Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
TMM vs TAG vs Shulamit High School

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 02 2020, 1:34 pm
Can you please compare and contrast the three high schools. What is the selling point and strengths of each.

I know the bulk of the students in each school are coming from the connected elementary. Where are girls that did not go to connected elementary school coming from?

amother
Amber

Post Wed, Dec 02 2020, 3:07 pm
TMM is the most “Brooklyn base yaakov” type, the high school for BBY. To my knowledge it is almost exclusively comprised of girls from BBY, possible a couple from TAG. Small, it’s in a trailer, not super focused on academics and pretty homogeneous.
A lot of BBY girl will also apply to TAG high school, although the spots there are limited so harder to get in if didn’t go to TAG elementary. As an alumnus of TAG, I found it to be an excellent well rounded high school, different tracks for academics in kodesh and chol and many different programs, it’s a larger school (maybe 100 per grade??) but still has a warm feeling. There is a larger mix of girls. Will have some go on to BJJ, mesores Rochel, and some Michlala, Darchei BInah, and everyone learns to respect each other and get along. The hanhala is very frum.
I think from both elementary schools, there is a very mall contingent that will go to high school in Brooklyn, like YOB if want more yeshivish.
Shulamith girls either go to shulamith high school or SKA (HALB high school) there may be a couple that go to TAG.

amother
Amber

Post Wed, Dec 02 2020, 3:09 pm
And there are also some from BBY and TAG elementary that feel the schools are too right wing for them and go to shulamith high school.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics