I just had to go to the bathroom, remove the top pad and had a fresh clean pad underneath.

sequoia

Post Wed, Dec 02 2020, 10:46 am
What happened to good old slip it in your sleeve?

In the 21st century, in a first-world country, a girl should not miss out on her education because she has her period. Heck, they’re starting to figure that out in India and Africa.

Sending her late and picking her up early sends a terrible message. Please don’t do it.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Wed, Dec 02 2020, 10:48 am
I always double or tripple padded as a teen in school.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, Dec 02 2020, 10:52 am
Does she wear tights, especially in the winter? My daughter puts an extra pad between her underwear and tights, by her stomach. You can't tell and the tights keep it in place.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 02 2020, 11:02 am
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:
I always double or tripple padded as a teen in school.

Doesn’t it rip the pad underneath when you pull off the top one?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 02 2020, 11:03 am
Is there a place to throw out pads in the individual bathrooms in BF?

amother
Floralwhite

Post Wed, Dec 02 2020, 11:07 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Doesn’t it rip the pad underneath when you pull off the top one?

no. And also let her experiment. How old is she? Can she ask her friends what they do?

amother
Ivory

My DD uses tampons, which is easier to hide in her pocket or up her sleeve. Sometimes she also puts on a pad for double coverage.

As a teen, I used to put an extra pad into my tights, flat against my stomach. This way I had it ready for change. I kept another in my coat pocket, which I could put on at recess time to go outside, but then go to the bathroom on my way out.

amother
Ivory

amother [ OP ] wrote:
Is there a place to throw out pads in the individual bathrooms in BF?

I think so.

OOTforlife

Post Wed, Dec 02 2020, 11:14 am
I'm not familiar with the school, but are girls not allowed to bring their backpacks into the bathroom?

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, Dec 02 2020, 11:18 am
If she brings her backpack to the bathroom everyone will know why....

ShishKabob

Post Wed, Dec 02 2020, 11:19 am
OOTforlife wrote:
I'm not familiar with the school, but are girls not allowed to bring their backpacks into the bathroom?
Most girls are embarrassed to walk in with their bag. It's like announcing to the world that I got my period!

OOTforlife

Post Wed, Dec 02 2020, 11:22 am
ShishKabob wrote:
Most girls are embarrassed to walk in with their bag. It's like announcing to the world that I got my period!

Oh OK. In my experience in non-Jewish schools, students took their backpacks around with them between classes and frequently used the bathroom for other things like to remake hair with a hairbrush or reapply concealer. But if that is not a thing, then of course never mind.

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Dec 02 2020, 11:42 am
I cant believe that girls and women have to feel ashamed and figure out how to deal with their periods in 2020 in a first world country.

why ??

why does this have to be case ?

please enlighten me.

look at scotland: https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-sc.....29880

most countries have higher taxes on tampons/pads than on other hygiene items-

most schools dont have bins in the toilets

most kids have to hide tampons on the way to the bathroom...

I think it gives girls the vibe that there is something wrong with them menstruationg. it is a problem. instead of showing them it is COMPLETELY GOOD AND NORMAL.

noone ever questions how to bring toilet paper to the toilet? well a pad is just as much a necessity !

I was in a mixed (nonjewish) highschool and boys knew about periods, it was normal to walk around with a bag or to keep products in the girls' bathroom. that was europe 25 years ago! how can it be a problem in a girls' school in the usa today????? is there a point im missing???

(I dont mean to blame or compare, we definitely had issues in my youth, there were massive disciplinary problems ect. but menstruation was just concidered so normal by everyone. I remember an incident, a boy and a girl were in a fight about the chessclub...in the end the girl was very upset, almost cried and told the boy she is on her period and dealing witht his fight is just too much...he said he is sorry and they will discuss it another time - we were around 13 years old - no blame no shame. we were NOT mature in other ways, constantly in trouble Sad )

sequoia

Post Wed, Dec 02 2020, 11:45 am
amother [ Jade ] wrote:
I cant believe that girls and women have to feel ashamed and figure out how to deal with their periods in 2020 in a first world country.

why ??

why does this have to be case ?

please enlighten me.

look at scotland: https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-sc.....29880

most countries have higher taxes on tampons/pads than on other hygiene items-

most schools dont have bins in the toilets

most kids have to hide tampons on the way to the bathroom...

I think it gives girls the vibe that there is something wrong with them menstruationg. it is a problem. instead of showing them it is COMPLETELY GOOD AND NORMAL.

noone ever questions how to bring toilet paper to the toilet? well a pad is just as much a necessity !

I was in a mixed highschool and boys knew about periods, it was normal to walk around with a bag or to keep products in the girls' bathroom. that was europe 25 years ago! how can it be a problem in a girls' school in the usa today????? is there a point im missing???

This is an American cultural thing.

Other (Western) countries are much less squeamish and shamefaced about menstruation.

Trash cans in bathrooms aren’t a thing here in Ukraine, for instance. You go into the kitchen and throw out your pad. Yes, possibly in front of others. It’s normal.

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Dec 02 2020, 11:59 am
My mother is Hungarian and it was also a big secret. American s called it "The Curse" and in Spanish the word for pregnancy is related to the word "embarrassed".
It's not just American.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 02 2020, 12:07 pm
I specifically addressed mothers of girls in Bais Faiga. I’m not sure why other people are responding. It wasn’t a general thread about girls getting their period.

ShishKabob

Post Wed, Dec 02 2020, 12:09 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I specifically addressed mothers of girls in Bais Faiga. I’m not sure why other people are responding. It wasn’t a general thread about girls getting their period.
Sorry that I chimed in. I can't help you with the Bais Feiga thing. Although, why don't you call the High School secretary and ask her, she may be able to be helpful if you don't get help from this place. Good luck!

Fave

Post Wed, Dec 02 2020, 12:10 pm
Disclaimer: I’m not a Bais Feiga parent, but my idea might help you.

My girls use the 12 hour overnight pads for school.
They don’t need to change it during the 8 hours that they are not home.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries