Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
What would your reaction be?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 02 2020, 5:10 pm
Cleaning woman came yesterday. I was sick yesterday (still not back to myself), baby was sick, one night I was up until 2 am with baby, and I just became niddah today after 7 clean months.
I made dinner and served the kids. Breaded chicken bites. They ate... and then they began playing around. I warned my oldest, saying please put that down, be he ignored me and the next thing I know it has escalated to throwing the plate full of fleishig chicken crumbs across the table, won crumbs landing all over the kitchen.

What would your reaction have been? Not what it SHOULD be. What do you think it would have been?

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, Dec 02 2020, 5:24 pm
I would get mad at the kid and make him clean it up.

Sorry youre going through a lot. I think you need to do something for yourself to make you feel a little better. maybe get a manicure

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 02 2020, 5:31 pm
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:
I would get mad at the kid and make him clean it up.

Sorry youre going through a lot. I think you need to do something for yourself to make you feel a little better. maybe get a manicure

Just curious- what would "get mad" look or sound like?
No manicure- just gonna have to take it off before mikvah Laugh

I'm really doing better now. Dh had flowers delivered to me, which was so sweet and unexpected! And the rest of the night, after kids are sleeping, I'm doing nothing. So I'll be ok.

I'm just curious about what people's reactions would be.

My reaction: I yelled "STOP THAT RIGHT NOW!" And angrily brought one child to his room where I sat with him until we both calmed down, and made the other child stay out of the kitchen until I had cleaned up the mess.
I'm upset at myself that I yelled.

ExtraCredit

Post Wed, Dec 02 2020, 5:36 pm
You’re asking what other people’s reaction would be but not everyone is currently as overwhelmed and stressed as you are so it’s not fair for you to compare. You’ll be hurting yourself even more.
I wouldn’t bat much of an eyelash if my toddler spilled his plate of chicken on the floor at the moment.
However, If I’d be as exhausted and stressed as you I’d probably go right to that smash-a-glass place, after yelling my tonsils out at the child and everyone else within earshot.
So you’re probably normal. Try to take care of yourself.

amother
Honeydew

Post Wed, Dec 02 2020, 5:38 pm
I’d SCREAM. But that is very wrong😗

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 02 2020, 5:56 pm
ExtraCredit wrote:
You’re asking what other people’s reaction would be but not everyone is currently as overwhelmed and stressed as you are so it’s not fair for you to compare. You’ll be hurting yourself even more.
I wouldn’t bat much of an eyelash if my toddler spilled his plate of chicken on the floor at the moment.
However, If I’d be as exhausted and stressed as you I’d probably go right to that smash-a-glass place, after yelling my tonsils out at the child and everyone else within earshot.

My question was if you were in my exact situation wwyd.
And my children are not toddlers. They are 6 and a half and 3.

ExtraCredit

Post Wed, Dec 02 2020, 5:58 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My question was if you were in my exact situation wwyd.
And my children are not toddlers. They are 6 and a half and 3.

Here is my answer to your situation

Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children